Shuffle by album

Suggestions/requests/ideas for RuneAudio core features and functions

Shuffle by album

Postby moshel » 27 Jan 2016, 04:57

Would love to see Shuffle by album implemented on Rune. This means that albums will play in random, while playing the songs list in the same order it appears on the album. A bit like a cd changer I guess. It is very helpful in classical and theme albums or just to remind us or our childhood when we could tell what the next song will be :-)
moshel

Re: Shuffle by album

Postby moshel » 09 May 2016, 01:55

I would like to re-iterate this request - it is the only annoying feature in runeaudio but it is really annoying. I like to hear whole albums, but I most definitely don't want to listen in the order they are in the library (I don't think I can stand 10 hours of back in a row). Please, please implement this... can even be shuffled as added to the queue so its really simple i think.
moshel

Postby ACX » 09 May 2016, 11:57

Hi moshel, in the next version there will be a button to shuffle the queue order. Would that help?
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby moshel » 09 May 2016, 22:37

unfortunately no. I have over 300 cds in my library and would like to have the option to still hear whole albums but not in alphabetical order. IMHO this can be done in two ways. one is that the mpd will do it - i think it is unlikely it can be done well or easily. the other is that in addition to "add to queue" there will be "add to queue and shuffle by album" which should be easy enough to accomplish i think. it just needs to add the directories into the queue in random order.

Hope this clears things up. I think that many people would like this option.

Thanks,
Moshe
moshel

Postby moshel » 07 Aug 2016, 08:10

Hi,

Sorry to ask about things all over again, but this feature is a bit subtle to name so hard to look for it.

Would it be possible to have the MPD play random albums instead of random tracks while playing the tracks inside the album in the original order?

Regards,
Moshe
moshel

Postby moshel » 25 Jan 2017, 02:43

Would like to re-re-iterate this feature request as it is probably the only think in rune that really damage my enjoyment.
It is strange that no one else asked for it... I have all the tracks in the albums i heard of vinyl or cd engraved on my cortex and I actually like this feeling.
It would be really nice to listen to the tracks in the order the artist chose to present them.

Sorry to be iterating this....

Thanks for all the great work you do,
Moshe
moshel

Postby hondagx35 » 25 Jan 2017, 18:43

Hi Moshe,

i read your posts multiple times, but it is unclear for me what you like to achieve.

Is it like this:
1 grab a whole album and play it song by song
2 at the end grab a new random album and add it to the queue
3 go to 1

Frank
hondagx35

Postby moshel » 25 Jan 2017, 21:20

Sorry if it wa unclear.
I want to randomly shuffle all my library but still listen, within the random album selected, to the songs by the same order they appear in the album.
So, for example, i select all my drive and play. I get as first album, randomly, schubert last piano sonnets. But it will play all the parts inside the album in the same order.
Hope this is clear and you can see it's merits.

Thanks,
Moshe
moshel

Postby hondagx35 » 25 Jan 2017, 23:55

Hi Moshe,

ok got it.

Let me sleep a view nights over this idea.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby moshel » 26 Jan 2017, 01:33

hanks you, this is greatly appreciated.

From technical POV, I understand the complexities of interacting with mpd. A simple solution would be to create a static playlist from the selected library with the albums randomly shuffled but with songs in the right order. just my 2c.... This makes it non "structural" change.

Best regards,
Moshe
moshel

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Next

Return to Feature request