Set MPD directory to scan (not whole disk)

Suggestions/requests/ideas for RuneAudio core features and functions

Set MPD directory to scan (not whole disk)

Postby xenixesa » 18 Aug 2015, 22:41

I am absolutely loving the RuneAudio. Tried every Kodi-based distribution and Volumio with my RaspberryPi+Schiit Modi without success. RuneAudio works out of the box.

One thing and then it is perfect and you can stop development: I don't want the whole USB hard disk scanned for files, but just a subdirectory.

There is not an option for this and alot of my music is not ready to be in the library yet.

Anybody know of a workaround? I looked at the mpd.conf file but it is obvious that cannot be edited for this purpose.

Cheers and again great work!
xenixesa

Re: Set MPD directory to scan (not whole disk)

Postby hondagx35 » 18 Aug 2015, 23:30

Hi

One thing and then it is perfect and you can stop development: I don't want the whole USB hard disk scanned for files, but just a subdirectory.

You can drop a file named ".mpdignore" in every folder you want to exclude from indexing.

From http://www.musicpd.org/doc/user/music_d ... abase.html

To exclude a file from the update, create a file called .mpdignore in its parent directory. Each line of that file may contain a list of shell wildcards.

for example:

Code: Select all
 echo "*" > </path/to/directory/to/be/ignored/>.mpdignore

Frank
hondagx35

Postby ACX » 19 Aug 2015, 07:25

Or, after the first indexing, you can disable the automatic database update and then manually update the single folders via UI when needed.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby xenixesa » 19 Aug 2015, 18:14

Brilliant, both of your solutions. You can stop developing now, Runeaudio is perfect! :)
xenixesa

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Feature request