Use of metadata for ordering or filtering

Suggestions/requests/ideas for RuneAudio core features and functions

Use of metadata for ordering or filtering

Postby Phil261575 » 28 Oct 2015, 13:03

Hi all.

I am a new user of Raspberry Pi 2B + Rune since few days and I must say you did a great job ! I spent years using a PC laptop + Jriver, this new device/software is simple to setup and use, and most of all it sounds great (USB attached to my DAC) ! I still have trouble with album arts using MPDroid but I should find how to thanks to all posts on the WEB.

This post to suggest improvement with metada use. I already found several posts on that subject, hope this one will add new idea. In that particular way, Jriver is very good.

I would like to be able to create a new view starting from one metadata. For instance, there is a default Artist view, I would like to be able to create a new AlbumArtist view. Using Jriver, one can easily add a view and change the default metadata by another one.

In addition, I would like to be able to sort results by other metadata. For instance, I create a new AlbumArtist view ordered by albums' year.

Last I would like to filter results on metadata values. For instance, I create a new AlbumArtist view, ordered by albums' year and with a filter on Rating=3 and 5 (all songs I like and my favourite songs). Quite cool when playing shuffle all albums of one artist.

Hope my proposal is clear and will be integrated in future releases.

Good job again !

Phil
Phil261575

Re: Use of metadata for ordering or filtering

Postby Phil261575 » 30 Oct 2015, 20:28

Just to let you know that I managed to solve the MPDroid/Album art issue thanks to a PUTTY connection to RuneAudio, creation of a soft link built in between the MNT and the WEB server and the good App setting. All good !!! :D

Phil
Phil261575

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Feature request