synology NAS

Raspberry Pi related support

synology NAS

Postby runeaudio29 » 11 Sep 2014, 12:47

Hi all, rune audio has been great compared to volumio, and I've only managed to break it twice.
question i have is once I have added my NFS mount from my NAS as /volume1/music it only shows a certain number of folders containing my flac albums on that page, i.e upto beginning with 'p' , I am unable to scroll down any further....but i can enter the name of the album in the search field i.e the doors (after 'p') and it finds it ok.
i have rebuilt, checked permissions etc, is .3 alpha limited to the number of folders it can show via the browser?
currently rebuilding again as i managed to break it somehow, i.e it reverts back to iPad output when playing from wimp, this was after i disabled the internal analogue outputs as shown in a post. plays fine from has files.
runeaudio29

Re: synology NAS

Postby Midnight » 11 Sep 2014, 13:18

Hi,

first try upgrading your NAS to the latest firmware. From the version 5.0-4493 Update 4 changelog:
Fixed an issue where files with ACL attributes could become inaccessible after being loaded in large batches when DiskStation acts as an NFS server.

In the last few weeks I had all kinds of weird behaviour with my Synology while using NFS, so finally I've switched all shares to Samba.
Midnight

Postby ACX » 11 Sep 2014, 18:52

It could also be the sneaky bug that emerged from the feedbacks during the 0.3-alpha testing (the behaviour seems the same). We have already fixed it, and 0.3-beta will include the patch.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby runeaudio29 » 12 Sep 2014, 05:41

Thanks guys, I'll try the synology update but I'm pretty sure it was ok under volumio, if not I'll look forward to the beta, is that far away?
Cheers
Edit I'm on the latest update 4, hopefully it's the sneaky bug... I'll need to look that one up :)
runeaudio29

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi