[Addon] RuneUI Enhancement

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: [Addon] RuneUI Enhancement

Postby rlsten » 25 Oct 2018, 19:47

rern wrote:
rlsten wrote:...
1. When I was playing music that didn't have any cover art and only left the large cover art item visible, I could only see the playback; there was no top or bottom menu, and no way I could figure out how to get either or both of them back. Also, swiping left or right didn't change pages.

2. When the library items menu is displayed it appears lower than it used to, so on my 7" Raspberry Pi screen in landscape mode the bottom of the menu is cut off, meaning I can't save any changes. Also, the album artist category can't be hidden anymore (What is an album artist anyway; I've never been able to figure that out :| )

3. There doesn't seem to be a way to choose between a separate pause button and just having the play button; I personally liked having just the play button, but it was good to have a choice.

4. This may not have anything to do with the addons, but I can't seem to choose to turn on dev mode from the development page. Is that because it isn't needed?

1. Did it happen with music which have cover arts? Normally you can swipe between pages, right? The update might fix it.
2. Fixed. Album artist - albums which songs not performed by the same artists such as tribute albums.
3. The option was removed. Try using cover art as playback controls replacement. You might find no use of all default buttons.
4. Fixed.
rern

I updated to the most recent UI enhancement and now things have gone crazy: I can't add anything to my playlist and often I can't even view the library, whether on a remote Windows PC browser or locally.

Also, I can't swipe between pages with the 7" screen, either before the latest update or now. That is usually not a big deal since I usually keep the top and bottom menus visible on the 7" screen. However, sometimes the top line pause, play etc buttons appeared, other times they were gone.
The library menu items page still didn't fit on the screen. I have the zoom at .7. Can the menu be made movable with a long press on the top bar?

I tried this version several times with different SD cards, with the same result.

The addons version before the October 22 update worked the best for my setup--Is there any way to get it back? ;)

Thanks,
Rod
rlsten

Postby MikeC » 27 Oct 2018, 18:18

I would like to note that I had the similar issues as Rod (previous post) with this release. I could not add to the playlist from my library, only WebRadio.
I was using a Pi3B+ and .5-beta. I don't use a local screen, so I could not test issues related to that.

Mike C
MikeC

Postby rern » 28 Oct 2018, 17:28

rlsten wrote:...
Also, I can't swipe between pages with the 7" screen, either before the latest update or now. That is usually not a big deal since I usually keep the top and bottom menus visible on the 7" screen. However, sometimes the top line pause, play etc buttons appeared, other times they were gone.
The library menu items page still didn't fit on the screen. I have the zoom at .7. Can the menu be made movable with a long press on the top bar?

I tried this version several times with different SD cards, with the same result.

The addons version before the October 22 update worked the best for my setup--Is there any way to get it back?

Try the new update and report.
- Now the top-bottom bars are not auto-hide.
- Main menu and Library items menu are scollable.
- Rollback to previous version used to be a feature of Addons but it's mostly broken because main Addons and other addons had moved forward.

This "big" update is quite an improvement. It's worth all the trouble. Trust me.

Off topic: Why do private messages of this site stay in outbox for so long, sometime for hours, before they get delivered? Someone has a clue?

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby rlsten » 29 Oct 2018, 15:19

rern wrote:Try the new update and report.
- Now the top-bottom bars are not auto-hide.
- Main menu and Library items menu are scollable.
- Rollback to previous version used to be a feature of Addons but it's mostly broken because main Addons and other addons had moved forward.
rern

Hi rern,

I'm still testing the update, but here is what I've noticed so far:

The problems I had with adding new music are gone! Most of the interface options work as intended; the library and playback items are scrollable.

I have had a few quirks, which I honestly don't know if they are related to the enhancements or are caused by something else in the system.

1. The large cover art setting in playback items doesn't seem to work--I get no picture at all. When Cover Art is selected it works fine.
2. I still can't swipe between pages on the 7" screen; I will try it with my adafruit 2.8" screen and report.
3. Sometimes when changing a setting from the addons menu, such as zoom level, the Rune screen on my remote PC says restarting local browser, but the local browser stays black; other times the local browser restarts the way it should.
4. When powering off, the local screen terminal says a stop job is running for my two Network shares and it took over 2 minutes to unmount the shares and the system to power off.

I also have trouble when adding a 4TB USB 2.5" hard drive; the interface slows to a crawl and is virtually-non responsive. I need to check if the Pi is getting enough power because I can't see how the UI enhancements should be affecting that.

I will also be trying the MPD update and the Chromium browser.

So overall, a great improvement. The enhancements are very responsive and everything sounds great.

Thanks for all your work!
rlsten

Postby cmh714 » 29 Oct 2018, 16:07

looking good as always @rern, thanks!

This is a sort of dumb request.....is there any way we can get the McIntosh VU meters in the UI?? I think the Mc radio app uses them....

TIA

***EDIT: ok I see its just an animated gif that I can probably replace.....
cmh714

Postby Toube » 30 Oct 2018, 10:07

Hi @rern,

using 0.5 version and I also noticed some things that are not working:

- When browsing music library and selecting Add and Play, the album is added to the playlist but it will not start to play
- For the webradio the counter is not working in the now playing window, the counter is shown in the playlist though
- .cue or .m3u files using network share, not able to add to the playlist or play (Using normal UI these are working)

Regards,
Toube
Toube

Postby rlsten » 30 Oct 2018, 14:47

Tried the Adafruit 2.8" capacitive screen and still no ability to swipe. I am able to swipe with older versions of UI enhancements. Also, the index bar doesn't work on any screen; the number sign #, however, does return to the top.

Despite these issues, the latest UI enhancements are the best yet, and the major elements work very well.

Rod
rlsten

Postby MikeC » 30 Oct 2018, 18:00

You are making fantastic progress.

I have a couple of minor issues on my installs:
This applies to the .5 beta
UI version: 20181029
Both a Pi2B and Pi3B

1. Settings menu does not drop down on phone display - I tried multiple phones
2. To update music catalog I had go back two folders and run tool
It indicates that the update was finished but does not show new material until i rerun at least two folders up
The update function also returns to main library screen instead of display staying at proper folder level - This applies to computer screen and phones.

MikeC
MikeC

Postby cmh714 » 30 Oct 2018, 18:51

MikeC wrote:You are making fantastic progress.

1. Settings menu does not drop down on phone display - I tried multiple phones

MikeC

This works for me....so interesting for you....sorry thats no help
cmh714

Postby MikeC » 31 Oct 2018, 20:40

I went back for a retest on the gear icon drop down menu on my phones.
It turns out that it is only broken in verticle mode.
If I turn my phone for landscape mode the drop down menu works fine.

MikeC
MikeC

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi