web radio

Raspberry Pi related support

web radio

Postby tsawyer » 20 Jan 2021, 02:31

I was playing with some of the option sources and was trying to connect to a web radio url. when I setup a connection for

https://www.internet-radio.com/servers/ ... d=1&t=.pls

it seems like the box is attempting to connect then nothing. I see 3 dots but nothing happens. if I put in the same url into vlc, connects fine. so my network config allows connections to web radio but I'm not getting it on the rune. I manually added the station and attempted to import the setting by going to /mnt/MPD/ and creating a file Webradio. so far neither allows the connection. is this the correct way to setup webradio?
tsawyer

Re: web radio

Postby cmh714 » 20 Jan 2021, 02:57

Save the pls to your desktop or wherever and then open it in an editor and there you will find the actual uri needed for Rune.....
cmh714

Postby tsawyer » 20 Jan 2021, 15:09

cmh714 wrote:Save the pls to your desktop or wherever and then open it in an editor and there you will find the actual uri needed for Rune.....

thanx for the reply. the url in the post was the same information I would have saved to my desktop. I instead copied it to memory, nanoed a new file in the pi, saved and attempted to import. no luck. also tried to add a new station directly on the webradio page by naming it and copying the url on the field. that as well did not connect. the same urls were able to be connected in vlc. so that should say I have valid information as well as confirmed I do not have something blocking the connection
tsawyer

Postby cmh714 » 20 Jan 2021, 17:27

yep, its not working for me either....in VLC codec says its a mpga......i dont have ffmpeg enabled it may need that???

GL
cmh714

Postby tsawyer » 20 Jan 2021, 20:50

looking at your post, I did try it exactly as written. if I copy that exact string, open vlc and say stream from that link, error. if I strip off everything and use ip address and port to say stream, it works. when I put in the entire string into firefox as posted, it gave me a file to download/open with (I have vlc associated with the file extension) things work. again, stripping off everything but the ip address and port, the page shows SHOUTcast Server v2.5.5.733/posix(linux x64) and this info (at time of connection)

Listing Status: Stream is currently up and public
Stream Status: Stream is up (MP3 @ 192 kbps, 44.1 kHz) with 125 of 200 listeners (123 unique)
Listener Peak: 202
Avg. Play Time: 9 hours 41 minutes 48 seconds
Stream Name: Metal Express Radio
Stream Genre(s): Heavy Metal
Stream Website: www.metalexpressradio.com
Playing Now: British Lion - Last Chance

I thought there was another post asking about shoutcast, I'll have to do into that another time. purely from a few things and not a lot of digging it, my best guess a problem understanding shoutcase sources since the other web radio defaults play as soon as the page is rendered by a browser.
tsawyer

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi