Tracks missed if diacritic character in trackname

Please report any bug found here

Tracks missed if diacritic character in trackname

Postby aleg » 01 Mar 2014, 11:35

Hi

I noticed this morning that mpd-library scan misses some tracks if they contain a diacritic character like " ì ".
After replacing the character with an ordinary " i " (in both filename and ID3 track title) the track is found by mpd.

I would expect to be able to change the charset at Library-settings, but only ISO 8859-1 is allowed (and that should contain the " ì " so it is not clear why the track is skipped).

Cheers

Aleg
aleg

Re: Tracks missed if diacritic character in trackname

Postby ACX » 01 Mar 2014, 12:43

Which platform and which mount protocol are you using? I ask you this because we know that UTF-8 support for SMB/CIFS is missing on the 0.2-beta for BeagleBone Black. We'll recompile the kernel for the next release including that support, as it was not included by default.

EDIT: I've just remembered that you posted your debug report here, and it confirms what I was saying. If your NAS lets you to do that, use NFS protocol instead, it sould also perform better.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby aleg » 01 Mar 2014, 14:54

ACX wrote:Which platform and which mount protocol are you using? I ask you this because we know that UTF-8 support for SMB/CIFS is missing on the 0.2-beta for BeagleBone Black. We'll recompile the kernel for the next release including that support, as it was not included by default.

EDIT: I've just remembered that you posted your debug report here, and it confirms what I was saying. If your NAS lets you to do that, use NFS protocol instead, it sould also perform better.

ACX

Thank you for confirming this.

I can indeed also use an NFS connection to the so I will change over to that protocol. As you say between 2 Linux/Unix computers NFS is better anyway.

Cheers

Aleg
aleg

Postby aleg » 01 Mar 2014, 15:56

ACX

I have trouble getting NFS shares mounted.

What is the format for specifying an NFS share in RuneUI?

My shares (as shown from "showmount -e" command) are exported as:

Code: Select all
/avmedia/jazz          (everyone)

I have tried all kinds of formatting rules I know of but none are accepted.

I would expect to have to create the regular mount command: <ip-addres>:/<remote-directory>
<ip-addres> = 192.168.xxx.xxx (IP-address of my NAS)
<remote-directory> = avmedia/jazz
RuneUI adds the ":/"-part in between machine and <exported-path>?

Is this correct?

Edit:
in the debug information it says: "mount.nfs: an incorrect mount option was specified"
I used the default mount options: "cache=strict,ro"

Edit2: Solved it, the remote directory needs to end with a slash, so you need to fill it like this:
<remote-directory> = avmedia/jazz/
Also need to remove share and create new one. Not update an SMB/CIFS-share into an NFS-share.

An inconvenient difference from the smb/cifs notation.

Cheers

Aleg
aleg

Postby ACX » 02 Mar 2014, 15:52

aleg wrote:Edit2: Solved it, the remote directory needs to end with a slash, so you need to fill it like this:
<remote-directory> = avmedia/jazz/
Also need to remove share and create new one. Not update an SMB/CIFS-share into an NFS-share.

An inconvenient difference from the smb/cifs notation.

Yep. Thanks to have reported it here for everyone else facing the same problem.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby roxsman » 17 Jul 2015, 20:55

I know I'm digging up an old post but I'm running into this exact issue.. I was wondering if this is still "supposed" to happen?
All tracks/folders that contain diacritic characters aren't found..
Runeaudio is making an NFS connection to a Windows server (with an NFS share)..
roxsman

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Bug report