RuneAudio+R e6

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio+R e6

Postby ceejayemm » 02 Nov 2020, 18:18

@Rern

Update 202010102 (should this have been 20201102 ?) seems to have fixed my problems with the mobile app.

I am looking at using RA+Re6 with a touchscreen. Is there anyway to allow the RPI to be on all the time but implement some sort of screen saver so the touch screen doesn't get 'burn in' when not in use ?

@Alien8 - thanks for the link to a possible case for use with a touch screen, unfortunately the product on that link is no longer available

@s.k. - thanks for your link for the smaller case, I did have a look but I don't think there is room to include a onboard DAC HAT in that case.

I decided to go with a SmartiPi Touch 2 case (see https://smarticase.com/) which can be used with PI 3/4 and seems to have plenty of room for addons and includes a fan if needed.

@All - can I ask that you have a look at this thread: attention-website-admins-t7149.html to see if we can get more awareness that RA is in fact still being developed and also get some credit for Rern for the sterling work he has been doing recently.

Chris
ceejayemm

Postby s.k. » 02 Nov 2020, 19:08

ceejayemm wrote:@Rern

Update 202010102 (should this have been 20201102 ?) seems to have fixed my problems with the mobile app.

Chris

The settings (gear icon) is working properly in the mobile app?
RPi2B Rev 1.1, Allo DigiOne, ATXRaspi, 16x2 OLED display - running rAudio
s.k.

Postby jsouza » 03 Nov 2020, 16:20

Installed the latest e6 on a fresh SD card last night. Updated it in the UI, configured my DAC and one music source. Library started updating. Let that run overnight. This morning I try to add a new source and the UI hangs, with the RuneAudio logo just flashing. Reboot the device, same thing occurs.
jsouza

Postby Beelzebassie » 03 Nov 2020, 16:32

jsouza wrote:Installed the latest e6 on a fresh SD card last night. Updated it in the UI, configured my DAC and one music source. Library started updating. Let that run overnight. This morning I try to add a new source and the UI hangs, with the RuneAudio logo just flashing. Reboot the device, same thing occurs.

How much entries do you have in your library? Recently the option was added to RA to increase MPD's max_output_buffer_size, have you tried that? I have 44K+ songs and updating the library takes 5-10 minutes.

Settings > MPD > Options > Custom Output Buffer (default 8192)
Raspberry Pi 3B (rev. 1.2) | Allo DigiOne
Beelzebassie

Postby jsouza » 03 Nov 2020, 16:39

Beelzebassie wrote:
jsouza wrote:Installed the latest e6 on a fresh SD card last night. Updated it in the UI, configured my DAC and one music source. Library started updating. Let that run overnight. This morning I try to add a new source and the UI hangs, with the RuneAudio logo just flashing. Reboot the device, same thing occurs.

How much entries do you have in your library? Recently the option was added to RA to increase MPD's max_output_buffer_size, have you tried that? I have 44K+ songs and updating the library takes 5-10 minutes.

Settings > MPD > Options > Custom Output Buffer (default 8192)

I currently have ~36K songs in the share that I added. I was trying to add an additional share. I've never had to change any MPD settings when building my library in the past. Also, wouldn't the output buffer affect MPD output and not building the library? Note that when this UI hang occurs, the library is not currently being built. The UI just hangs.
jsouza

Postby jsouza » 03 Nov 2020, 16:43

Note also that playback of existing songs in the library works just fine. The problem is that clicking either "System" or "Sources" under the gear menu just hangs.
jsouza

Postby dzingis » 03 Nov 2020, 19:08

Hi,

I've installed fresh copy of RuneAudio+R e6 on Pi4 with HiFiBerry DAC2 HD card.

There is problem with audio output. Sometimes it sends signal to both chanels sometimes just to right.

It is not problem with songs or with board or amplifier.

That combination works just fine with HiFiBerryOS.

Anyone else had same issues?
dzingis

Postby jsouza » 04 Nov 2020, 03:59

Seems to me that the problem is in adding a second network share to the library sources. I flashed another clean copy of e6 to a freshly formatted SD card. Updated to the latest in the Addons UI, and configured the DAC as before. This time I added my smaller network share first. When I attempted to add the second share, the UI hung as before, with the RuneAudio logo just flashing.
jsouza

Postby bnilsson » 05 Nov 2020, 16:31

Hi,
Thanks for the update.

UPnP is no longer working for me with e6.
I am sometimes using RuneAudio together with Bubble UPnP, and the new e6 never shows up as a UPnP renderer as it did before.
Has something changed in the setup that I should be aware of?
UPnP is enabled of course.

And BTW, the Addons page does not scroll. Not in Safari, not in Firefox.

BN
bnilsson

Postby Beelzebassie » 05 Nov 2020, 18:08

Not sure if this bug was introduced with today's update, but maps and files containing words starting with '$' are not indexed.

Can someone confirm?
Raspberry Pi 3B (rev. 1.2) | Allo DigiOne
Beelzebassie

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi