The Raspberry Pi 3

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: The Raspberry Pi 3

Postby Bravia » 16 Mar 2016, 16:51

hondagx35 wrote:Hi Bravia,

It seems like it go to stand by but is not able to wake up from that status, (maybe it is crashed but I'm not sure).

Mine is running since 48h now without any problems (only wifi connection).
- browser?
- OS?
- connected via http://runeaudio or ip address?

Frank

Browser --> Safari on iPhone and iPad
OS --> iOS 9.2
Connected using //runeaudio.local

But I noted inside my router TpLink that there are two different IP address and MAC address with Runeaudio, is it normal?
Moreover I also choose the PI-DAC audio profile if it matter something
Bravia

Postby Bravia » 16 Mar 2016, 17:25

One other thing could help, when it stopped working the green Led on the PI3 stop blinking, so there is only the red one working
Bravia

Postby hondagx35 » 16 Mar 2016, 18:33

Hi Bravia,

But I noted inside my router TpLink that there are two different IP address and MAC address with Runeaudio, is it normal?

The second mac and ip is from your ethernet connection you had previously, should disappear after some time.

Please also try the ip address.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby mhellemans » 16 Mar 2016, 19:37

Hi Frank,

Thanks for this version, got it running immediately ( RPI3 + IQaudiO Pi-DAC+ ) and playing Spotify and local files without any problems.

I only encountered an issue when I tried to extend the SD card partition. "fdisk: error while loading shared libraries: libfdisk.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ( only capable of using 2 out of 64 GB )

Rgds,

Mike
mhellemans

Postby Bravia » 16 Mar 2016, 21:01

hondagx35 wrote:Hi Bravia,

The second mac and ip is from your ethernet connection you had previously, should disappear after some time.

Please also try the ip address.

Frank

Tried also with IP address but no sign of life... I'll try to flash again the Sd card.

Could be possible my raspberry is defective?
Bravia

Postby hondagx35 » 16 Mar 2016, 22:30

Hi mike,

I only encountered an issue when I tried to extend the SD card partition. "fdisk: error while loading shared libraries: libfdisk.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

see here

Frank
hondagx35

Postby mhellemans » 16 Mar 2016, 23:33

Hi Frank,

Thanks a lot, apparently I wasn't looking in the right place. Solution worked like a charm.

Rgds,
mhellemans

Postby mrbob » 16 Mar 2016, 23:38

Hi,
I'm new to runeaudio and raspberry pi, but just picked up the RP3 and the pi-dac+. I must say I'm impressed - thanks for the work you've put into making this happen.
I'm having a similar problem to Bravia - I can really only have it on wifi, but after several minutes I'm unable to connect via the browser on either the ip or the server name. Music continues to play just fine so it's clearly running. According to the router it is still connected on its ip. Ftp and ssh both time out.
What's interesting is that the browser now reports that http://www.192.168.1.166 isn't available - like it's tried to redirect outside all of a sudden. Plugging the Ethernet back in and 192.168.1.168 - the Ethernet address - is working fine.

Regards
Rob
mrbob

Postby johnbanks » 17 Mar 2016, 00:38

Frank ...
It does seem there are some wireless problems with the brand new Rpi3.
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=138312
It could be the 'old enemy' wireless power management - an issue for some of us with RPi2 and earlier.
And it is an important issue given the purpose of RuneAudio (and Kodi/OpenElec, etc) is reliable streaming.
Were I now using my RPi3 for RuneAudio then I'd also add an inexpensive USB wireless dongle and use publicised power management work-arounds at least until the dust settles.
Just my thoughts
johnbanks

Postby johnbanks » 17 Mar 2016, 00:55

Frank ...
A few days ago you "chastised" me for forgetting to disable dhcpcd (might have been the cause of my Rpi2 problems).
Is it possible that some of the problems in this RPi3 thread are due to dhcpcd?
Just trying to be helpful
johnbanks

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi