VANA compelte streaming system for RPI and other SBCs

General discussion about RuneAudio. Do not post any support or feature requests here.

Re: VANA compelte streaming system for RPI and other SBCs

Postby Vinboy » 22 Nov 2016, 16:18

Vinboy wrote:
Hello
I have uncomment only one line for iqaudio-dacplus (it should activate any PCM 51xx), and after reboot or switch it off from supply has appeared iqaudio in the MPD menu (but it seems that it didnt work for the first attempt), when I will be home send you exact config.txt extraction, also I set sound signature on ACX or Um3..., remaining sometimes muted audio output.
But also you can try or you should try first moode player if your DAC works correctly... :mrgreen:

PS: i would like also compare Moode vs Runeaudio software if it has any impact on the final SQ but as I understand Kali Reclocker makes the big improvement of SQ so changing of software or sound signature in Rune should not have any audible impact on SQ maybe sligtly....this is my result when i switched from Mambo LS (ESS9023) onto Kali DAC (PCM5211), my impressions are above in old remarks...Kali is more open, more huge 3D stereo ....briefly said

Excuse me but I have not understood the phrase " also I set sound signature on ACX or Um3..., remaining sometimes muted audio output"...
Anyway, I would definitely use runeaudio (and I would avoid moode, I don't like it)!

Sorry ... now I understand what you mean.
I always's used sound signature: "Arch Linux default" or "RuneAudio".
I await your config.txt!
Thank you!
Vinboy

Postby Blackfear » 22 Nov 2016, 16:35

Vinboy wrote:
Vinboy wrote:
Hello
I have uncomment only one line for iqaudio-dacplus (it should activate any PCM 51xx), and after reboot or switch it off from supply has appeared iqaudio in the MPD menu (but it seems that it didnt work for the first attempt), when I will be home send you exact config.txt extraction, also I set sound signature on ACX or Um3..., remaining sometimes muted audio output.
But also you can try or you should try first moode player if your DAC works correctly... :mrgreen:

PS: i would like also compare Moode vs Runeaudio software if it has any impact on the final SQ but as I understand Kali Reclocker makes the big improvement of SQ so changing of software or sound signature in Rune should not have any audible impact on SQ maybe sligtly....this is my result when i switched from Mambo LS (ESS9023) onto Kali DAC (PCM5211), my impressions are above in old remarks...Kali is more open, more huge 3D stereo ....briefly said

Excuse me but I have not understood the phrase " also I set sound signature on ACX or Um3..., remaining sometimes muted audio output"...
Anyway, I would definitely use runeaudio (and I would avoid moode, I don't like it)!

Sorry ... now I understand what you mean.
I always's used sound signature: "Arch Linux default" or "RuneAudio".
I await your config.txt!
Thank you!

Hi, ok maybe i wrote it very briefly and badly, switching between sound signatures in RuneOS kernel settings caused sometimes sound disappearance with using Piano DAC, ACX and Um3ggh1U works for me (but maybe will test remaining profiles to find why or by what it is caused..but differences are minimally) anyway my config below after this IQaudIODAC is visible in MPD confuguration:

# Uncomment one of these lines to enable an audio interface
#dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplus
#dtoverlay=hifiberry-dac
#dtoverlay=hifiberry-digi
#dtoverlay=hifiberry-amp
#dtoverlay=iqaudio-dac
dtoverlay=iqaudio-dacplus

PS: I agree RUNE is better than Moode for its visual clarity.... :P
Blackfear

Postby Vinboy » 22 Nov 2016, 16:43

Blackfear wrote:Hi, ok maybe i wrote it very briefly and badly, switching between sound signatures in RuneOS kernel settings caused sometimes sound disappearance with using Piano DAC, ACX and Um3ggh1U works for me (but maybe will test remaining profiles to find why or by what it is caused..but differences are minimally) anyway my config below after this IQaudIODAC is visible in MPD confuguration:

#dtoverlay=hifiberry-dac
#dtoverlay=hifiberry-amp
#dtoverlay=iqaudio-dac

Thank you!!!
Vinboy

Postby Blackfear » 22 Nov 2016, 16:49

Vinboy wrote:
Blackfear wrote:Hi, ok maybe i wrote it very briefly and badly, switching between sound signatures in RuneOS kernel settings caused sometimes sound disappearance with using Piano DAC, ACX and Um3ggh1U works for me (but maybe will test remaining profiles to find why or by what it is caused..but differences are minimally) anyway my config below after this IQaudIODAC is visible in MPD confuguration:

#dtoverlay=hifiberry-dac
#dtoverlay=hifiberry-amp
#dtoverlay=iqaudio-dac

Thank you!!!

you are welcome, please let me or let us know if it works for you (if you see IqAudio DAC in MPD) i had some problems that after this config.txt setting, IQaudio wasnt once visible but later it was after another reboot or switching off by unplug power supply. Anyway it is very good system...
Blackfear

Postby Vinboy » 22 Nov 2016, 17:07

Blackfear wrote:you are welcome, please let me or let us know if it works for you (if you see IqAudio DAC in MPD) i had some problems that after this config.txt setting, IQaudio wasnt once visible but later it was after another reboot or switching off by unplug power supply. Anyway it is very good system...

Today I received only Piano DAC and Kali Reclocker but wait for iFi iPower 5v.
I will share when I have mounted all!
For now... Rp3 with DAC SABRE 9023 (Audiophonics) with RuneAudio! ;)
Vinboy

Postby Blackfear » 22 Nov 2016, 17:13

Vinboy wrote:
Blackfear wrote:you are welcome, please let me or let us know if it works for you (if you see IqAudio DAC in MPD) i had some problems that after this config.txt setting, IQaudio wasnt once visible but later it was after another reboot or switching off by unplug power supply. Anyway it is very good system...

Today I received only Piano DAC and Kali Reclocker but wait for iFi iPower 5v.
I will share when I have mounted all!
For now... Rp3 with DAC SABRE 9023 (Audiophonics) with RuneAudio! ;)

Hi, I used 9023 from Mambo LS with Kalireclocker before, i am curious what impessions will you have when you will test ES9023 vs Kali Piano DAC, which ES9023 DAC do you have now and cane be used with Kali reclocker to compare both DAC future Kali Piano DAC and former 9023 DAC?
Blackfear

Postby Vinboy » 22 Nov 2016, 17:38

Blackfear wrote:Hi, I used 9023 from Mambo LS with Kalireclocker before, i am curious what impessions will you have when you will test ES9023 vs Kali Piano DAC, which ES9023 DAC do you have now and cane be used with Kali reclocker to compare both DAC future Kali Piano DAC and former 9023 DAC?

Now i use this Audiophonics SABRE 9023 DAC:
http://www.audiophonics.fr/fr/dac-diy/a ... 11215.html

But I have to wait iFi iPower to power the recloker (different connector: 2.5mm DC JACK... and I not have an adapter from microUSB :( )
Vinboy

Postby Blackfear » 22 Nov 2016, 18:16

Vinboy wrote:
Blackfear wrote:Hi, I used 9023 from Mambo LS with Kalireclocker before, i am curious what impessions will you have when you will test ES9023 vs Kali Piano DAC, which ES9023 DAC do you have now and cane be used with Kali reclocker to compare both DAC future Kali Piano DAC and former 9023 DAC?

But I have to wait iFi iPower to power the recloker (different connector: 2.5mm DC JACK... and I not have an adapter from microUSB :( )

I am not sure if this Sabre DAC from Audioph. will work with KaliReclocker, i bought Mambo LS (ES9023) and Piano DAC (PCM5122) to find which fits me better (to my ears ) in pc i have asus xonar essence xt (PCM 1792), so i wanted to try first ESS sabre DAC (mambo) with kali reclocker (confirmed that these are paired into each) first shock with overall details but also too much energy in highs and highmids spectrum. So i tried also Piano of course paired with Kali reclocker, result +/- the same , but i have to tune crossover into my speakers to polite highs and low highs to find balanced but also detailed sound. But you will satisfy :-) with detail which are caused pairing with KaliReclocker...
Blackfear

Postby Blackfear » 22 Nov 2016, 18:18

Blackfear wrote:
Vinboy wrote:

I am not sure if this Sabre DAC from Audioph. will work with KaliReclocker, i bought Mambo LS (ES9023) and Piano DAC (PCM5122) to find which fits me better (to my ears ) in pc i have asus xonar essence xt (PCM 1792), so i wanted to try first ESS sabre DAC (mambo) with kali reclocker (confirmed that these are paired into each) first shock with overall details but also too much energy in highs and highmids spectrum. So i tried also Piano of course paired with Kali reclocker, result +/- the same , but i have to tune crossover into my speakers to polite highs and low highs to find balanced but also detailed sound. But you will satisfy :-) with detail which are caused by pairing with KaliReclocker...

PS: also will have to stifle my room by absorbers panels
Blackfear

Postby Vinboy » 22 Nov 2016, 18:39

Blackfear wrote:I am not sure if this Sabre DAC from Audioph. will work with KaliReclocker, i bought Mambo LS (ES9023) and Piano DAC (PCM5122) to find which fits me better (to my ears ) in pc i have asus xonar essence xt (PCM 1792), so i wanted to try first ESS sabre DAC (mambo) with kali reclocker (confirmed that these are paired into each) first shock with overall details but also too much energy in highs and highmids spectrum. So i tried also Piano of course paired with Kali reclocker, result +/- the same , but i have to tune crossover into my speakers to polite highs and low highs to find balanced but also detailed sound. But you will satisfy :-) with detail which are caused by pairing with KaliReclocker...
PS: also will have to stifle my room by absorbers panels

It should work.
From Volumio shop:
"ALLO – Kali i2s Reclocker
... It works with any slave i2s DAC that uses generic drivers (tested with Mamboberry DACs using Hifiberry DAC setting, G2LABS AK DAC , and Audiophonics Sabre, it does not work with IQ Audio DAC+ nor Hifiberry DAC Plus\PRO), refer to Compatibility section to know if your DAC has been tested with Kali".
Vinboy

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion