RuneUI with Chrome's "Add to Homescreen" feature

General discussion about RuneAudio. Do not post any support or feature requests here.

Re: RuneUI with Chrome's "Add to Homescreen" feature

Postby Peter » 28 Jul 2014, 10:08

Midnight wrote:Yes, but it is more interesting on a mobile phone because the website is started without browser address bar. Basically it looks like an native app then.

This is the same in Windows - starts without the address bar, looking like an installed program.
Peter

Postby kajica » 10 Nov 2014, 16:50

create application shortcut is under chrome menu : More tools : Create application shortcut :

cheers!
kajica

Postby mars68 » 08 Dec 2014, 11:13

I played with "add to homescreen" on an ipad / ios8 / safari.

While the RuneUI does show fullscreen, which is great, it doesn't seem to be running very well in this mode.

* The pause/play buttons on the top of the screen appear to be somehow unresponsive, you need to keep them pressed for a few seconds to trigger an action. This could be due to the controls being to close to the area used to swipe down notification panel on IOS.

* The circular volume control randomly doesn't show, only the 3 small square buttons are present.
mars68

Postby ACX » 09 Dec 2014, 00:25

mars68 wrote:* The pause/play buttons on the top of the screen appear to be somehow unresponsive, you need to keep them pressed for a few seconds to trigger an action. This could be due to the controls being to close to the area used to swipe down notification panel on IOS.

I can't test this, could anybody else confirm this behaviour?

mars68 wrote:* The circular volume control randomly doesn't show, only the 3 small square buttons are present.

Are you up to date with git updates? This issue should have been solved in one of the latest patches.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby mars68 » 09 Dec 2014, 13:28

ACX wrote:Are you up to date with git updates? This issue should have been solved in one of the latest patches.

No i'm not. Running from a downloaded img file.

Happy to test from git head though: I guess I need to (cd /srv/http && git pull) ?
What should I do next, reboot or 'systemctl restart' a few services ?

Also how am I supposed to restore a running configuration if things go wrong ? Can I just tar xvf a backup generated from the UI ? BTW the backup silently fails if a backup tarball for the same day already exists in /run.
mars68

Postby mars68 » 09 Dec 2014, 22:37

ACX wrote:
mars68 wrote:* The pause/play buttons on the top of the screen appear to be somehow unresponsive, you need to keep them pressed for a few seconds to trigger an action. This could be due to the controls being to close to the area used to swipe down notification panel on IOS.

I can't test this, could anybody else confirm this behaviour?

I believe I can confirm the issue is bad layout on the ipad mini.
The top of the gui in fullscreen mode overlaps with the area showing signal strength, time, and battery. Photo available here.
http://dl.free.fr/bgHyvNwWn

On an iphone 5 with same iOS version, the layout is correct and the play/pause buttons actually work fine.
On a ipad mini only touching the very bottom of the button triggers something.

--
mars68

Postby ACX » 10 Dec 2014, 00:53

mars68 wrote:Happy to test from git head though: I guess I need to (cd /srv/http && git pull) ?
What should I do next, reboot or 'systemctl restart' a few services ?

how-to-update-the-runeui-via-git-t547.html
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby ACX » 10 Dec 2014, 00:54

mars68 wrote:I believe I can confirm the issue is bad layout on the ipad mini.
The top of the gui in fullscreen mode overlaps with the area showing signal strength, time, and battery. Photo available here.
http://dl.free.fr/bgHyvNwWn

On an iphone 5 with same iOS version, the layout is correct and the play/pause buttons actually work fine.
On a ipad mini only touching the very bottom of the button triggers something.

--

If iOS overlaps the system notification area with the underlying browser area, it's a fault of Safari+iOS and not ours I suppose...
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby mars68 » 10 Dec 2014, 08:45

ACX wrote:If iOS overlaps the system notification area with the underlying browser area, it's a fault of Safari+iOS and not ours I suppose...

Yes, I guess you are right, but the the issue is still worth a fix / workaround imho, as in the current state the UI would appear as unstable for any ipad user: that would be a shame given the UI is actually very stable now with the latest commits as far as I can see.

Happy to help testing but unfortunately I'm not an expert in the field of iOS. I have seen several posts on stackoverflow of people having similar issues with inconsistent layouts across different Apple devices, so there might be some documented workarounds.
mars68

Postby mars68 » 10 Dec 2014, 09:51

Actually, a closer look at the screen suggests the size (height) is ok BUT the UI is sort of shifted up: there is some free space below the UI which should actually on the top of the UI. The height of free space below seems to match.
mars68

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion