RuneAudio+R e4

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio+R e4

Postby cycl157 » 21 Jul 2020, 17:09

I seem to have lost the ability to play tracks in a playlist in random order. The shuffle button will show that it's on, but not actually shuffle, and if I refresh the page (from another computer) after selecting the button to turn off it still shows on.

I did update to 20200720. I had not noticed this before. I did reboot, just in case that might help, but no difference.
cycl157

Postby ceejayemm » 21 Jul 2020, 17:47

Rern

Looking through the dmesg logs, I see there are failures like:

[ 25.841380] snd-rpi-simple soc:sound: ASoC: failed to init link MerusAmp: -517

and it seems as though Volumio are also having similar problems with the Merus Amp HAT and the latest kernel drivers, see:

https://github.com/volumio/Volumio2/issues/1990

Might give you some clues ? I have attached a dmesg log file for you to see.

Thanks

Chris
Attachments
dmesg.zip
(12.79 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
ceejayemm

Postby eggshell » 21 Jul 2020, 21:38

Hi rern,

What happened to the GPIO Add-on? Just ordered 2 relays :)

Andreas
eggshell

Postby rern » 22 Jul 2020, 05:09

Sonic wrote:Made a discovery concerning the sometime problem of not being able to access the system page, and possibly the recently reported webradio issue.
I don’t know whether deleting and reimporting the webradio files after an update will resolve the reported issues some are having with webradio files. But mine are working.

It's the missing /srv/http/data/addons/rre4 which was restored when Addons page reloaded.

Garrido33 wrote:
Garrido33 wrote:Update 20200718

Return of an issue previously fixed : when trying to open system settings, the Runeaudio page flashes indefinitely (both on touch screen and web interface).

Please post result of:
Code: Select all
/srv/http/bash/system-data.sh | jq .

Just tried it and I got an error message:
Code: Select all
cat: /srv/http/data/addons/rre4: No such file or directory
parse error: Expected value before ',' at line 1, column 1361

Try update again. It will restore the missing file.

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby rern » 22 Jul 2020, 07:03

Beelzebassie wrote:Had the same error as Klassikmann, wrote a fresh image, and now I cannot make contact with my NAS via NFS.

When I try to mount, Rune adds quotation marks to the IP-address: 192.168.1.10 becomes "192.168.1.10

jaygothard wrote:...
2. I cannot mount a NAS share. I enter all of the pertinent information and then nothing happens. The information that I am using works on other MPDs including earlier version of Rune, but no luck in this version. I searched the forum and someone else had the same issue. He said he was able to mount the NAS manually, but I'm not sure how to do that.

Fixed.

steffe wrote:... but I have an issue with Spotify. I edited /etc/spotifyd.conf with my username and password, and I can see that spotifyd is active. The problem is that I cannot find, in the RuneAudio interface, where to select the music from Spotify. In the old system I had a place in the central tab to switch from MDP to Spotify, and also in the Library tab there was an icon I could click to access Spotify playlists. Now I just cannot find any way to access Spotify. ...

Do not edit the file.
Just enable Spotify in System page. Then, from Spotify app, select runeaudio as target device.

cycl157 wrote:I seem to have lost the ability to play tracks in a playlist in random order. The shuffle button will show that it's on, but not actually shuffle, and if I refresh the page (from another computer) after selecting the button to turn off it still shows on.

Fixed.

ceejayemm wrote:...
Looking through the dmesg logs, I see there are failures like:

[ 25.841380] snd-rpi-simple soc:sound: ASoC: failed to init link MerusAmp: -517

and it seems as though Volumio are also having similar problems with the Merus Amp HAT and the latest kernel drivers, see:

https://github.com/volumio/Volumio2/issues/1990

Image files in the 1st post have been updated to latest packages and kernel, 5.4.51. Please try it. If it's still no, we have to wait for the new driver in next kernel.
Anyone with update troubles should try the updated image files as well.

eggshell wrote:What happened to the GPIO Add-on? Just ordered 2 relays :)

No longer an addon but a feature in System page.

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby steffe » 22 Jul 2020, 08:12

steffe wrote:
... but I have an issue with Spotify. I edited /etc/spotifyd.conf with my username and password, and I can see that spotifyd is active. The problem is that I cannot find, in the RuneAudio interface, where to select the music from Spotify. In the old system I had a place in the central tab to switch from MDP to Spotify, and also in the Library tab there was an icon I could click to access Spotify playlists. Now I just cannot find any way to access Spotify. ...

Do not edit the file.
Just enable Spotify in System page. Then, from Spotify app, select runeaudio as target device.

Thanks, it works perfectly!
steffe

Postby ceejayemm » 22 Jul 2020, 10:35

Rern

Thanks for the very fast response to my problem. I have downloaded and flashed the SD card with the new Pi Zero version form Post 1 and this seems to have cured the problems I was having with the Merus Amp. I have completed the setup, updated my library and the PI/Merus is playing quite happliy whilst writing this note.

There is however one small, very minor, issue. If I try to update the CoverArt in the Library I get:

wget -q
chmod 755
./
! Install file download failed.
Please try again.

This isn't a major issue for me so long as the music plays - which it continues to do.

Many thanks again, keep up your great work.

Chris
ceejayemm

Postby R101 » 22 Jul 2020, 21:35

@rern

I have just tried a fresh install, using the wifi profile generator for fixed IP and hidden SSID, and it worked perfectly.

The only bug to report is that the Webradio Change Cover Art option does not work. The new logo disappears from the Library entry and does not appear in the playback page.
(Pi 3B, rAudio-1, JLS I2S over USB)
R101

Postby ceejayemm » 23 Jul 2020, 09:19

@R101

I don't have your problem with changing Web Radio coverarts. The radio stations and logos I setup yesterday on my new PI Zero W have remianed in place when I started the PI this morning.

@Rern
I do however have a problem with the Addons page. When the pI started this morning the Cog Wheel in the main menu had a red dot on it (to indicate new addons ?) so I went to the Addons page but it only displayed the little bar graph of the free disk space and nothing else.

Chris
ceejayemm

Postby klassikmann » 23 Jul 2020, 09:37

ceejayemm wrote:...
@Rern
I do however have a problem with the Addons page. When the pI started this morning the Cog Wheel in the main menu had a red dot on it (to indicate new addons ?) so I went to the Addons page but it only displayed the little bar graph of the free disk space and nothing else.

Same here. A fresh installation using the updated image (1st post) solves the problem.
Edit: The solution is valid only once. A second try to update causes the problem described by Chris.

klassikmann
RPI 3B + HifiBerry Digi+ Pro + rAudio-1
klassikmann

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi