RuneOS - DIY RuneAudio+R e

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneOS - DIY RuneAudio+R e

Postby Mainstreet » 12 Nov 2019, 17:50

rern wrote:
Mainstreet wrote:Trying to build my Runeaudio on RPi 3A+ . Running create-rune.sh script after Installing customized packages and webinterface I get continious Packages download incomplete!. Internet connection is fast and stable. Do you have any ideas?

Some servers of Arch Linux Arm package can be inconsistent sometimes. It shows as error messages during download. Try ranking the servers:
Code: Select all
wget -qN --show-progress https://github.com/rern/RuneOS/blob/master/srv/http/addons-functions.sh
. /addons-functions.sh
wget -qN --show-progress https://github.com/rern/RuneAudio/raw/master/rankmirrors/rankmirrors.sh -O - | sh
Then run create-rune.sh again.

rern

Now i got this:

loading packages...
error: failed to prepare transaction (package architecture is not valid)
:: package bluealsa-2.0.0.r0.g1c86e6d-1-armv7h does not have a valid architecture
:: package kid3-cli-3.8.0-1-armv7h does not have a valid architecture
:: package libmatchbox-1.12-1-armv7h does not have a valid architecture
:: package libupnpp-0.17.1-1-armv7h does not have a valid architecture
:: package matchbox-window-manager-1.2-4-armv7h does not have a valid architecture
:: package nginx-mainline-pushstream-1.17.4-1-armv7h does not have a valid architecture
:: package upmpdcli-1.4.2-2-armv7h does not have a valid architecture

UPD:
Finally build Runeaudio for my RPi 3A+ choosing RPi 3 (not 3+) in create-rune.sh script menu following recomendations from Archlinux ARM page and this build is working.
Found one issue for now - setting for I2S interface working (and listed in config.txt) but not showing in UI after reboot.
Mainstreet

Postby rern » 15 Nov 2019, 15:54

@Mainstreet,

I think it's about instruction set of RPi3A+ is ARMv8 (64-bit) but the failed packages were built with RPi3B which is ARMv8-A (64/32-bit). RPi3B+ and RPi4 are ARMv8-A as well.

To sort it out, the packages must be built on RPi3A+ itself but I don't have one. @Mainstreet, can you do it for me? I only have a Zero W, a 3B and a 4B.

And since you've successfully built by RPi3 base, please try the image for Raspberry Pi 3, 2 as well.

Anyone with RPi3B+?

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby rern » 17 Nov 2019, 12:21

Boot from USB

Built and run successfully on Raspberry Pi 3B with SSD drive. No micro SD card.
    - Suitable for solid state drives.
    - Normal hard drives need external power or powered USB hub and let it spin up 5+ seconds before boot.
    - Boot takes 10+ seconds longer (detect no sd card > read boot loader into memory > boot)
    - An old SSD run a little faster than a class 10 SD card.

By the way, normal hard drives can still be used without external power for ROOT partition and boot from SD card.

rern
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby Johan » 17 Nov 2019, 19:47

rern wrote:@Mainstreet,

I think it's about instruction set of RPi3A+ is ARMv8 (64-bit) but the failed packages were built with RPi3B which is ARMv8-A (64/32-bit). RPi3B+ and RPi4 are ARMv8-A as well.
To sort it out, the packages must be built on RPi3A+ itself but I don't have one. @Mainstreet, can you do it for me? I only have a Zero W, a 3B and a 4B.
And since you've successfully built by RPi3 base, please try the image for Raspberry Pi 3, 2 as well.

Anyone with RPi3B+?

rern

Hi Rern, thanks for all your efforts ! I tried it with my RPi3B+, after i created Arch Linux Arm and add my SD card in the RPi3B+ , selected the RPi3B+, I was not able to connect with my RPi3B+, in the list of IP's/MAC numbers it is not there..
RPi 3B+ v1.3 & Allo Boss
PC Manjaro-xfce-18.1.3
Johan

Postby rern » 18 Nov 2019, 00:39

Johan wrote:...I tried it with my RPi3B+, after i created Arch Linux Arm and add my SD card in the RPi3B+ , selected the RPi3B+, I was not able to connect with my RPi3B+, in the list of IP's/MAC numbers it is not there..

Try:
- Scroll down the IP list with arrow down key
- not found > power off > connect wired LAN > power on > rescan again
- not found > power off > power on > rescan again

Network failed to start during boot happened to me sometime. I didn't know why but starting over fixed it.

rern
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby Mainstreet » 18 Nov 2019, 09:53

Anyone with RPi3B+?

rern

Hi, Rern!

I can try to build mentioned packeges, but I'm new to Linux, so I need some instructions.
And I'll try images in couple of days.
Mainstreet

Postby Johan » 19 Nov 2019, 12:28

rern wrote:
Johan wrote:...I tried it with my RPi3B+, after i created Arch Linux Arm and add my SD card in the RPi3B+ , selected the RPi3B+, I was not able to connect with my RPi3B+, in the list of IP's/MAC numbers it is not there..

Try:
- Scroll down the IP list with arrow down key
- not found > power off > connect wired LAN > power on > rescan again
- not found > power off > power on > rescan again

Network failed to start during boot happened to me sometime. I didn't know why but starting over fixed it.

rern

Hi Rern, I tried dozens of times but I am not able to create Runa Audio for RPi3B+ (using RPi3+) even reset my router, only 1 time I found a 'unknown' IP/MAC address which I added. When I add my other [Archphile] SD card in my RPi usually correct IP number shows up, but when I exactly followed the GitHub instructions to DIY this RPi3B+ image, network boot failure prevents to create-rune.sh, connecting HDMI on my RPi3B+ does not shows anything screen keeps black so I am not able to see logfiles. I use PC Linux OS64-xfce. Is there a way around to run the create-rune.sh script? Or do you have an Rune Audio RE image for the RPi3B+ ? Thanks
RPi 3B+ v1.3 & Allo Boss
PC Manjaro-xfce-18.1.3
Johan

Postby Mainstreet » 19 Nov 2019, 19:18

Anyone with RPi3B+?

rern

Hi, Rern!
Image file for RPi 2,3 worked for my 3A+, though the issue with I2S settings persists.

Regards!
Mainstreet

Postby rern » 20 Nov 2019, 01:08

@Mainstreet,
Thank you for the testing. Now we should have 1 less to maintain.
What's your I2S DAC?

Johan wrote:... I tried dozens of times but I am not able to create Runa Audio for RPi3B+ (using RPi3+) even reset my router, only 1 time I found a 'unknown' IP/MAC address which I added. When I add my other [Archphile] SD card in my RPi usually correct IP number shows up, but when I exactly followed the GitHub instructions to DIY this RPi3B+ image, network boot failure prevents to create-rune.sh, connecting HDMI on my RPi3B+ does not shows anything screen keeps black so I am not able to see logfiles. I use PC Linux OS64-xfce. Is there a way around to run the create-rune.sh script? Or do you have an Rune Audio RE image for the RPi3B+ ? Thanks

As of @Mainstreet's reporting, his 3A+ runs RuneAudio+R e2 image file for Raspberry Pi 3, 2 fine. If it's fine for your 3B+ as well, we'll have a conclusion that 3 and 3+ can use the same image file. Please try and report.

rern
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby Mainstreet » 20 Nov 2019, 10:16

My I2S interface is PiFi Digi + which I assume is the exact copy of HiFiBerry Digi Plus.
Mainstreet

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi