The New 4-core Raspberry Pi

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: The New 4-core Raspberry Pi

Postby mark » 22 Feb 2015, 20:44

Hi all, new member here. Have installed your second RuneAudio 0.4 ' beta' on my new RPi2, connecting to a Synology NAS via wifi and using a iFi Micro DSD DAC (over USB). Works like a charm! Easy to install, easy to operate, a delight listen.

I own quite a lot of DSD music files (.dsf). My DAC can play bit-perfect DSD over PCM (DoP). Your remark about DSD playback confuses me. In order for RuneAudio to send DoP - bitperfect DSD - to my DAC, do I disable or enable DSD playback in the MPD menu? Your earlier posts suggest that enabling DSD playback would do on-the-fly conversion. So disabling would send DoP?

UPDATE: it seems I found the answer myself. Judging from the CPU load, it seems that enabling DSD in the MPC-menu does bit-perfect DoP, because there is hardly any CPU load at all. Disabling DSD increases CPU load significantly, suggesting on-the-fly conversion.
mark

Postby beershaun » 23 Feb 2015, 07:28

Hi. Thanks for your work to get this up and running with the newest Pi!

I'm new to Pi and Rune Audio so forgive any dumb questions. Picked up the latest build 20150221.

1) Cannot get wifi connected. Dongle is working As it can see my network. When I select it I get the following:
Network SSID: Shauns%20Domain
Encryption: unknown

Then when I refresh the network tab I get:
WLANO no IP assigned.

My wifi requires a password and It doesn't ever request one or have a place to enter one. can you give me some feedback on where/how I specify the wifi password?

2)NAS access. Can someone point me to the correct documentation for specifying the correct path for my Mac (OSX Yosemite) Media drive in sources? I have the correct IP address and the correct volume path: Volumes/Media Storage Drive/media files/Music.

I get the error Unable to find suitable address.
Raspberry Pi 2, Hifiberry DAC+, Analog out to my Onkyo TXDS-787, Polk RTi100.
beershaun

Postby dwijtsma » 23 Feb 2015, 08:23

Hello beershaun. In the past spaces were not allowed in the SSID. Try to remove the space with an underscore for example.
Audio gear: RuneAudio on Raspberry Pi 2 + Dr. DAC nano, Marantz pm66se, Avalon Avatar
dwijtsma

Postby ACX » 23 Feb 2015, 12:10

dwijtsma wrote:Hello beershaun. In the past spaces were not allowed in the SSID. Try to remove the space with an underscore for example.

Right. We are close to solve this problem, for the final 0.4 version.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby simoncn » 23 Feb 2015, 18:11

I have installed the "beta". When I enable UPnP, the setting is accepted but the UPnP renderer doesn't become visible to control points. Is this a known limitation of the "beta"?
simoncn

Postby hondagx35 » 23 Feb 2015, 18:30

Hi simoncn,

I have installed the "beta". When I enable UPnP, the setting is accepted but the UPnP renderer doesn't become visible to control points. Is this a known limitation of the "beta"?

I'll check this as soon as possible.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby beershaun » 24 Feb 2015, 05:34

Thanks for the info! Will try that and report back...

Reporting back:
That worked! Thanks.

Now on to whatever it is I'm doing wrong accessing my shared drive on my Mac Pro...
beershaun

Postby beershaun » 24 Feb 2015, 07:18

hondagx35 wrote:Hi all,

here you can download the image for the Raspberry Pi 2.

This is not an official image!

Please keep in mind:
- The image is based on the latest nightly build.
- Some features like Spotify are not tested yet.
- Switching / selecting I2S audio cards does not work via UI (see below)
- User=root and PWD=root (edit: now rune as usual)
- Kernel is 3.18.7-3-ARCH and not switchable.
- developer mode is activated
- hifiberry-digi is enabled (edit: now all disabled)

With the new kernel version a new way to load device drivers has been introduced to the Raspberry Pi environment. It is called device tree overlay.

To select a I2S module you have to edit /boot/config.txt
Code: Select all
# Uncomment one of these lines to enable an audio interface
#device_tree_overlay=hifiberry-dac
#device_tree_overlay=hifiberry-dacplus
#device_tree_overlay=hifiberry-digi
#device_tree_overlay=hifiberry-amp
#device_tree_overlay=iqaudio-dac
#device_tree_overlay=iqaudio-dacplus

Frank

Thanks so much for this info!

I now have my raspberry Pi 2 up and running with my hifiberry Dac+ playing Miles Davis in 24/192 from a USB stick!

Soo good!
beershaun

Postby exitoff » 27 Feb 2015, 04:49

Lurker and supporter here... Used the latest version posted by Frank. Got wifi working and my HiFiMeDIY Sabre DAC. Couldn't get Spotify working. Once you switch to the spotify audio renderer, it just spins and sits there. Hope to get this working, otherwise great work!
exitoff

Postby beershaun » 27 Feb 2015, 05:32

Hi,

I'm trying to mount my shared drive with my music from my Mac Pro.

Here is the address information I am using:
IP: 192.168.1.3

Remote Directory: Volumes/ Storage Drive/media files/Music

Error returned in Debug window:
[ 49.976480] Status code returned 0xc000006d NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE
[ 49.976523] CIFS VFS: Send error in SessSetup = -13
[ 49.976961] CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -13

I have guest access as well as my account access turned on for the share in my Mac. Same result whether using my login/password or switching to guest.

Here is the error returned in the error box on the Runeaudio NAS mounts page by my macpro. I have file sharing on for this directory using SMB (Samba). Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?

Usage: mount [-lhV] mount -a [options] mount [options] [--source] | [--target] mount [options] mount [] Options: -a, --all mount all filesystems mentioned in fstab -c, --no-canonicalize don't canonicalize paths -f, --fake dry run; skip the mount(2) syscall -F, --fork fork off for each device (use with -a) -T, --fstab alternative file to /etc/fstab -h, --help display this help text and exit -i, --internal-only don't call the mount. helpers -l, --show-labels lists all mounts with LABELs -n, --no-mtab don't write to /etc/mtab -o, --options comma-separated list of mount options -O, --test-opts limit the set of filesystems (use with -a) -r, --read-only mount the filesystem read-only (same as -o ro) -t, --types limit the set of filesystem types --source explicitly specifies source (path, label, uuid) --target explicitly specifies mountpoint -v, --verbose say what is being done -V, --version display version information and exit -w, --rw, --read-write mount the filesystem read-write (default) -h, --help display this help and exit -V, --version output version information and exit Source: -L, --label synonym for LABEL= -U, --uuid synonym for UUID= LABEL= specifies device by filesystem label UUID= specifies device by filesystem UUID PARTLABEL= specifies device by partition label PARTUUID= specifies device by partition UUID specifies device by path mountpoint for bind mounts (see --bind/rbind) regular file for loopdev setup Operations: -B, --bind mount a subtree somewhere else (same as -o bind) -M, --move move a subtree to some other place -R, --rbind mount a subtree and all submounts somewhere else --make-shared mark a subtree as shared --make-slave mark a subtree as slave --make-private mark a subtree as private --make-unbindable mark a subtree as unbindable --make-rshared recursively mark a whole subtree as shared --make-rslave recursively mark a whole subtree as slave --make-rprivate recursively mark a whole subtree as private --make-runbindable recursively mark a whole subtree as unbindable For more details see mount(8).
beershaun

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi