Spotify Connect on RuneAudio

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: Spotify Connect on RuneAudio

Postby marksmanaz » 03 Aug 2018, 03:20

I have rpi3 with .04 image with a hifiberry dac+ pro. This is what I get, any help would be appreciated.

Code: Select all
[/root/spotify-connect-web.sh --name RuneAudio --device 0 --mixer Digital --username xxx --password xxx --bitrate 320
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "main.py", line 9, in <module>
    from connect import Connect
  File "/usr/src/app/connect.py", line 8, in <module>
    from console_callbacks import audio_arg_parser, mixer, error_callback, connection_callbacks, debug_callbacks, playback_callbacks, playback_setup
  File "/usr/src/app/console_callbacks.py", line 28, in <module>
    mixer = alsa.Mixer(args.mixer)
alsaaudio.ALSAAudioError: Unable to find mixer control Digital,0 [default]
marksmanaz

Postby marksmanaz » 03 Aug 2018, 04:09

OK I am using an analogue DAC hifiberry with two rca jacks for left right. I tried setting the device to 1 and the mixer to analogue but it wont go. If I use device 0 and mixer PCM it starts. Not sure what I need to do to get it to use the DAC in analogue working
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (35.87 KiB) Viewed 3572 times
marksmanaz

Postby rando_geekn » 18 Aug 2018, 23:44

RuneAudio --playback_device 'sysdefault:CARD=IQaudIODAC' --mixer_device_index 1 --mixer Analogue

Thanks, That last bit helped, took me a while to figure that my DAC was device 1 and the sysdefault parameter was absolutely necessary.
rando_geekn

Postby tml3nr » 19 Aug 2018, 10:22

rando_geekn wrote:RuneAudio --playback_device 'sysdefault:CARD=IQaudIODAC' --mixer_device_index 1 --mixer Analogue

Thanks, That last bit helped, took me a while to figure that my DAC was device 1 and the sysdefault parameter was absolutely necessary.

Have fun bro!
tml3nr

Postby tml3nr » 26 Oct 2018, 13:52

Setup Spotify Connect on Hifiberry Digi+ & Allo DigiOne:

Many thanks to domars@volumio & triton@vnav about this tip.

Step 1. Edit file connect.py:

nano /root/spotify-connect-web-chroot/usr/src/app/connect.py

Find and replace:

mixer_volume = int(mixer.getvolume()[0] * 655.35)

to:

mixer_volume = 1 #int(mixer.getvolume()[0] * 655.35)

Step 2. Edit file console_callbacks.py:

nano /root/spotify-connect-web-chroot/usr/src/app/console_callbacks.py

Find and replace:

#1:

playback_device_group.add_argument('--device', '-D', help='alsa output device (deprecated, use --playback_device)', default='default')

to:

playback_device_group.add_argument('--device', '-D', help='alsa output device (deprecated, use --playback_device)', default='0')

#2:

playback_device_group.add_argument('--playback_device', '-o', help='alsa output device (get name from aplay -L)', default='default')

Hifiberry Digi+:

playback_device_group.add_argument('--playback_device', '-o', help='alsa output device (get name from aplay -L)', default='snd_rpi_hifiberry_digi')

Allo DigiOne:

playback_device_group.add_argument('--playback_device', '-o', help='alsa output device (get name from aplay -L)', default='sndallodigione')

#3:

if self._args.playback_device != 'default':

Hifiberry Digi+:

if self._args.playback_device != 'snd_rpi_hifiberry_digi':

DigiOne:

if self._args.playback_device != 'sndallodigione':

#4:

corected_playback_volume = int(min_volume_range + ((volume / 655.35) * (100 - min_volume_range) / 100))

to:

corected_playback_volume = 1 #int(min_volume_range + ((volume / 655.35) * (100 - min_volume_range) / 100))

Step 3. Create service:

nano /usr/lib/systemd/system/spotify-connect.service

[Unit]
Description=Spotify Connect
After=network.target

[Service]
ExecStart=/usr/bin/sh /root/spotify-connect-web.sh --name RuneAudio --username abc --password xyz --bitrate 320
Restart=always
RestartSec=10
StartLimitInterval=30
StartLimitBurst=20

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Step 4. Test the service execute:

systemctl start spotify-connect

Step 5. If everyting OK, enable service (start on boot):

systemctl enable spotify-connect

Done!
tml3nr

Postby dynobot » 13 Apr 2019, 23:34

Tried the spotify web connect with varied success.

In the meantime I ran across Spotifyd, its supposed to use the API from Spotify and works/connects like the original.

No special configurations required like spotify web connect etc. just unzip the file, move it to /usr/bin and create a service and update the conf file.

Seems pretty solid with 4 different Dacs XMOS, Amanero, and with Allo digi one sig. Volume etc works but seems to be picky with Amanero.

And best of all the SQ is exceptional, Raspotify, liberspot etc all seemed a tad dull...just enough to where I knew it was not directly from Spotify but through something. Spotifyd sounds clean and airy not dull at all.

https://github.com/Spotifyd/spotifyd
dynobot

Postby tml3nr » 22 Apr 2019, 14:33

dynobot wrote:Tried the spotify web connect with varied success.

In the meantime I ran across Spotifyd, its supposed to use the API from Spotify and works/connects like the original.

No special configurations required like spotify web connect etc. just unzip the file, move it to /usr/bin and create a service and update the conf file.

Seems pretty solid with 4 different Dacs XMOS, Amanero, and with Allo digi one sig. Volume etc works but seems to be picky with Amanero.

And best of all the SQ is exceptional, Raspotify, liberspot etc all seemed a tad dull...just enough to where I knew it was not directly from Spotify but through something. Spotifyd sounds clean and airy not dull at all.

https://github.com/Spotifyd/spotifyd

Many thanks for your information. Spotifyd works as i expect on my Rune. Spotify volume on app syncs to alsa very well.

SQ is very impressive. Clean and airy.

root@runeaudio(rw):~# systemctl status -l spotifyd
● spotifyd.service - A spotify playing daemon
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/spotifyd.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: active (running) since Mon 2019-04-22 20:19:32 ICT; 2min 3s ago
     Docs: https://github.com/Spotifyd/spotifyd
 Main PID: 4691 (spotifyd)
    Tasks: 3 (limit: 512)
   CGroup: /system.slice/spotifyd.service
           └─4691 /usr/bin/spotifyd --no-daemon

Apr 22 20:19:32 runeaudio systemd[1]: Started A spotify playing daemon.
Apr 22 20:19:32 runeaudio spotifyd[4691]: 20:19:32 [INFO] Using alsa volume controller.
Apr 22 20:19:32 runeaudio spotifyd[4691]: 20:19:32 [WARN] Failed to register IPv6 receiver: Os { code: 97, kind: Other, message: "Address family not supported by protocol" }
Apr 22 20:19:32 runeaudio spotifyd[4691]: 20:19:32 [INFO] Connecting to AP "gae2-accesspoint-a-26lh.ap.spotify.com:443"
Apr 22 20:19:33 runeaudio spotifyd[4691]: 20:19:33 [INFO] Authenticated as "xxxxxxx" !
Apr 22 20:19:33 runeaudio spotifyd[4691]: 20:19:33 [INFO] Using alsa sink
Apr 22 20:19:33 runeaudio spotifyd[4691]: 20:19:33 [INFO] Country: "VN"
tml3nr

Postby Ema_82 » 13 May 2019, 09:22

Hello,
I'm new to RuneAudio and in the last few days I'm unsuccessfully trying to install spotifyd.
I have a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B with a Kuman SC07C Raspberry Pi HIFI DiGi+ Digital Sound Card (that I know it's more ore less equivalent to Hi-Fi Berry Digi+ and it uses the same driver). RuneAudio version is RuneAudio_rpi2_rp3_0.4-beta_
I followed all the instructions on https://github.com/Spotifyd/spotifyd/wi ... spberry-Pi and I uncommented the line dtoverlay=hifiberry-digi on config.txt.
But when I start spotifyd.service and check its status, I get what you read in the picture.

Can someone help me to understand what the problem is?

Thank you
Attachments
spotifyd.jpg
spotifyd.jpg (93.72 KiB) Viewed 2712 times
Ema_82

Postby janui » 13 May 2019, 10:44

Hi Ema_82,
Ema_82 wrote:...But when I start spotifyd.service and check its status, I get what you read in the picture...
Try running spotifyd like this:
spotifyd --help
You should get the help message and call instructions. But you may get an error message, if so please post it.
janui
janui

Postby Ema_82 » 13 May 2019, 20:14

Hello janui, thanks for the answer.

I get the spotifyd command list correctly. No error.
Ema_82

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi