RuneAudio+R e6

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio+R e6

Postby ceejayemm » 05 Nov 2020, 18:11

@Rern

I have now got my 7in touchscreen installed for use with RA+Re6 and it seems to work well. I have found the Screen Off option on the Features / Browser on RPi page and it does what I want, acting as a screen saver. Unfortunately on the same page, the Zoom option is not being saved. I am trying to set it to 0.7 (or '.7' as we used to have to do in earlier versions) but this value is not saved and it is reset to '1' whenever the screen is refreshed.

Regards.

Chris
ceejayemm

Postby jsouza » 06 Nov 2020, 03:47

jsouza wrote:Seems to me that the problem is in adding a second network share to the library sources. I flashed another clean copy of e6 to a freshly formatted SD card. Updated to the latest in the Addons UI, and configured the DAC as before. This time I added my smaller network share first. When I attempted to add the second share, the UI hung as before, with the RuneAudio logo just flashing.

Just updated to 20201105. Problem still occurs.
jsouza

Postby rern » 06 Nov 2020, 12:21

jsouza wrote:
jsouza wrote:Seems to me that the problem is in adding a second network share to the library sources. I flashed another clean copy of e6 to a freshly formatted SD card. Updated to the latest in the Addons UI, and configured the DAC as before. This time I added my smaller network share first. When I attempted to add the second share, the UI hung as before, with the RuneAudio logo just flashing.

Try command lines to see errors:
(Replace green texts with actual values.)

CIFS:
mkdir -p "/mnt/MPD/NAS/NAME"
mount -t cifs "//IP/SHARE" "/mnt/MPD/NAS/NAME" -o noauto,username=USER,password=PASSWORD,iocharset=utf8

NFS:
mount -t nfs "IP:/SHARE" "/mnt/MPD/NAS/NAME" -o defaults,noauto,bg,soft,timeo=5

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby bnilsson » 06 Nov 2020, 14:13

Thanks for fixing the issues so fast in the latest update.
However, there is still a small problem with UPnP.
It works, but the name presented on the network is "UpMpd", not the System Environment Name.
And the symbolic UPnP icon is broken.

WiFi seems to be problematic.
I tried the pre-boot fix described in the introduction, edit BOOT/wifi0 and rename to wifi.
No luck.
Could my metal box be the problem?

BN
bnilsson

Postby pixel » 06 Nov 2020, 14:19

please need help. I have an HDMI display https://www.waveshare.com/wiki/5inch_HDMI_LCD_(H)
badly displayed. The top and bottom bar are not visible.¨
I have set:
max_usb_current = 1
hdmi_group = 2
hdmi_mode = 87
hdmi_cvt 800 480 60 6 0 0 0
Attachments
RuneAudio-RuneUI-Playback.png
RuneAudio-RuneUI-Playback.png (223.62 KiB) Viewed 927 times
pixel

Postby ceejayemm » 06 Nov 2020, 16:16

@Rern

Applied update 20201106 which fixed the problem with the RPI Browser Zoom setting BUT it also seems to have turned on the Mouse Pointer. I now have to turn ON the mouse pointer setting to get rid of the mouse pointer - if that makes sense.

Also applying the update via the RPI browser on the touch screen seemed to create '/srv/http/data/addons/update' rather than '/srv/http/data/addons/rre6' so updates were continuously available. Applied updates via Windows 10 browser which correctly created/updated '/srv/http/data/addons/rre6'.

@Pixel - click along the top edge of you coverart to bring up the menu options, click the gearwheel to open the settings menu and then select the Playback option. Select the 'Top-Bottom Bars' / 'Bars always on' and this should bring the bars back on your Playback screen.

Chris
ceejayemm

Postby jsouza » 06 Nov 2020, 16:35

rern wrote:
jsouza wrote:

Try command lines to see errors:

CIFS:
mount -t cifs "//IP/SHARE" "/mnt/MPD/NAS/NAME" -o noauto,username=USER,password=PASSWORD,iocharset=utf8

NFS:

rern

Thanks rern. My share is cifs. Error I received that there was no entry in /etc/fstab, so I added that manually and then rebooted. After reboot, I see that the library is being updated. Maybe this'll work, but even if it does there is still an issue that causes the UI to hang. I'll post more info when I have it.
jsouza

Postby klassikmann » 06 Nov 2020, 17:25

Update R+R e6 20201106

There is a change in the playback view:
On a small screen, i.e. my smartphone in portrait-mode (not landscape), the time "circle" is not presented, even if set in the playback settings. Instead of the time "circle" the time progress bar is presented.

On a first use, I support this change.

klassikmann
RPI 3B + HifiBerry Digi+ Pro + rAudio-1
klassikmann

Postby jsouza » 06 Nov 2020, 17:41

jsouza wrote:
rern wrote:Try command lines to see errors:

CIFS:

NFS:

rern

Thanks rern. My share is cifs. Error I received that there was no entry in /etc/fstab, so I added that manually and then rebooted. After reboot, I see that the library is being updated. Maybe this'll work, but even if it does there is still an issue that causes the UI to hang. I'll post more info when I have it.

That did the trick and got me going. I'm just going to back away and not mess with the Sources UI for now. It's nice to know that I can just edit /etc/fstab to add shares to the library. I hadn't thought of that.
jsouza

Postby PhilHill » 06 Nov 2020, 18:55

Hi there,

upgraded today from 0.4b ? > +R6
Great Job, easy to configure.
Runs nicely with Pi3b / AlloBoss

Regards,
Phil.
PhilHill

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext