RuneAudio+R e5

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio+R e5

Postby rern » 25 Sep 2020, 03:12

@matt,

.mpdignore files created by:
    - Context menu Exclude directory
    - Update Library database with Include CUE sheets selected

For *.cue directories, subdirectories inside will be included in the files by the update. *.cue directories can not be placed inside another *.cue directory.

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby matt » 25 Sep 2020, 05:02

rern
any idea how I can get the missing folder to show up? The albums appear under the albums tab but when I click on them it says no data in this location.
The band name is also listed in the artists tab.
matt

Postby AnaximanderThales » 25 Sep 2020, 22:50

I'm having some issues finding out about enabling HDMI support. I see several people mention having it, but I'm not seeing where and how it's actually configured.

Based on poking around, it seems I'll need to add something to my /boot/config.txt file. The only item I've found that specifically mentions a file is from RA-beta0.3. It's one line in the /boot/config.txt file. Also, since it's linux based and using alsa, I would imagine I need to configure an HDMI output in the /etc/alsa/20-bluealsa.conf. I'm not confident on the alsa config, as that seems to pertain to bluetooth, but it's what I would have edited prior to moving to pulseaudio on my linux boxes.

It also appears that I may need to add a line or two in my /etc/mpd.conf file as well.

That said -- what am I adding. Raspberry pi has quite a lot of HDMI settings, but I'm not sure if I need to add all, add some, or just add one line. I've dabble in MPD a while back, but I was using pulseaudio during that time, so I have no alsa config information for MPD.

Where do I find what to add and to which files I add them to.

Thanks,
Anaximander Thales.
AnaximanderThales

Postby rern » 27 Sep 2020, 07:25

(from another thread)
holzboa wrote:My Library shows all artists, composer,... but albums i only get one!
Already saw this in RuneAudioe4, i hoped to get albums back with a new version.
I did a full library update but sill it's one album only.

It might be some filenames or tags have non-utf8 characters.
Try:
- Find a couple music directories/folders with plain A-Z/a-z filenames and tags.
- Copy the directories/folders to /mnt/MPD/SD.
- Disconnect/Unmount all NAS sources.
- Update Library database.

It they show in Album, try mounting-updating one at a time.

rern
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby rern » 27 Sep 2020, 07:36

matt wrote:rern
any idea how I can get the missing folder to show up? The albums appear under the albums tab but when I click on them it says no data in this location.
The band name is also listed in the artists tab.

In /srv/http/data/mpd/album, find and post the line with the album name.

Hi Anaximander Thales,

HDMI needs no setup. Just plug it in.

rern
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby ceejayemm » 27 Sep 2020, 09:17

Hi @rern

I updated to 20200927 this morning and can confirm the spurious GPIO icon on the playback page has gone.

During the update I noticed a few 'databases' were being updated and once the update completed (with no apparent errors) I could see that the icon set used on the Library main page has changed. You used to provide a list of items that changed on such an update but recently this has been simply the generic 'Bug Fixes'. Can we get back to knowing what has actually changed with each release, if only to know what to look out / for / test if necessary ? Have I 'noticed' all the changes in this release ?

Thanks again for your great efforts.

Chris
ceejayemm

Postby AnaximanderThales » 27 Sep 2020, 13:28

rern wrote:
matt wrote:rern
Hi Anaximander Thales,

HDMI needs no setup. Just plug it in.

rern

Thank you for your reply. I was worried that that would be the answer.

Since this is my first foray into setting up RA, please allow me to make sure I'm on the same page. I have a Raspberry Pi 3B. I loaded the image to the SD Card and then booted the Pi (HDMI not plugged in). I ran the update per the suggestion. Buttoned the housing up, then plugged a drive in that has my music on it. After database is populated, I plugged the HDMI in. No Sound. I poked through the System settings and see the output device reads as onboard - headphone. I went to the MPD settings page hoping to be able to set that, and only have headphones as an option for Audio Output. Looking at the Config file output at the bottom of the MPD Settings, and it only show MPD set up as headphones, with no options for HDMI.

What I have above is expected (other than no audio) and what I should see in the configuration files.

Is that correct?
AnaximanderThales

Postby ceejayemm » 27 Sep 2020, 14:19

@Anaximander

Try rebooting the PI with your HDMI device plugged in so that it gets recognised at boot time. The HDMI device should then be available to select under the MPD settings along with the headphone settings.

Chris
ceejayemm

Postby AnaximanderThales » 27 Sep 2020, 21:36

ceejayemm wrote:@Anaximander

Try rebooting the PI with your HDMI device plugged in so that it gets recognised at boot time. The HDMI device should then be available to select under the MPD settings along with the headphone settings.

Chris

Hello Chris,

I would like to say that worked. It did not. I attempted several reboots, one of which occurred after today's update.

I'm going to try to download the image again? I don't remember seeing checksum values (I'll definitely look), but if you have them, I can verify the download. Additionally, this gives me the opportunity to connect everything prior to that first boot.
AnaximanderThales

Postby AnaximanderThales » 28 Sep 2020, 00:14

Okay, Chris. Here's wherei am at now.

Tried a new download, burned the image and plugged everything up. Booted up just fine. Applied the update. Rotated the screen, and assigned the ip. I still do not have HDMI sound, not do I have a way to select HDMI.

Checking in the devices list, I have card0 and device0 set with headphones, and 8 unassigned sub devices.

Hardware mixer is only headphones.
AnaximanderThales

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi