Setting up a Zero W

Raspberry Pi related support

Setting up a Zero W

Postby poeso » 27 Jul 2019, 15:45

Hi there!

I am having some difficulties in setting up my raspberry pi zero W. I dont have the HAT for a Ethernet conection, and therefore I try to do it everything using the WiFi. Obviusly, my WiFi conection, is WPA2-protected, so I have to configure the WiFi on the raspberry pi zero w.

I have not found anything in the rune audio website that could help me. It just points out how ridiculously easy is to setting up rune audio (...if you use Ethernet...) and if you want to configure it for WiFi, you have to use (guess what...) ...Ethernet!. xD

Any kind help?

Best,
me
poeso

Re: Setting up a Zero W

Postby janui » 27 Jul 2019, 18:23

Hi poeso,
poeso wrote:...I am having some difficulties in setting up my raspberry pi zero W. I don’t have the HAT for a Ethernet conection...
When using version 0.5b, you can set it up via the inbuilt Access Point.
Start up the Pi Zero W, wait 2 minutes, then with another device connect to the Access Point which is broadcasting as "RuneAudioAP", it has a password: RuneAudio (case sensitive).
Then in your browser connect to the player with: http://192.168.5.1
You will get the user interface, set up your wireless network with the Network UI. Reboot and it should come up connected to your Wi-Fi Router. If you made a mistake and it fails to connect the Access Point will automatically restart.
janui
janui

Re: Setting up a Zero W

Postby poeso » 28 Jul 2019, 18:41

Hi janui,

thank you very much for the quick and precise answer. It worked!
Very excited now. Let's see how fast I get stucked again :D
poeso

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi