Uploading tracks via ftp/sftp

Suggestions/requests/ideas for RuneAudio core features and functions

Re: Uploading tracks via ftp/sftp

Postby davidemania » 28 Dec 2014, 09:46

Sweet, I didn't know it is possible to resize a partition with the OS running on it!
davidemania

Postby robertinjo » 23 Feb 2015, 23:23

Well I tried, but haven't been able to resize partition.
Is there an easier way to do it, I am not a linux programer so I must be missing something obvious?!
robertinjo

Postby treefiddy » 06 Aug 2015, 08:15

aj78 wrote:Another command which may be of interest to make use of unused space on the SD card is resize2fs. This resizes the filesystem, and can be used while the filesystem is online (i.e. no need to unmount it). First you have to use fdisk to resize the partition to fill the whole SD card. You can do this by doing "fdisk /dev/mmcblk0". Press "p" to show the current partitions and note down the details of the main one that RuneOS is on. Then delete it! (Press "d" and choose the relevant partition number.) Then press "n" to make a new partition, and "p" to select a primary partition. Enter the same start block that you wrote down above, and allow it to use the default end block (the last block available on the device). Now press "t" and enter the value "82" to mark it as a Linux partition. Finally press "w" to write changes and exit. You may have to reboot after this for changes to be registered. This has resized the partition, but not yet the filesystem.

Next, use the command "resize2fs /dev/mmcblk0p0" (or /dev/mmcblk0p1 if the main RuneOS partition was mmcblk0p1). This will resize the filesystem to fill the whole partition, and hey presto you have a lot more space available for stuff.

Thank you. Very useful. This is something for the Documentation (DOCS) on this page. It took a while until i could find this :) (As well as how to enable the hifiberry via uncommenting the config txt)

Thanks again and just to let you know: I LOVE RUNEAUDIO!!
treefiddy

Postby ACX » 06 Aug 2015, 14:19

I just included it in the Docs:
http://www.runeaudio.com/documentation/ ... tition-sd/
@aj78 I took the liberty to take your post and adapt it for the docs :) thank you for it.

I invite everybody to check the correctness of the guide and eventually suggest edits via GitHub. I also invite everybody to contribute to the docs with any other useful guide or tips, so we can have a centralized knowledge repository for everybody.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby frengo » 29 Feb 2016, 01:37

I want to thank you for the very interesting thread.

I applied the changes to RuneAudio but as you can make permanent the write setting on the USB storage drive? Unfortunately, there is the problem when you restart the system. It returns with the USB stick in read-only.

Amending you can do to make sure that the USB stick is always on writable mode also after the reboot?

Thanks very much in advance.
frengo

Postby hondagx35 » 29 Feb 2016, 07:15

Hi,

please read this.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby frengo » 04 Mar 2016, 17:51

I thank Hondagx35 but this thread does not work on RuneAudio by Odroid C1 ? What's the matter ? I can not see the pendrive /dev/mmcblk0p3. Raspberry is on the shelf from a lot of months. The ODROID not have all the problems of the Raspberry....where I mistake ?
frengo

Postby hondagx35 » 04 Mar 2016, 18:24

Hi frengo,

- you did not specify your hardware in your first post
- you did not post any info about the version (updates installed yes/no)
- you did not include any further debug info
To get the best possible support, please specify your hardware and RuneAudio version. Collecting debug info is also suggested.

- the question in this thread was how to use unallocated space on the sd card and how to upload music via ftp/sftp

- the link i posted has the answer for your problem. If it does not work for you you did something wrong.
So please post your question there and send us the needed information and you will get help.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby meathane » 14 Jun 2018, 16:21

Guys, this is what frustrates people about Linux forums and the like, is things like this:

"Press "p" to show the current partitions and note down the details of the main one that RuneOS is on."

I don't know what partition Rune is on, because I'm not a programmer. Is there not a simple step by step tutorial on how to make use of the space on the SD card? I can only find this post, and other by some arsehole called Frank.
meathane

Postby rastus » 15 Jun 2018, 01:23

meathane,

follow the instructions on the link below, it's the easy I've found, and it does work.... and please, watch your language!

https://archlinuxarm.org/forum/viewtopi ... 119#p18160

Regards,

rastus
rastus

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Previous

Return to Feature request