Streaming Issues with Spotify

Please report any bug found here

Streaming Issues with Spotify

Postby JohnC » 06 Dec 2016, 20:39

Just wanted to see if anyone can shed light on streaming Spotify music on Runeaudio:

1) I could not seem to able to find the quality of files streamed from Spotify (via Runeaudio), i.e., Normal, High, Extreme? Or Automatic as available in smart device apps?

2) I have some issue on streaming experience based on my setups, NAS (FLAC, AAC and MP3) + Ethernet + RPi3 (onboard WiFi and Bluethooth disabled) + Runeaudio (v0.3-beta) + the following DACs:
a) External USB DAC: Spotify playlists work well as music files from my NAS;
b) HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro (modified to separate power supply to DAC and RPi): No sound while streaming from Spotify; but works well with NAS; and
c) 503HTA hybrid tube preamp with a build-in DAC https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1815752970/hybrid-tube-amp-for-the-raspberry-pi (modified to separate power supply to DAC and RPi): hear loud clicking sounds every 2-3 seconds when streaming from Spotify, but works well with NAS.

I have not seen many issues reported using Spotify here. The above issues could be just my setup. However, I did not do much customization except disabling RPi3's WiFi and Bluetooth. Any insights would be great. Many thanks in advance.

John
JohnC

Re: Streaming Issues with Spotify

Postby JohnC » 29 Dec 2016, 16:34

It wound up the crackling sounds come from my tubes. It just need a lot longer burn-in than usual and warm-up on each use.
JohnC

Re: Streaming Issues with Spotify

Postby danfoster » 16 Mar 2017, 03:10

The safest way is to save the Spotify songs on computer. The Spotify premium allows offline listening, but it is still lack of an option to export the Spotify songs to MP3. Thanks to the Google, solutions are easy to be found: https://drm-wizard.com/best-5-ways-to-convert-spotify-to-mp3.html
danfoster

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Bug report