Web UI occasionally does not update

Please report any bug found here

Web UI occasionally does not update

Postby PeteB » 23 Feb 2016, 01:24

I have noticed that the web UI does not always show what the player is doing. Not sure if it is a bug, or something related to the Raspberry Pi, or to the Android phone I am using. I described one previous case here:

http://www.runeaudio.com/forum/web-ui-not-updating-correctly-t3221.html

In this screen shot, the queue screen is showing both tracks, the one I selected, and the one playing... this may just be another example of the same thing, if so, then please ignore... ;)

I am wondering if this happens because my Pi only has a WiFi connection? This was all in one room, so the signal is normally pretty strong, even though the data rate is slow. (The data rate over WiFi is not an issue for me, since it is more than fast enough to stream most audio files.)
Attachments
Screenshot_Rune_07.jpg
Screen shot, Queue screen not updating
Screenshot_Rune_07.jpg (104.41 KiB) Viewed 1715 times
PeteB

Re: Web UI occasionally does not update

Postby ACX » 23 Feb 2016, 02:25

Hi PeteB,
The glitch you describe is quite strange, I never noticed that with ethernet connection. Are you sure you don't have any network issue, like some packet loss via wifi? It seems the client is missing some updates via websocket...
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Re: Web UI occasionally does not update

Postby PeteB » 23 Feb 2016, 04:48

I am away from my home for a few weeks, so I am on WiFi only. All my "toys" are in one room with the phone I am using for the Rune UI. Signal strength is usually pretty good, can't say about packet loss, but on WiFi anything is possible.

I know what a socket is, websocket, not so much (sorry). In general your software runs very well, just this occasional hiccup.

I have four devices connected via WiFi, sometimes 5. Two Raspberry Pis, Samsung Galaxy Core Prime phone (the screen caps are from that), old HP laptop running Ubuntu 14.04, old Nexus tablet w. latest Android update. One Pi 2 is running Rune Audio, the other one Kodi/Xbian. The Pi 2's and the phone are new, everything else is old.

WiFi is slow, but fast enough to stream audio to the Rune player and 1080p video to Kodi, simultaneously. Except for the basics, my networking skills are minimal, and my Linux skills only a bit better, WiFi, almost non-existent.

This usually happens when I am using the UI a lot, usually when I am trying to test something, change something, switch between the USB dac and the HiFiBerry dac+. Never or rarely happens when I am just listening to music, and then only after an hour or more.

root login says:
Code: Select all
RuneOs: 0.3-beta
RuneUI: 1.3-beta
Hw-env: RaspberryPi 2

uname -a says:
Code: Select all
Linux runeaudio 3.18.7-3-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Feb 13 06:23:21 MST 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux

If there is any other info you need, please ask. Otherwise, this is all I have. Btw, switching between the two dacs on the fly is awesome... :D
PeteB

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Bug report