RuneAudio+R e6

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio+R e6

Postby cmh714 » 08 Jan 2021, 17:53

ceejayemm wrote:cmh714

I am running the official Raspberry 7in Touchscreen with a SmartiPi Touch 2 case (https://smarticase.com/) originally with RA+Re6 and now RAudio-1. It works fine and gives plenty of space for DAC hats, cables etc.

Chris

TY Chris much appreciated!
cmh714

Postby GriffinUcos » 08 Jan 2021, 18:54

GriffinUcos wrote:
Ears of Tin wrote:I'm using the new rAudio https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1 and Bluetooth working great in both directions. Previously with Re6 I could only send phone>pi. Sometimes it helps to regenerate the list of bluetooth devices with the search icon in Networks setting page and select device from that list.

Edited to add I have RPi3 and RPi4 both with onboard BT. No dongles.

Thanks EoT. No response to the search icon so pretty sure it's the use of a BT dongle that isn't catered for. No worries I'll leave it for now.

Have a great New Year everyone.

Edited because the lower case h was annoying me. ;-))

Not sure what I was doing wrong before!!

rAudio 20210105

Enabled Bluetooth on Systems .
Turned on BT Speaker.
System paired and connected!

Sadly any attempt by me to modify mpd.conf audio output or asound.conf to use BT breaks the system, so I lose my DAC and fifo appears on it's own in audio output. That leave me nothing in /settings.php?p=mpd.

I'll get there eventually.

Phill
GriffinUcos

Postby cesarus » 09 Jan 2021, 23:19

Hi, excellent work. Best web UI and sound. I have one question is it possible to have Vu meter on web UI not just at radio stations. Thanks!
cesarus

Postby LeighP » 12 Jan 2021, 14:16

After a few issues trying to get previous releases of 'RuneAudio+R' working, I decided to work on getting it working.

System is Pi 3+, HifiBerry DAC+, all housed in a metal X820 Case with HDD Adaptor and 1Tb Western SSD.

Working great and next upgrade could be doing optical into a new Hifi system once I decide on what I want.

Many thanks to the developers.

Leigh....Project supporter.
https://github.com/rern/rAudio - the new place for rAudio.
LeighP

Postby chasolla » 15 Jan 2021, 16:32

rpi 3b+
generic iqaudio raspidac+

did the latest update today.
Loving the VU meter - just one. Two would be even better.
I can't work out how to switch between cover art and meter, sometimes it's one, sometimes the other.

Keep up the good work.
Very stable atm and getting betterevery day.

thanks

Chas
chasolla

Postby LeVolatile » 16 Jan 2021, 03:43

Hi rem,

Thanks a lot for all those greath works on Rune. I have used your preceding version for a couple of months now and was VERY satisfied about the results. I greatly appreciated all the new features. So satisfied that I gave up my so loved moOde Audio Player that I used many years. It always worked fine with wired connection. We all agree that it's the best and most reliable way to connect to a network. Recently, I moved to a new apartment and I have no any other choice then Wi-fi connection. Now its getting messy ! After reflashing the SD card 2 times without success, the 3rd time, it finally worked but not for long. As soon as it started to create his music database, it crashed again! As the first 2 times, not only it crashed, but it braked down. I spent almost an entire day trying to solve the issue. You say that wired connection works better but personally, I would say "Wi-Fi connection is unusable" at least for me. I have a RPi 4b (4Gig RAM version) with a 5 Amps analog tightly regulated power supply. For now, I returned to moOde but Rune is missing me.

Am I the only one that is unable to use Wi-Fi on this version? Is there something that I did incorrectly? Are you working on a solution? If you can, your help would be much appreciated.

Best Regards
LeVolatile
LeVolatile

Postby GriffinUcos » 16 Jan 2021, 14:39

Hi LeVolatile.

I have a Pi B+ on the 5v output from a bluetooth tower. Toshiba usb 64Gb memory stick, usb wifi and usb bluetooth. No usb hub!
I'm running version 20210115 and have zero problems with wifi.

Have you tried a new SD card?

One obscure thing I did find was that my wifi router does not like the Raspi next to it. This caused other wifi connections to drop, (Fire TV etc).

Regards
GriffinUcos

Postby guermantes » 16 Jan 2021, 16:23

Hi @rern,
Is it possible to tweak the app so as to include support for webradio streaming in AAC-format?
RPi 3B with HiFiBerry Digi+ -> Cambridge DACmagic
guermantes

Postby R101 » 16 Jan 2021, 17:02

guermantes wrote:Hi @rern,
Is it possible to tweak the app so as to include support for webradio streaming in AAC-format?

It already does this. Have you enabled ffmpeg in MPD settings?
(Pi 3B, rAudio-1, JLS I2S over USB)
R101

Postby guermantes » 16 Jan 2021, 18:36

R101 wrote:
guermantes wrote:Hi @rern,

It already does this. Have you enabled ffmpeg in MPD settings?

Thanks for the heads-up! That works indeed. :-)
RPi 3B with HiFiBerry Digi+ -> Cambridge DACmagic
guermantes

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi