RuneAudio+R e5

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio+R e5

Postby holzboa » 28 Sep 2020, 13:56

rern wrote:(from another thread)
holzboa wrote:My Library shows all artists, composer,... but albums i only get one!
Already saw this in RuneAudioe4, i hoped to get albums back with a new version.
I did a full library update but sill it's one album only.

It might be some filenames or tags have non-utf8 characters.
Try:
- Find a couple music directories/folders with plain A-Z/a-z filenames and tags.
- Copy the directories/folders to /mnt/MPD/SD.
- Disconnect/Unmount all NAS sources.
- Update Library database.

It they show in Album, try mounting-updating one at a time.

rern

Thanks a lot - I'm still updating but after updating the first nfs-share I got 1495 albums!
holzboa

Postby Biedronek » 29 Sep 2020, 16:14

I have just switched from official releases to e5 and experienced a few issues. I wonder if these are known one something is wrong with my setup:
1.a dd'ed image to 8GB sd card and after boot did not find option to extent the fs (did it manually via cli),
1.b the auto-upgrade did not start once I resized partition, but frankly speaking I am not really sure if I rebooted afterwards. Manual update worked flawlessly,
2. cannot mount NFS through UI - it said it was mounted but that not really happened. Eventually did it form cli and things work fine,
3. controls (progress bar at least) do not get updated unless they are hoovered (Firefox). In similar way the number of seconds displayed refers to focus time rather than actual song elapsed time (progress bar is OK),
4. on mobile Safari there are no navigation tabs on top, and at the bottom they work but are not visible.
I used a binary image, not building from scratch.

And a quick question - what is the backend for GPIO management?
Biedronek

Postby rern » 30 Sep 2020, 14:47

@Biedronek,

1.a Try writing the image file with Etcher, as mentioned in the 1st post, instead of dd. The root partition will be expanded unless /boot/x.sh was deleted.
1.b Library update starts at initial boot for files in USB or SD. NAS was mounted later so it needs to be updated manually.
2. mount command by RuneAudio+R e5:
Code: Select all
# cifs
mount -t cifs "//IP_ADDRESS/SHARE" "/mnt/MPD/NAS/MOUNTPOINT" -o noauto,username=ID,password=PWD,uid=45,gid=45,iocharset=utf8

# nfs
mount -t nfs "IP_ADDRESS:/SHARE" "/mnt/MPD/NAS/MOUNTPOINT" -o defaults,noauto,bg,soft,timeo=5

3. Both are fine on my Firefox.
4. Settings > Playback > Bars on small screen.

There's no need for the top-bottom bars. Swipe to switch between pages and use coverart for playback controls then hide the bars altogether.

GPIO run with RPi.GPIO Python module.

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby Biedronek » 30 Sep 2020, 22:08

Thank you!
I am sorry for 4th, I once noticed that and then just forgot entirely.
As for 3 - I will see if I can reproduce, for now cannot observe the time being out of sync with progress bar either. That's good :-)

Regarding 2 both your and my commands work fine when typed in terminal, just from UI it does not work. Both sides are nfsv4. The blinking label says "Done" but mount command does not show new resource. Anyway, if no one else experiences this then it might be some local issue.
Biedronek

Postby AnaximanderThales » 01 Oct 2020, 21:13

AnaximanderThales wrote:Okay, Chris. Here's wherei am at now.

Tried a new download, burned the image and plugged everything up. Booted up just fine. Applied the update. Rotated the screen, and assigned the ip. I still do not have HDMI sound, not do I have a way to select HDMI.

Checking in the devices list, I have card0 and device0 set with headphones, and 8 unassigned sub devices.

Hardware mixer is only headphones.

And I've figured out my problem -- you would not have been able to figure it out based on what I had listed. I have a 7" touch screen installed on my pi. This uses the DSI display port. HDMI and DSI do not play together without enabling OpenGL Desktop full kms.

To enable this, get to a ssh to pi. At prompt sudo raspi-config.
Select Advanced Options -> GL Driver (a forum I found also said 'Graphics') -> GL (Full KMS) OpenGL desktop driver with Full KMS.

I have something else installed at the moment while troubleshooting the problem. I'll verify that I get a display in the TFT with this setting on RuneAudio, but at the moment, I have a blank tft.
AnaximanderThales

Postby jsouza » 02 Oct 2020, 20:10

I'm running the latest available +R e5 release (20200927) and once again the library builder is giving up the ghost when I rebuild the MPD database. My NAS shares should have about 35,000 FLAC files but the MPD database in RuneAudio is showing only about 13,000. I saw an earlier response where rern said "It might be some filenames or tags have non-utf8 characters." My question is, is there any way to know which file(s) are causing issues when building the database? If I knew which files were problematic then I could easily go fix the tags, but as it is now I have no way of knowing. Thanks.

-Joe
jsouza

Postby rern » 03 Oct 2020, 06:54

holzboa wrote:...
Thanks a lot - I'm still updating but after updating the first nfs-share I got 1495 albums!

jsouza wrote:I'm running the latest available +R e5 release (20200927) and once again the library builder is giving up the ghost when I rebuild the MPD database. My NAS shares should have about 35,000 FLAC files but the MPD database in RuneAudio is showing only about 13,000. I saw an earlier response where rern said "It might be some filenames or tags have non-utf8 characters." My question is, is there any way to know which file(s) are causing issues when building the database? If I knew which files were problematic then I could easily go fix the tags, but as it is now I have no way of knowing. Thanks.

Please copy-all > paste and post the result:
Code: Select all
list() {
    echo mpc stats
    mpc stats | head -3
    echo mpc list
    echo artists = $( mpc list artist | grep . | wc -l )
    echo aibums = $( mpc list album | grep . | wc -l )
    echo titles = $( mpc list title | grep . | wc -l )
}
list

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby R101 » 04 Oct 2020, 19:47

I have noticed that the cover art is out of step with the track information when listening to Paradise Radio. Anyone else have this?
(Pi 3B, rAudio-1, JLS I2S over USB)
R101

Postby rawdevice » 05 Oct 2020, 10:56

R101 wrote:I have noticed that the cover art is out of step with the track information when listening to Paradise Radio. Anyone else have this?

Confirm I have the same issue.

RuneAudio e5 20201004 • RuneAudio
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Rev 1.1

https://paste.pics/AB1H9

RawDevice
rawdevice

Postby R101 » 05 Oct 2020, 12:00

rawdevice wrote:
Confirm I have the same issue.

RuneAudio e5 20201004 • RuneAudio
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Rev 1.1

https://paste.pics/AB1H9

RawDevice

Thanks for confirming. If it's not fixed in a couple of days, it might be worth registering a bug here:

https://radioparadise.com/community/forum/topic/2705

There might not be many other players which are affected.
(Pi 3B, rAudio-1, JLS I2S over USB)
R101

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi