Sdcard import

Raspberry Pi related support

Sdcard import

Postby Tofi » 05 Jul 2014, 08:03

Hey,

First of all, awesome Projekt!

So my question is if it would be possible to Import the USB Music on the sdcard? iam currently using rune audio with an 32 GB card with the hope to Import everything on this card to keep the pi small :)
Tofi

Re: Sdcard import

Postby Der Vogel » 06 Jul 2014, 07:29

Hi Tofy!

So my question is if it would be possible to Import the USB Music on the sdcard?

Do you mean to have this functionality implemented in RuneAudio (kind of button "import into the library") or just if playing music from the SDCard works?

I am using RuneAudio everyday and my music is stored on a 32GB SDCard and on a USB stick. So the answer to the second point is definitely yes! See also this other thread on the forum. About the point to have a native function to import from USB to the SDCard (according it is ready for it, see below), I let the developers of RA answer ;)

To use the SDCard to store your music, you need to add a new partition to use the free space of the card. Then you mount this partition in /mnt/MPD/YourMountPoint and simply copy your music on it. Are you familiar with partitioning?

If not, you should take time to read carefully the documentation about it, as it is not a trivial topic for new comers. The easiest is to do the partitioning of the SDCard from your PC, as it will be probably more user-friendly and faster. What operating system do you use?

On Linux, the operation is pretty straightforward with the program GParted. You can have a look on the Ubuntu wiki. On Windows, you can do it with the partition manager (graphical) or the program fdisk (console).

If you prefer or have to stay on the RPi, you will have to use the console (identifiers: root/rune) and use the program fdisk.

If you have already experience with partitioning, you might consider a file system different from the traditional ext4. I have a good experience with the F2FS file system for RuneAudio.
Der Vogel

Re: Sdcard import

Postby Tofi » 10 Jul 2014, 11:30

Der Vogel wrote:Hi Tofy!

So my question is if it would be possible to Import the USB Music on the sdcard?

Do you mean to have this functionality implemented in RuneAudio (kind of button "import into the library") or just if playing music from the SDCard works?

I am using RuneAudio everyday and my music is stored on a 32GB SDCard and on a USB stick. So the answer to the second point is definitely yes! See also this other thread on the forum. About the point to have a native function to import from USB to the SDCard (according it is ready for it, see below), I let the developers of RA answer ;)

To use the SDCard to store your music, you need to add a new partition to use the free space of the card. Then you mount this partition in /mnt/MPD/YourMountPoint and simply copy your music on it. Are you familiar with partitioning?

If not, you should take time to read carefully the documentation about it, as it is not a trivial topic for new comers. The easiest is to do the partitioning of the SDCard from your PC, as it will be probably more user-friendly and faster. What operating system do you use?

On Linux, the operation is pretty straightforward with the program GParted. You can have a look on the Ubuntu wiki. On Windows, you can do it with the partition manager (graphical) or the program fdisk (console).

If you prefer or have to stay on the RPi, you will have to use the console (identifiers: root/rune) and use the program fdisk.

If you have already experience with partitioning, you might consider a file system different from the traditional ext4. I have a good experience with the F2FS file system for RuneAudio.

Im looking for kinda the first thing "import to library" so it's directly integrated into the software, which would make it a lot easier for newbies like me then all the new partition stuff. :D

But thanks for all the links i'll take a look into this and try to get it running this way :). (Windows/Mac here)
Tofi

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi