The Raspberry Pi 3

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: The Raspberry Pi 3

Postby ingohz » 02 Apr 2016, 09:28

rocklander wrote:I wanted an identical setup on 2 raspberry pi.. including the setlists .. but can't seen to find where they're stored... I saved a test setlist with a unique name, but even linux 'find' produced no results.. is it kept in some kinda database? be great if I could export/copy the setlists out...

Playlists are stored in /var/lib/mpd/playlists and have the extension m3u. They can be xchanged between setups with identical configured sources (network mounts). Just an idea - central playlists would be a nice feature...

Ingo
  • HiFi 1: Alix/voyage-mpd, MusicalFidelity M1 DAC (RP2/HifiBerry Digi+), Accuphase DP-67, Accuphase E-212, Infinity Kappa 8.2i
  • HiFi 2: RP2/7" Touchscreen/IQaudIO Pi-DAC+, Philips Fidelio X1
ingohz

Postby rocklander » 02 Apr 2016, 09:44

thank you !! :-)
rocklander

Postby hondagx35 » 02 Apr 2016, 10:48

Hi all,

Playlists are stored in /var/lib/mpd/playlists and have the extension m3u. They can be xchanged between setups with identical configured sources (network mounts).

This is the reason, why it is not configurable yet.
The path also has to be writable by user mpd!

For all users who know what they are doing:
- mount your share with rw (read / write)
This can be done with advanced mount options. (cache=none,noserverino,rw)
- set the new playlist path on console
Code: Select all
redis-cli hset mpdconf playlist_directory /mnt/MPD/NAS/Musik/

- reboot (or change some other setting in MENU->MPD)

Frank
hondagx35

Postby osanto » 05 Apr 2016, 14:22

Hi,

I got yesterday my Pi 3 with Digi+, followed the setup instructions and everything went right.

Because it´s my first Pi, tell me something, when I shut down the RuneAudio, the Pi3 stills on? how do I turn RuneAudio on? Do I have to unplug/plug the Pi power cable? That can be a “problem” to me because the location of the Pi and the power supply is not the best one, until now is the only thing that I can talk about. To this problem one off the solution is to use a power bank, don´t know if it´s pratical.

Another technical issue, what is the best connector to Digi+, RCA or Optical? My Digi+ is the standard one.

Regarding RuneAudio Project, congrats to everyone who participate in this project, I made a contribution today, and I have to say it was the first time that I have done something like that.

Keep up with the excellent work.
osanto

Postby PeteB » 05 Apr 2016, 17:12

osanto wrote:...Do I have to unplug/plug the Pi power cable? That can be a “problem” to me because the location of the Pi and the power supply is not the best one...

You can buy a micro USB power cable with an inline switch. That is what I use to turn mine on and off.

When you shut down RuneAudio, the Pi OS is shut down also, but the Pi hardware continues to use a small amount of power, about 6~8 mA on the Pi2B (tested).

Another technical issue, what is the best connector to Digi+, RCA or Optical? My Digi+ is the standard one.

"best" just depends on what it is connected to, on the amount of noise on your grounds, etc. Optical is best for ground isolation. RCA/coax is best for signal integrity at the highest clock rates.[/quote]I use the coax digital cable for connection to my DAC, but if I could, I would use the optical connection for my video/audio receiver.
PeteB

Postby osanto » 05 Apr 2016, 17:36

PeteB wrote:
osanto wrote:You can buy a micro USB power cable with an inline switch. That is what I use to turn mine on and off.

If i knew that before i wouldn´t had bought the official Pi3 power supply. I would had bought a power supply with a separate usb cable. I´m going to search for an adaptor. Thanks
osanto

Postby PeteB » 05 Apr 2016, 18:16

Don't make the cable too long. The voltage drop increases in direct relationship with the length of the cable. If you do buy an extension cable or a detachable cable, read the fine print, and get the kind with heavier wires (thicker wire == lower wire gauge). Look for USB cables that specify the wire gauge, or the "awg". A typical "good" cable will advertise 18, 20, or 22 awg power conductors.

It only barely increases the cost, maybe by about 50 cents per cable.... example:
http://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerLine-Micro-USB-3ft/dp/B012VWH6PQ?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_4&smid=A294P4X9EWVXLJ
PeteB

Postby osanto » 05 Apr 2016, 18:28

PeteB wrote:Don't make the cable too long. The voltage drop increases in direct relationship with the length of the cable. If you do buy an extension cable or a detachable cable, read the fine print, and get the kind with heavier wires (thicker wire == lower wire gauge). Look for USB cables that specify the wire gauge, or the "awg". A typical "good" cable will advertise 18, 20, or 22 awg power conductors.

It only barely increases the cost, maybe by about 50 cents per cable.... example:
http://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerLine-Micro-USB-3ft/dp/B012VWH6PQ?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_4&smid=A294P4X9EWVXLJ

Thanks for the advice, I think it would be better a one piece cable with the switch, instead using adaptors.
I will think about power banks as well.
osanto

Postby PeteB » 05 Apr 2016, 18:40

osanto wrote:...I think it would be better a one piece cable with the switch, instead using adaptors.
Yes, definitely. Sold on amazon.com as complete micro USB or extension. Also sold in ebay for less.

http://www.amazon.com/JBtek-Raspberry-Micro-Cable-Switch/dp/B00JU24Z3W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1459878552&sr=8-2&keywords=cable+usb+switch
PeteB

Postby rocklander » 05 Apr 2016, 21:34

I tested my PI3 with my band setup last night. found it extremely noisy (unusable really) which was a disappointment. I need to track down what's causing it.
I have a soundcraft UI mixing desk that has USB ports so was using these to power the PI (runs fine) but suspect either:
noisy cables
and/or
noisy USB supply
and/or
I need a DAC?

is noise via the 3.5mm audio jack expected? I did a quick search last night and saw people were experiencing that on earlier model PI, but seem to think I saw some folks say that from the PI2 onwards that was improved sufficiently?
rocklander

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi