Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio+R e5

Postby rern » 25 Aug 2020, 12:51

Setup Issues
To narrow down:
    - Fresh install
    - Power on
    - Do not setup or restore anything
    - Try WebRadio from default list (no listening required)
    - Update via Addons
    - Setup I2S DAC
    - Try WebRadio again
    - Connect NAS

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby cmh714 » 26 Aug 2020, 05:16

So did another fresh install....basically this is where the UI went south on me:
I installed, updated, configured etc. with lots of reboots and all good. I imported some webradio stations and played them,and still all good. Then went to Save the current playlist and still seemed OK.....then went to change the Play UI settings and then I lost the UI.....hth
cmh714

Postby dmitrich » 26 Aug 2020, 05:59

Hello! Thank you, *rern*, you are doing a great work! But I have a small question to you. Are you planning support for a new Hifiberry product called "Hifiberry DAC2 HD"? Here is link - https://www.hifiberry.com/docs/data-sheets/datasheet-dac-hd/
It's supported by the linux kernel from 4.19.97 and use dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplushd in config.txt but I can't see it on the device list in runeaudio settings.
Thank you!
Raspberry Pi 4B - Hifiberry DAC2 HD - Hypex nCore AMP
dmitrich

Postby R101 » 26 Aug 2020, 09:27

Hi rern,

Pi4B with e5 image:

After following your instructions, it seems the problem I have with no embedded cover art from the radio streams is related to the wifi interface. If I use the on-board wifi, which selects wlan0, I get the cover art. If I use a dongle, which selects wlp1s0u1u1, there is no cover art but audio and embedded text work OK.

Unfortunately, the on-board wifi does not work reliably for me in the Pi's normal location, and a dongle does.

This problem did not occur with the final version of e4 on the Pi4, using the wlp1s0u1u1 interface. A Pi3 running e5 seems to allocate wlan0 to the dongle when on-board wifi is disabled, so it works, but I get problems with the bottleneck at the USB ports.
(Pi 3B, rAudio-1, JLS I2S over USB)
R101

Postby RolandBlaze » 26 Aug 2020, 13:03

rern wrote:Setup Issues
To narrow down:
    - Fresh install
    - Power on
    - Do not setup or restore anything
    - Try WebRadio from default list (no listening required)
    - Update via Addons
    - Setup I2S DAC
    - Try WebRadio again
    - Connect NAS

rern

@rern. Thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated.

Did all the above and it did not seem to work. My NAS as such is very basic is just a 2.5" drive plugged into a OpenWRT router build, so not sure if this has anything to do with my issue, and maybe should have mentioned previously.

I added "sec=ntlmssp" in addition to "vers=2.0" and now mounts and works again :D . Would have replied earlier but appears the forum was down for some time.

Would also like to say that this latest version appears much quicker when using from my tablet and dont have to wait around 10 secs for runeaudio to respond anymore, which is fantastic!! :)

One very small issue I have found is that on my tablet, when choosing big album cover, with no visable buttons (top left button on cover) it changes to that screen but has the help overlay come up at the same time (top middle button on cover), and I have to click it to go away. (Chrome browser on Galaxy Tab A). But that seems the only issue so far, so thanks very much for the great work and striving to improve it all the time.. the project would be dead in the water without you!!

Roland.
RuneAudio+R e6 20201108 
Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.
RolandBlaze

Postby Ears of Tin » 26 Aug 2020, 15:38

Rune +R e5 works great for me. Kicked off the download, walked to the store for a fresh SD card, imaged the new card and booted in my Rpi3B with HifiBerry DAC+. Easy network connection because I followed the suggestion to edit the boot wifi0 file.

Mounted my local NAS, played files from it, made and saved a playlist. Added a web radio station. That’s the limit of how I use a music server and everything worked.

A few comments: when building the library keep your hands off till Rune is done. Rune is faster and sturdier than Volumio during this process but bad UI behavior will often result until it finishes. My suggestion is to attach a small sample directory, then configure and test before adding your entire library. Regarding the library display I will remove most of the categories. I am not a tagger and I play exclusively from files. Speaking only for myself its a waste to build these indexes. Wish I could turn it off.

Now some lightly negative feedback. I am a big fan of Rune. I also use Volumio and Moode but Rune is always on my main system. Frequently a newbie asks what distribution they should use. I recommend Rune v0.5 (which met all my needs very well) but isn’t compatible with the Rpi4 they just unwrapped. Or maybe they looked at the website on their own and ran away when they saw the latest official download is v0.3-beta (29/10/2014). If I say give Rune+Re(n) a try, they say too beta for me – look at all those techie problems in the comments!

I think Rune is the best product of the three. But it’s invisible to the market. The new Rune +R is working well – it’s time to put it in the front window of the store!

Now I’m off to hit the tip jar. Thanks for the great work.
Ears of Tin

Postby cmh714 » 27 Aug 2020, 01:43

cmh714 wrote:So did another fresh install....basically this is where the UI went south on me:
I installed, updated, configured etc. with lots of reboots and all good. I imported some webradio stations and played them,and still all good. Then went to Save the current playlist and still seemed OK.....then went to change the Play UI settings and then I lost the UI.....hth

@rern, narrowed the issue down a bit further, all is good until I remove Cover Art from the Playback UI settings. After that, I just get the RuneAudio screen and logo.
cmh714

Postby rern » 27 Aug 2020, 06:23

dmitrich wrote:... Are you planning support for a new Hifiberry product called "Hifiberry DAC2 HD"? ...

No I'm not planning but it's done. Try today's update.

R101 wrote:...
After following your instructions, it seems the problem I have with no embedded cover art from the radio streams is related to the wifi interface. If I use the on-board wifi, which selects wlan0, I get the cover art. If I use a dongle, which selects wlp1s0u1u1, there is no cover art but audio and embedded text work OK.

Unfortunately, the on-board wifi does not work reliably for me in the Pi's normal location, and a dongle does.

This problem did not occur with the final version of e4 on the Pi4, using the wlp1s0u1u1 interface. A Pi3 running e5 seems to allocate wlan0 to the dongle when on-board wifi is disabled, so it works, but I get problems with the bottleneck at the USB ports.

WebRadio coverarts are fetched from Last.fm, not the streams. Since audio and metadata work, your internet connection is fine. It's more of the missing coverarts not available at Last.fm than the dongle issue.

Ears of Tin wrote:... Regarding the library display I will remove most of the categories. I am not a tagger and I play exclusively from files. Speaking only for myself its a waste to build these indexes. Wish I could turn it off.

RuneAudio+R e5 needs MPD database to run even in file mode.

cmh714 wrote:... narrowed the issue down a bit further, all is good until I remove Cover Art from the Playback UI settings. After that, I just get the RuneAudio screen and logo.

Fixed.

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby klassikmann » 27 Aug 2020, 08:35

Update RuneAudio+e5 20200827

FWIW: The update protocol starts with
Code: Select all
wget -q https://github.com/rern/RuneAudio-Re5/raw/master/install.sh
chmod 755 install.sh
./install.sh rre5 Update master
Job for avahi-daemon.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See "systemctl status avahi-daemon.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

Code: Select all
root@runeaudio+R e5:~ # systemctl status avahi-daemon.service
* avahi-daemon.service - Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD Stack
     Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/avahi-daemon.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
    Drop-In: /etc/systemd/system/avahi-daemon.service.d
             `-override.conf
     Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2020-08-27 09:13:37 CEST; 2min 22s ago
TriggeredBy: * avahi-daemon.socket
    Process: 392 ExecStart=/usr/bin/avahi-daemon -s (code=exited, status=255/EXCEPTION)
   Main PID: 392 (code=exited, status=255/EXCEPTION)

Aug 27 09:13:36 runeaudio systemd[1]: Starting Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD Stack...
Aug 27 09:13:37 runeaudio avahi-daemon[392]: Invalid configuration key "use-ip6" in group "server"
Aug 27 09:13:37 runeaudio systemd[1]: avahi-daemon.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=255/EXCEPTION
Aug 27 09:13:37 runeaudio systemd[1]: avahi-daemon.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Aug 27 09:13:37 runeaudio systemd[1]: Failed to start Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD Stack.

"http://runeaudio.local" still works.

Overall no problems with e5 here.

klassikmann
RPI 3B + HifiBerry Digi+ Pro + rAudio-1
klassikmann

Postby R101 » 27 Aug 2020, 09:58

rern wrote:
R101 wrote:...

WebRadio coverarts are fetched from Last.fm, not the streams. Since audio and metadata work, your internet connection is fine. It's more of the missing coverarts not available at Last.fm than the dongle issue.

Thanks for the reply, rern,

With e5, if I use on-board wifi, I get cover art. If I use the dongle, I don't.

What is different? Is it to do with permissions, or something? Why does the same Pi4 and the same dongle work with e4?
(Pi 3B, rAudio-1, JLS I2S over USB)
R101

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi