RuneAudio+R e5

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio+R e5

Postby kiko » 13 Oct 2020, 17:52

If found the issue with the missing audio.

The file missing are m4a.

This version does not seem to support m4a audio.
kiko

Postby cmh714 » 13 Oct 2020, 17:56

kiko wrote:If found the issue with the missing audio.

The file missing are m4a.

This version does not seem to support m4a audio.

Not 100% sure but I think m4a need ffmpeg enabled so see if that may be the case......
cmh714

Postby R101 » 13 Oct 2020, 18:10

RolandBlaze wrote:@r101

It seems time +R e5 got a dedicated forum space, and an entry on the main downloads page. It is certainly stable enough now.

Couldn't agree more! Sad that the forum Admins don't acknowledge his great work by doing this without us trying to prompt them (although they may have their reasons we are unware of).. the least they could do IMO.

Roland.

I can kind of understand that admins may not want to back an official release if there is only one maintainer, but there seems no reason not to have a dedicated +R forum heading, with separate threads for bug reports and wish lists etc.

Great work indeed.
(Pi 3B, rAudio-1, JLS I2S over USB)
R101

Postby ceejayemm » 14 Oct 2020, 21:01

Rern

Sorry for cryptic reply, PM not working for me at the moment. Yes but not until the weekend. Server links password protected, can you send to me.

Chris
ceejayemm

Postby rern » 15 Oct 2020, 04:47

Hi Chris,

Sent private messages stay in Outbox until they're read by the recipients. I've had the confusion as well but the feature is good though.

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby The Shocker » 23 Oct 2020, 17:05

rern wrote:(from another thread)
The Shocker wrote:...
I use mpd on 2 other machines in my house, and one of the great features of mpd is that you can set up mpd servers as satellite servers of your main mpd server. That allows the main server to share it's database and when you do updates, the updates run local on the main machine, making updating much faster. I don't see any way to setup Rune as a satellite server for mpd. Is this option available? If not, is it something that might be considered?

To explain the convenience of this. You still need to configure a music library, but you need to make sure that the music library has the same relative path to the music from the defined music library. Then you set up a satellite server and tell it the primary server. When you fire up mpd, it instantly knows about all your music. No need to scan anything. And if I kick off a scan of my music library from my PC, all my other mpd servers automagically™ get udpated also.

RuneAudio+R e5 queries and sorts each list modes info files to optimize performance. It'll be fine as long as R+R e5 is the primary server.
As you have other players running, anything to share in comparison would be interesting.

rern

I need Rune to be the sattellite server. I prefer the computer with the music on it locally be the master server.
The Shocker

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Previous

Return to Raspberry Pi