Some files not showing in library

Please report any bug found here

Some files not showing in library

Postby JBomb » 12 Dec 2014, 01:38

Hi. I should provide some background. I have a two terabyte Western Digital my book (usb hard drive). It's formatted to ext4 and I've got just about 300 gigs of flac audio on there.

All the files I had at first showed up and played. That was a massive collection already. I have to say I'm having a blast. Just yesterday I was attempting to add a few new albums and I've had some trouble. The folders show up, but many of them are empty. The strange thing is, if I put them on a small usb device, they show up fine. I've tried partitioning, I've tried removing other folders, unmounting fuller partitions. I can't get these files visible. Some albums show up, some don't, yet the ones that don't will still show up in other OS's like openelec, and will show up in RuneAudio from a smaller storage device like I said.

Are there known storage, partition, or filing system restrictions or guidelines with RuneAudio specifically? Everything seems to be fine with openelec, but I'd prefer to be playing music in RuneAudio even if it takes some work. This is a really cool system. It's pretty close to replacing all my home listening setups.
JBomb

Re: Some files not showing in library

Postby JBomb » 17 Dec 2014, 17:02

Just an update.

A fat32 partition on the drive seems to be holding and displaying all my files. I haven't tried other filing systems as it's a challenge to work with such large volumes. I would need more time to experiment. I can say that moving to fat32 has resolved things and ext4 partitions for whatever reason exhibit the same problem with the same files.

Btw I love what you guys are doing. It's great work. I'm just a user but I love Arch and I had my laptop going on it for some time which taught me so much about what makes an OS. It's fantastic that you've gone from the ground up with this and it performs so well out of the box. For a beta, I will say RuneAudio is already a lot fuller and more user friendly of a system than others at oh 1.5? A good set of drivers, rather than requesting people buy certain components. The full set of settings displayed properly. More than just one usb mount point, instead of a random draw for which partition or device gets accessed. Thanks for doing this right.
JBomb

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Bug report