RuneAudio+R e6

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio+R e6

Postby s.k. » 02 Dec 2020, 10:24

Update 20201201
I like the new menu layout and also the ability to navigate through the bottom tabs.
Thanks rern !

BVLabs wrote:Question: how can I turn off the check for updates? For example, I want to freeze this assembly at this stage.

+1 on this !
RPi2B Rev 1.1, Allo DigiOne, ATXRaspi, 16x2 OLED display - running rAudio
s.k.

Postby Russ » 02 Dec 2020, 11:08

R101 wrote:@rern,

Sorry rern, I think I have found another one. I unplugged and reconnected the USB DAC for the first time since the update, and am now back to having no sound card detected and no sound card entry in mpd.conf.

I, too, am facing the same problem, twice before last week because I was switching USB DACs. So I learned to stop playback before messing about with the USB DACs. And today, a third time as the USB DAC lost power (as I was physically moving the power supply to the DAC.) :o On all occasions, I re-flashed. Is there better way, like a quick fix on the command line interface?

Also, the latest update has put a "padlock" icon besides "System" on the drop down menu. Previously, it has the settings icon. And no, I did not opt for password to access system menu (if there is such a thing.)
Russ

Postby R101 » 02 Dec 2020, 11:44

R101 wrote:@rern,

Sorry rern, I think I have found another one. I unplugged and reconnected the USB DAC for the first time since the update, and am now back to having no sound card detected and no sound card entry in mpd.conf.

The 20201201 update seems to have fixed this, as well as the playlist bug.

Thanks rern.
(Pi 3B, rAudio-1, JLS I2S over USB)
R101

Postby s.k. » 02 Dec 2020, 15:23

Update 20201201
• Rune logo in ssh isn’t displayed correctly

• Doesn’t shows the fourth kernel load in Status
This “Voltage under 4.7V” does not appeared in my “prototype” SD image, but it appears on any clone made from it.
I haven’t notice any audible malfunction because of it.

• Disk capacity is missing (was on top in Addons page)
• A disk expansion addon would be nice
RPi2B Rev 1.1, Allo DigiOne, ATXRaspi, 16x2 OLED display - running rAudio
s.k.

Postby Alien8 » 02 Dec 2020, 16:07

Most of not all issues are now fixed.

My lcd still won't work with this. After much search I managed to get some characters on the display but nothing meaningful...
As mentioned earlier I have only gpio mode with different pinout.

One issue is https://gist.github.com/dbrgn/77d984a822bfc9fddc844f67016d0f7e but even with that I have no succes.

My pinout is definitely different, rs =8, en =7, r/w =None, d4-d8 =25,24,23,27.
Lcdchar claims only 26 pins support.

With GPIO.BCM I could assign pins directly and as said get a few characters but alas no useful display.

My (heavily modded) dockerized pydPiper script works fine though.(switching back and forth to debug)

A8
RPi2B Rev 1.2, AUDIOPHONICS I-SABRE AMP DAC ES9023, Audiophonics ATX, hd44780 LCD running R+Re6
Alien8

Postby rern » 02 Dec 2020, 16:33

BVLabs wrote:...
Question: how can I turn off the check for updates? For example, I want to freeze this assembly at this stage.

Updates is checked on each Addons page run and daily at midnight. Just ignore the update badge. You can wait and see any bug reports and fixes for a few days before going forward.
I'd like to freeze it as well but in a few days there's always been something to improve or fix. And that's what R+R e6 today.

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby R101 » 02 Dec 2020, 18:16

@rern,

After unplugging the USB DAC and reconnecting it, I have to remount my USB memory stick and do a rescan.
(Pi 3B, rAudio-1, JLS I2S over USB)
R101

Postby KarelB » 02 Dec 2020, 19:30

KarelB wrote:The question would be: Is it possible to downgrade kernel of RuneAudio+R e6 to 4.19.118 and how?

So first of all thank you rern, now the HiFiBerry DAC+ PRO works like a charm and you've really made my day - I just had to obtain a new card, the original seems to be broken somehow : "[ 8.647856] i2c-bcm2835 fe804000.i2c: i2c transfer timed out".
Next steps for long Christmas nights:
1) send rern couple of bucks for a coffee or beer
2) connect a Waveshare 4,3" DSI LCD display, IPS, 800×480, I2C, MIPI DSI - generally it was already working, just the graphics was a bit distorted; anyway I had to disconnected it during the HiFiBerry card troubleshooting. I suppose that this should not be anything hard (just note that it's killing Raspberry's onboard WiFi so wired LAN is necessary)
3) the final steep - to build some decent box so the old Sony SMP-N100 can be replaced finally
Thanks a lot for your work again. I'm really enjoying it!

PS: I can advice (e.g. PM) how to downgrade the kernel but it didn't help at all... :mrgreen:
Karel
-------------------------------------------
2x RuneAudio @ Raspberry 1 & 2
1x FlightRadar24 @ Raspberry 3
1x RuneAudio+R e6 @ Raspberry 4B + HifiBerry DAC+ PRO - work in progress
3x Kodi @ Raspberry 4B
KarelB

Postby kolmberger » 03 Dec 2020, 11:23

Thanks a lot to the developers for doing such a great work.

May I post my latest issue here? On a 3b+ I cannot get audio via Bluetooth on a speaker running. Pairing with the speaker succeeded, but no sound.
I might have wrong settings in MPD and / or System settings.

Can someone help me on configuring bluetooth output?

Thanks and cheers. :-)
kolmberger

Postby rern » 03 Dec 2020, 12:10

s.k. wrote:Update 20201201
• Rune logo in ssh isn’t displayed correctly
• Doesn’t shows the fourth kernel load in Status
This “Voltage under 4.7V” does not appeared in my “prototype” SD image, but it appears on any clone made from it.
I haven’t notice any audible malfunction because of it.

• Disk capacity is missing (was on top in Addons page)
• A disk expansion addon would be nice

@s.k.,

Logo:

01.jpg
01.jpg (34.57 KiB) Viewed 1078 times
A little too much for trying to be an image. It will be replaced with a text banner in next release.

CPU Load: Average number of processes which are being executed and in waiting calculated over 1, 5 and 15 minutes.

Under voltage: It got values and set status according to vcgencmd
Code: Select all
/opt/vc/bin/vcgencmd get_throttled

Disk capacity: It's still in Sources section.

A disk expansion addon: Already expanded automatically on 1st boot.

PS. For the timezone sake, I had a good chance before lockdown to walk up the great Acropolis. It's mesmerizing.

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi