RuneUI doesn't start

Raspberry Pi related support

RuneUI doesn't start

Postby vivian » 27 Jun 2021, 20:54

Hi,

I have a Raspberry Pi Model B+. I have installed Runeaudio v0.3-beta (29/10/2014), and it boots to a login. I have read that if you wait a bit, RuneUI will start by itself. That is not happening for me. If I don't login, it just sits there.

I discovered on the web that the login is root and the password is rune, so I tried that. It works, and I get a command prompt. I have not been able to find a command that boots RuneUI from the command line.

I have also read on the web that Runeaudio is designed for headless use in a browser. I can't figure out how to get that working either. According to the Quick Start Guide, I should be able to access RuneUI by surfing to http:// + my Pi's IP address. I tried that, and I get the following error:

This site can’t be reached
<IP address> refused to connect.

What do I do now?
vivian

Re: RuneUI doesn't start

Postby Ears of Tin » 28 Jun 2021, 12:27

First time setup can be a challenge. Is Pi connected to your network be Ethernet cable? If not the WiFi needs to be configured for your network. Attach a screen and keyboard to the Pi while on ethernet, then use Network page to add your wifi credentials. I don't recall the login screen you see but I can't remember all the details for Rune 3 as it's quite old. Most of us have migrated to it's successor - raudio. https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Same great feel of the original Rune but with many important updates and improvements.
Ears of Tin

Postby vivian » 28 Jun 2021, 14:34

I see. Thanks Ears of Tin! Does this mean that Rune can't be used offline?
vivian

Postby Ears of Tin » 28 Jun 2021, 19:33

To use as a headless player the pi and and the controlling browser (e.g. a phone or tablet) must be on the same home network but internet connection to the outside world is not required except for some features like radio, song lyrics, artist bios.
Ears of Tin

Postby vivian » 04 Jul 2021, 15:27

I tried plugging in an ethernet cable before booting, as suggested. It made no difference. The behavior was identical.

So I think what I'll do is format the SD card and put Kodi on it instead.
vivian

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi