Turn off

Suggestions/requests/ideas for RuneAudio core features and functions

Turn off

Postby tobyl » 28 Mar 2015, 21:10

I use Runeaudio on my Raspberry Pi (2) - What I would like is for the option to set power off at either a specified time (eg at midnight when I have usually staggered to bed forgetting to turn stuff off) or at a predetermined period after playback has stopped, say 1 hr since the last track ended.

tobyl
tobyl

Re: Turn off

Postby krotin » 30 Mar 2015, 20:03

Hi there would it be alright to do it through ssh ?

sudo shutdown -t [ time in seconds until it sends signal to power off / reboot ] -h
or
sudo shutdown -h 22:43
this way you should put the time you want it to execute the command in a 24hour format
krotin

Postby dwijtsma » 31 Mar 2015, 14:01

Why turn off your pi2? Power consumption is very low. Better make sure your power amplifier turns on/off automatically. I just finished a project which does just that. Works like a charm.

You can find the project on this forum. Still need to add the some pictures of it and update the schematics since I made some adjustments to it.
Audio gear: RuneAudio on Raspberry Pi 2 + Dr. DAC nano, Marantz pm66se, Avalon Avatar
dwijtsma

Postby EvilOverlord » 04 Apr 2015, 01:19

I'd like a similar feature, but an alternative could be to stop playback at a certain time. That way I can fall asleep to music, but not have it playing all night, or not have to work about bringing my phone along to stop the music from bed.
EvilOverlord

Postby tobyl » 06 Apr 2015, 19:04

Hi Krotin,
Good thinking, those with the skills could also put such a command via cron or similar, but my idea was something easily accessible to all via the settings page.

dwijtsma, this sounds like a great idea to turn off the power amp, I will look for your project. Regarding the Pi 2, yes, power consumption is low, but I am conscious of all the devices I have on standby using up unnecessary power. I am not sure whether the longevity of my PI would be increased or decreased by power cycling each day, with an uptime say of 4hrs per day?

tobyl
tobyl

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Feature request