RuneAudio+R e5

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio+R e5

Postby ceejayemm » 03 Sep 2020, 09:05

@rern

I applied this mornings update (20200903) but during the update an MPD error occurred but then the file copies seemed to work OK, see:

wget -q https://github.com/rern/RuneAudio-Re5/r ... install.sh
chmod 755 install.sh
./install.sh rre5 Update master

. Update RuneAudio+R e5 ...

MPD error: Failed to resolve host name
. Get files ...
. Install new files ...

/srv/http/addons-terminal.php
/srv/http/addons.php

On this occasion the NFS source mount point seems to have stayed in place:

root@RAAmp1+R e5:~ # df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
dev 193M 0 193M 0% /dev
run 229M 492K 229M 1% /run
/dev/mmcblk0p2 15G 2.3G 12G 17% /
tmpfs 229M 4.0K 229M 1% /dev/shm
tmpfs 4.0M 0 4.0M 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
tmpfs 229M 0 229M 0% /tmp
/dev/mmcblk0p1 99M 38M 61M 39% /boot
192.168.86.250:/export/Music/iTunes/Music 3.6T 687G 3.0T 19% /mnt/MPD/NAS/NAS_Music
tmpfs 46M 0 46M 0% /run/user/0
root@RAAmp1+R e5:~ #

However, when I accessed my Library after the update I got the dreaded 'No Data in This Location. Update for changes then try again'. I rebooted the PI and the Library now seems to be available to me. I did not rebuild the Library on this occasion and all my music seems to be available to me.

Regards.

Chris
ceejayemm

Postby rern » 03 Sep 2020, 13:26

Tips:

#1 - Connection to critical devices - Always setup by static IP addresses.
- URL names need translations to IP addresses.
- Sometime or somehow the translation software is not available.
- IP addresses are always there and ready without relying on any translations.

#2 - Assignment of static IP addresses - Always setup at the router unless there is a good reason not to.

Set at each device:
- IP addresses have to be in the same range of the router.
- IP addresses must not be duplicate of existing ones.
- IP address must be reconfigured on every OS reinstallation.
- A log is needed to manually update all assigned IP address-device data.

Set at the router:
- The router only allows reserved IP addresses in the same range.
- Reserved IP addresses are verified not to duplicate.
- The device always get the same IP address on every OS reinstallation without reconfigure.
- The router always keep the update log of all IP address-device data.

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby RolandBlaze » 03 Sep 2020, 17:05

@rern.

Latest update has completely messed up the interface when using spotify sadly, dont know how even to describe... spotify plays but the gui now shows no cover or pretty much anything else, then stop spotify playing but leaving it connected changes the gui to UPnP, then try disconnecting spotify and leaves me on same uPnP screen and cant choose any menus, buttons to change to back to using mpd etc. (I dont even have uPnP enabled in Rune).

Roland.
RuneAudio+R e6 20201108 
Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.
RolandBlaze

Postby ceejayemm » 03 Sep 2020, 18:21

@rern

Just to 'complete the circle', all my computers (including RPis) do have fixed IP addresses (through the router) regardless of operating system and whether they have wired or wireless connections. All their respective hostnames and IP Numbers are known by my DNS Server. Part of the issue seems to be that Arch-Linux does not consistently find the DNS server and also randomly updates the /etc/resolv.conf file - whether this is related to RA updates I cannot as yet prove. I know that using IP numbers directly gives the least hassle connections but in this day and age we should be able to use a more flexible connection method which to my mind, coming from working on/with a large distributed network for a prestigious higher educational institution, would be to be able to use hostnames reliably.

Best wishes

Chris
ceejayemm

Postby rern » 04 Sep 2020, 02:57

RolandBlaze wrote:Latest update has completely messed up the interface when using spotify sadly, dont know how even to describe... spotify plays but the gui now shows no cover or pretty much anything else, then stop spotify playing but leaving it connected changes the gui to UPnP, then try disconnecting spotify and leaves me on same uPnP screen and cant choose any menus, buttons to change to back to using mpd etc. (I dont even have uPnP enabled in Rune).

The update fixes Spotify glitches on page refresh by running it on CPU core #3 but forgot to exclude RPi Zero and 1.
If it's the case, try today's update again. Otherwise, click Spotify label in System page and post the status.

rern
Last edited by rern on 04 Sep 2020, 04:14, edited 1 time in total.
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby rern » 04 Sep 2020, 03:18

ceejayemm wrote:Just to 'complete the circle', all my computers (including RPis) do have fixed IP addresses (through the router) regardless of operating system and whether they have wired or wireless connections. All their respective hostnames and IP Numbers are known by my DNS Server. Part of the issue seems to be that Arch-Linux does not consistently find the DNS server and also randomly updates the /etc/resolv.conf file - whether this is related to RA updates I cannot as yet prove. I know that using IP numbers directly gives the least hassle connections but in this day and age we should be able to use a more flexible connection method which to my mind, coming from working on/with a large distributed network for a prestigious higher educational institution, would be to be able to use hostnames reliably.

The update restarted Avahi, a DNS service, which caused setup-by-name NAS disconnecting. A reboot brought it back.
I couldn't agree more on the reliable hostnames but we don't have a luxury of dedicated DNS servers.

rern
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby jppmedia » 04 Sep 2020, 06:42

Hello,
I cannot mount my hard disk which contains my music and which is connected to my box (freebox) in usb. I don't understand anything about the ip address and path to my hard drive. What syntax should I use to access my hard drive? I am French and I am using google to translate this post, please indulge me :)
thank you in advance
jp
I am using an rpi 3 with a hifiberry dac + card
jppmedia

Postby rern » 04 Sep 2020, 08:57

jppmedia wrote:I cannot mount my hard disk which contains my music and which is connected to my box (freebox) in usb. I don't understand anything about the ip address and path to my hard drive. What syntax should I use to access my hard drive? ...

USB drives are plug-and-play which mounted without doing anything.
Go to Settings > Sources and you'll see yours in the list, started with /mnt/MPD/USB/...
Normally it starts updating database by scanning all sources on first power on. Blinking Library icon is the updating status. If it did not, Settings > click an icon on the right of MPD to start. Wait until the blinking icon has stopped then all music will be available in Library.
Do the update again if you add or remove music files.

rern
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby jppmedia » 04 Sep 2020, 09:38

Yes I agree if my hard drive was plugged into my raspberry pi by usb, but my hard drive which contains my music is on the local network, by writing the ip address of the runeaudio box server does not find anything: )
jppmedia

Postby R101 » 04 Sep 2020, 10:16

@jppmedia

If you still have a problem using CIFS, check the Samba version in your Freebox. You might need vers=2.0 in the options field when you set up the source.
(Pi 3B, rAudio-1, JLS I2S over USB)
R101

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi