SSD HD Not seen in Rune

Raspberry Pi related support

SSD HD Not seen in Rune

Postby uselesshippy » 19 Sep 2019, 11:13

I have a bit of a weird problem, I have a 500Gb SSD Hard Drive which I planned to put my music on and connect to the Pi3 that is running Rune, but for some reason it fails to see the drive, doesn't mount it or anything.

If I use the same cables and connect a 240Gb it works fine.

The 500Gb drive works fine connected to a PC, and is formatted the same as the 240Gb Drive.

Any suggestions?

Running RuneAudio_rpi2_rp3_0.4-beta_20160321_2GB.img on a Pi3.
Disk is formatted as NTFS
uselesshippy

Re: SSD HD Not seen in Rune

Postby janui » 20 Sep 2019, 07:25

Hi uselesshippy,
uselesshippy wrote:…I have a bit of a weird problem, I have a 500Gb SSD Hard Drive which I planned to put my music on and connect to the Pi3 that is running Rune, but for some reason it fails to see the drive, doesn't mount it or anything…
You seem to have tried most of solutions. The only thing that I can think of is that the RuneAudio version you are using is quite old and the a 500Gb SSD may not be supported. Upgrading the USB, filesystem and mount software is tricky, I would not advise trying it. You could try upgrading the package linux-firmware, this is reasonably safe and it may just have what you need. Log in via SSH and run this:
Code: Select all
pacman -Sy linux-firmware
Moving to RuneAudio 0.5b would probably be a better route to solve it.
janui
janui

Re: SSD HD Not seen in Rune

Postby uselesshippy » 20 Sep 2019, 09:43

Hi Janui,
Thanks for the info, I'll try the upgrade first.
The main download page still has the old version I didn't realise that a later one had been made, I'll try that next, thanks.
uselesshippy

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi