The New 4-core Raspberry Pi

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: The New 4-core Raspberry Pi

Postby emilot » 21 Feb 2015, 22:21

Oh.... :?

Is there any chances to fix the dsd playback issue? I can see the clock ticking in UI, but no sound at all.
emilot

Postby dwijtsma » 21 Feb 2015, 22:50

There is a work a sort of workaround for it. Open the empty library screen. Open a second browser tab. Go to the playback screen. On the first browser tab the library screen is filled and working.

It's magical... :mrgreen:
Audio gear: RuneAudio on Raspberry Pi 2 + Dr. DAC nano, Marantz pm66se, Avalon Avatar
dwijtsma

Postby hondagx35 » 21 Feb 2015, 23:04

Hi emilot,

Oh.... :?

Is there any chances to fix the dsd playback issue? I can see the clock ticking in UI, but no sound at all.

DSD on this image works, but it depends on the DAC you are using.

Example:
hifiberry DAC+ with DSD support disabled in mpd.conf, so it's played as DSD over PCM.
dsd-hifiberry.jpg
dsd-hifiberry.jpg (106.44 KiB) Viewed 2604 times

It works, but heavy load on the cpu.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby emilot » 22 Feb 2015, 00:11

Thanx again for your quick support. Very helpful...!!!!
emilot

Postby wfverkerk » 22 Feb 2015, 10:34

I'm experiencing extremely heavy static when playing back MP3s. Funnily enough, it also impacts the radio stations that (I presume) use MP3s for their music. FLAC & ALAC play without issues.

PI2 <USB> Rotel RA-1570
wfverkerk

Postby hondagx35 » 22 Feb 2015, 11:42

Hi all,

I'm experiencing extremely heavy static when playing back MP3s

Someone else with sound problems on Raspberry Pi 2?
hondagx35

Postby emilot » 22 Feb 2015, 15:41

No problem here with MP3...

But I power my Pi2 through my DAC with an 6V 2A adaptor. I have read that the new Rasp is very demanding in power.
emilot

Postby Tom » 22 Feb 2015, 16:13

Hi,
This is my first post on this Forum, so I want to thank RuneAudio authors for their astonishing product and hondagx35 for its RPi2 build and some improvements.

RuneAudio 0.3 beta is working very good and IMO better on RPi2 then older RPi (no performance issues).

I am using RPi B+ and RPi2 B connected to Burson Conductor DAC by USB input. USB module in DAC is based on CM6631A.

Both RPi with RuneAudio 0.3-beta (regular for RPi B+ (with all updates from git) and prepared by hondagx35 for Rpi2 B) had problems playing MP3 (just static sound, no music) and Hi Resolution wav files (a lot of crackles and pops), but no regular problems with 44 kHz, 16 bit FLAC files.

The fixes was
For RPI B+: old kernel (from 0.2 beta as far as I remember) and 3 additional settings in /boot/cmdline_rune.txt:
dwc_otg.fiq_enable=1 dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_enable=1 dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=0x3

For RPi2 B: just 3 additional settings in /boot/cmdline.txt:
dwc_otg.fiq_enable=1 dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_enable=1 dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=0x3
I isolated cpu 3 for mpd (using hondagx35 instructions) at the very beginning so i do not know its impact on system.

I hope it may help someone.

Best regards
Tom
Tom

Postby unameme » 22 Feb 2015, 17:40

Hi Frank,
hondagx35 wrote:Hi unameme,

your wifi dongle needs the rtl8188 driver.
This driver is not installed by default on runeaudio.

You can do this by executing:
Code: Select all
 pacman -S dkms-8188eu

It would be best to install a fresh copy of the actual image, because you already changed some things.

frank

That helped! For now, the connection is very stable(not many hours of testing yet), and transfer rates are very good, over 1Mb/s

hondagx35 wrote:Hi all,

I'm experiencing extremely heavy static when playing back MP3s

Someone else with sound problems on Raspberry Pi 2?

No problems, I'm using IQaudio DAC+, quality is superb, no other sounds, noises or crackle.

I have a standard 2,5" 160GB disc connected to the usb - single usb cable - works! :D
Tested radios from dirble, SMB server, and the hdd, mp3s, flacs no problem at all :)

Now what's wrong:
- my SD card is 8GB and df -h shows 2GB
- i cannot add radio stream, tried many formats, pls, m3u, asx, just ip+port nr. no luck or I don't know how to do it
- no airplay/dlna, I turned it on in UI, but I cannot stream music from my phone using nokia play to(it works on volumio) and my computer using foobar2000(with UPnP media renderer output - this worked with android phone &bubble UPnP, I could play music directly from foobar to phone). In foobar and Nokia play to RuneAudio is not visible at all as an output.
unameme

Postby emilot » 22 Feb 2015, 18:28

With this plug in(http://emilles.dyndns.org/software/out_apx.html) I have the airplay feature through Foobar...and everything is okay.

With the plug in unameme mentioned and with the software "Stream What You Hear (SWYH)", i cannot find anything, too.
emilot

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi