Re: RuneAudio+R e6

Postby Ears of Tin » 22 Oct 2020, 14:32

Hi Chris,

That was easy. Pi4 now updated.
Ears of Tin

Postby Russ » 22 Oct 2020, 15:41

Hi Rern,

A question on spotifyd: I note that the info on the UI (great job on the UI, btw) states a sample rate of 48 kHz which was confirmed on my USB DAC display. I presume that this is because of an audio parameter on the RPi as I can change the sample rate back to 44.1 kHz (Spotify native) on my PC (through the USB XMOS Driver.)

How do I tweak Re6 to play Spotify at 44.1 kHz sample rate? Or rather, how do I get Re6 to play Spotify at its native sample rate. I remember, some time back, I changed an audio configuration file (alsa.conf maybe) to achieve this. But it also meant it would play all other sources at 44.1 kHz too - which I did not want. So I ended up with a Larkbox to play Spotify and RPi for radio and music files.
Russ

Postby Alien8 » 22 Oct 2020, 17:09

Hi all

Re6 201020 :
I get an empty sampling line when the radio station has no track info, ones that do send something do get track info
Now I just get an empty line save the Radio extension.

The radio files don't get updated to store the sample rate, bitdepth and stream rate.
Ffprobe is only called to snatch the relevant data in stop state
It appears the status script doesn't handle flac radio streams correctly

Code: Select all
 #  cat /srv/http/data/webradios/http\:\|\|199.189.87.9\:10999\|flac                                                                                   
JB Radio 2                                                                           
# cat /srv/http/data/webradios/http\:\|\|playerservices.streamtheworld.com\|api\|livestream-redirect\|JOE_TOP2000.mp3                               
Joe Top 2000                                                                         
24 bit 44.1 kHz 128 kbit/s 

another bug it seems

Alien8
Last edited by Alien8 on 23 Oct 2020, 10:18, edited 3 times in total.
RPi2B Rev 1.2, AUDIOPHONICS I-SABRE AMP DAC ES9023, Audiophonics ATX, hd44780 LCD running R+Re6
Alien8

Postby kiko » 22 Oct 2020, 22:38

MPD is getting partially through scanning the media shares and will end up with:

Oct 22 14:15 : exception: error on client 93: Output buffer is full
Oct 22 14:15 : exception: No such directory

And will not restart the share that has the problem.

My library is not small:

Artists: 34,754
Albums: 12,272
Songs: 183,777

And that's not all, it should be over 250K songs and I have not added the share for the DTS music.

All my music is stored on a Qnap NAS with gigabit Ethernet, Raspberry PI 3 connected over Ethernet not WiFi.

Other that this issue Re6 is great, play back of audio sounds super!
kiko

Postby klassikmann » 23 Oct 2020, 12:05

Update R+Re6 20201023

In https://www.runeaudio.com/forum/runeaudio-r-e6-t7141.html#p30378 I described the process to establish a BT connection as a receiver (sink). After today's update the steps are no more necessary. It's now fully automatic!

For completeness I had a look on the sender (source) mode: It's just that simple!

klassikmann
RPI 3B + HifiBerry Digi+ Pro + rAudio-1
klassikmann

Postby Ears of Tin » 23 Oct 2020, 15:49

Re Bluetooth:
Listening to a podcast from my phone now. It's fantastic. Now I can take the Chromecasts off my receivers.

Reboot twice if needed. First time bluetooth was not in discoverable mode.
Ears of Tin

Postby maxsubs » 23 Oct 2020, 18:19

has anyone installe this version in berryboot? how? It's the only way I can use it, thanks
maxsubs

Postby RolandBlaze » 23 Oct 2020, 19:18

R101 wrote:Roland,

Do a long press on the bookmark icon. You should get options to delete or edit it.

@R101 Brilliant, thanks. God must be getting old not thinking to try that :? :lol:

ceejayemm wrote:
Yes, can now confirm that R101's method for deleting book marks does indeed work.

I seem to remember having a similar problem with the Album entries in the past and, again, Rern had to 'do' something to help me out. Just out of interest do you get all (some ?) albums listed in the Library but with the RuneAudio logo artwork instead of the actual album artwork, if this is the case try running the artwork updater - by long pressing the icon to the right of the word 'ALBUM' at the top of the Albums page. Did you run the database update I mentioned earlier and let if finish (not wanting to tell grandmothers how to suck eggs :-) )?

Out of other ideas now though.

Chris

@ceejayemm Hi Chris. Nope all my artwork is there for all my albums (that I know have covers), and have done another update of my artwork again just in-case and a full ibrary update agin after but still have the same issue. Will poss try a rebuild on the weekend with latest version and try again, thanks for your suggestions though, appreciated. :D I have just noticed though that the only items there are in "Albums" are all showing as .WAV format.
Last edited by RolandBlaze on 23 Oct 2020, 20:35, edited 1 time in total.
RuneAudio+R e6 20201108 
Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.
RolandBlaze

Postby R101 » 23 Oct 2020, 20:30

Hi rern,

I have been having trouble with the backup/restore utility in the system menu, and I think I can see what is going on.

The /etc/netctl/SSID file which is saved in backup.gz is not the current one, but the one which was last restored. If I edit the profile in /etc/netctl, the changed file is not saved in the backup. I think this might be the case for some other files as well.
(Pi 3B, rAudio-1, JLS I2S over USB)
R101

Postby rern » 24 Oct 2020, 14:39

RolandBlaze wrote:... Nope all my artwork is there for all my albums (that I know have covers), and have done another update of my artwork again just in-case and a full ibrary update agin after but still have the same issue. Will poss try a rebuild on the weekend with latest version and try again, thanks for your suggestions though, appreciated. :D I have just noticed though that the only items there are in "Albums" are all showing as .WAV format.

There's a problem with output mpc listall command for a very large Library, might be 30,000 tracks or more.
Please post results of:
Code: Select all
mpc listall | wc -l
mpc list album | wc -l

R101 wrote:...
The /etc/netctl/SSID file which is saved in backup.gz is not the current one, but the one which was last restored. If I edit the profile in /etc/netctl, the changed file is not saved in the backup. I think this might be the case for some other files as well.

It seems like there's no need to restore Wi-Fi data because RuneAudio Wi-Fi has connected already to be able to restore. So it should be removed.

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi