RuneAudio+R e6 - Network problem

Raspberry Pi related support

RuneAudio+R e6 - Network problem

Postby PenguinMusic » 11 Mar 2023, 17:25

Hi everyone,

RuneAudio is probably dead or this is not the place to look for support as obviously no one replies here...
I want to use it nonetheless as it is based on Arch and... well, I'm an arch user :-)

I will ask my question nonetheless.

I am using the latest (10 march 2023) RuneAudio+R e6 version on a Raspberry Pi4 Model B with 4GB RAM.
It is supposed to retrieve music from a NAS with a shared partition for Music.

If I go to "Settings = SQettings" and add a new share, it will detect the share and light up a small green icon in front of that new share.
I then start a scan of my music library.
It takes AGES !!!! So after a while I look in "Settings => system" again to find out that the NAS now has a red icon in front of it's name.
It does not turn to green unless I play with the "HotPlug" button underneath.

Any way to get a reliable connection to the NAS ?

Thansk a lot for your wise answers :-)

Regards.

FRED
PenguinMusic

Re: RuneAudio+R e6 - Network problem

Postby eea123 » 02 Apr 2023, 11:42

Sorry I did not see this sooner. I somewhat recently fought connection with my NAS as well. Let me go check what I ended up doing and will cross-post that here.

Edit: So it turns out it was an issue with the music subdirectory naming convention. One particular CD just wouldn't add to the MPD update, after I cut it from the NAS and readded with a different title form my local, the MPD rebuild picked it right up.

I want to say that I also detached and readded the NAS under "System" - "Storage". I haven't had to do that for a while.
eea123

Postby cmh714 » 02 Apr 2023, 15:43

cmh714

Postby James Kinard » 04 May 2023, 10:28

I wish you the best of luck on your adventure. Since almost the beginning of this garage system, I've had the pleasure of using an RPi 3B. I use an Allo DigiOne for two reasons: the previous RPi3s shared USB with ethernet, shell shockerswhich caused them to be quite noisy, and my older DAC only supports USB up to 96/24. Both of these constraints led me to choose the Allo DigiOne.
James Kinard

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi