The Raspberry Pi 3

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: The Raspberry Pi 3

Postby Dohmar » 15 Mar 2016, 07:53

hondagx35 wrote:Hi all,

the image is ready.

Hi Frank
Thanks for the hard work - am downloading image now and will test it this evening
Thanks!
D
Dohmar

Postby ingohz » 15 Mar 2016, 09:09

hondagx35 wrote:Hi all,

What does not work?
- Bluetooth module (drivers get loaded but i was not able to use them yet)

Frank

Hi Frank,
thanks for the great job. Just a hint for the RP3 with HifiBerrys: For Digi+ or DAC-Pro bluetooth should be disabled at the moment according to this article: https://support.hifiberry.com/hc/en-us/ ... -bluetooth.
Ingo
  • HiFi 1: Alix/voyage-mpd, MusicalFidelity M1 DAC (RP2/HifiBerry Digi+), Accuphase DP-67, Accuphase E-212, Infinity Kappa 8.2i
  • HiFi 2: RP2/7" Touchscreen/IQaudIO Pi-DAC+, Philips Fidelio X1
ingohz

Postby fboe » 15 Mar 2016, 17:14

Great job Frank
I just got it up and running on rpi3 with hifiberry digi+ and it works perfectly.
After installing I used this one in ssh mode:

Code: Select all
mount -o remount,rw /flash

Code: Select all
curl http://www.horus.com/~hias/tmp/openelec-wolfson/fixes/6.0.3/bcm2710-rpi-3-b.dtb -o /flash/bcm2710-rpi-3-b.dtb
fboe

Postby lukeap69 » 15 Mar 2016, 17:34

Hi Frank

Confirmed working with Pi 3. You can add Audio-gd DAC-19 for your list of compatible DAC. I will test my other DACs later.
I connected my Pi 3 via LAN cable first so I can setup the (built in) Wifi. Now, it is connected via wifi.

Thanks
lukeap69

Postby hondagx35 » 15 Mar 2016, 18:43

Hi

thank you for the feedback.

To not confuse others, this is only needed when installing a Hifiberry Digi+ or DAC-Pro.
I'll take a look at the fix and if it has no drawbacks integrate it in the image.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby MSH » 15 Mar 2016, 19:08

As already stated by others it's also working great on my Pi-3. The fact that WiFi is now on a seperate internal bus makes it even better when playing via a USB-DAC (mine is a Audio-Gd NFB 11.32).

And as ever: boottime of Arch is great !! :-)

Thank you, Frank.
MSH

Postby PeteB » 15 Mar 2016, 19:45

Question about the built-in WiFi:

Given some of the issues I have had using cheap WiFi dongles (ok, not just cheap, but cheapest I could find :D), I am a bit apprehensive about the WiFi on the Pi 3. Doing a little reading on the web, I have come across things like this:

From a review:
...We also ran into one problem with the onboard Wi-Fi that only occurred whilst running the new board in headless mode. This ended up being caused by a power-saving mode on the connectivity chip. Effectively the board became unresponsive in headless mode if it was connected to the network only via Wi-Fi.

From Broadcom management:
“We’ll be shipping a patch at some point to give people the option to disable the power saving.” — Eben Upton

So, has anyone had a chance to see if the onboard WiFi drops out after some indeterminate period of time?
PeteB

Postby Discovery » 15 Mar 2016, 20:26

Hi Frank,

I'm up and running on Ethernet (I turned off the wifi and HDMI). I haven't performed back-to-back testing with the RPi 2 yet but first impressions are of an improvement in the sound. I'll confirm when I've done more testing.

The only issue found so far is that I cannot get a connection to my Synology NAS. I've used exactly the same parameters as my RPI2. I'm currently running from a USB stick. Has anyone else connected to a remote NAS?

Thanks for your efforts Frank.

Regards,

Trevor
Discovery

Postby MSH » 15 Mar 2016, 20:45

@Trevor and @PeteB:

I'm using CIFS-shares from another Linux-system (Mini-PC running KODIbuntu) without any problem. Same parameters as with my Pi-B. Also using WiFi for some time (today using RA but for 2 weeks I used modified MoodeAudio) and I experienced one or two short dropouts, I think. That may have been caused by a short drop of the Ethernet connection, but I don't know for sure. I listened for an hour now to RA and did not experience dropouts until now.

Regards, Menno.
MSH

Postby Discovery » 15 Mar 2016, 20:52

Thanks MSH.

As nothing else worked, I just deleted my original mount definition and re-entered it, using all the same parameters. It worked. I'm confused but happy...!
Discovery

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi