RuneAudio+R e4

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio+R e4

Postby Russ » 03 Jul 2020, 11:29

rern wrote:
Russ wrote:.... I downloaded RuneAudio+R_e4-RPi0-1.img.xz versions on June 29 and July 1 and both do not have WiFi AP pre-configured. Pretty serious issue since RPi Zero needs the WiFi AP to configure RuneAudio+R e4. Tried twice on both downloaded images to set WiFi access manually using /boot/wifi.txt and netctl but no success. Adding the wifi.txt file to /boot resulted in a WIFI profile file in /etc/netctl directory but systemctl reports that service failed to start. I gave up.
And coming back to networking issues, WiFi configuration on the RPi2-3 is not like on earlier versions. Is there is a way to delete WiFi profile in the UI once created? I had to ssh in to delete it.

Pre-configured RPi access point - Pre-configure Wi-Fi connection by wifi file, without .txt extension, in BOOT is much less complicated. Use the RPi access point only when there's no other options.
Wi-Fi profile removal - Tap Wi-Fi icon in Wi-Fi list page for removal or IP settings.

rern

Sorry Rern if I did not make myself clear. Yes I did add a filename 'wifi' (without the txt, [confusedly typed the post with .txt]) both by writing on SD from PC and through terminal interface using physical keyboard and monitor. The problem is only with the images for Raspberry Pi Zero. (RPi 3B+ no problem at all.) And since I was in terminal mode, I checked if the wifi profile file was automatically created in the /etc/netctl directory after booting with wifi file in /boot - the profile was created correctly. I then did a systemctl status netctl@xxx.service and it reports error. Again, the problem is with Pi Zero images. I have done this for both the June 29 and July 3 images I downloaded and no success.

I spent almost the whole of yesterday trying to get the RA+R e4 up on the Pi Zero but could not get into the UI. There should be a way since you have a button in your settings for "Browser on RPi" which I assume would put the UI on the HDMI terminal. But I don't know how to switch that on via command line.

With regards to wifi on Raspberry Pi 3 B+, yes I have clicked on the wifi icon in the network settings and it will bring up the wifi scanning and the '+' for manual setting. But I still cannot find any way to delete a profile.

Anyway, just giving my feedback since I'm running multiple setup (a Pi2 and Pi3 in the office and another Pi2 and Pi3 at home. ) All of them have been upgraded to RA+R e4 (from RA+R e3 and Rune Audio 0.5b.) My Pi Zeros are still running on Rune Audio 0.5b because of the problem encountered. My interest in your RA+R e4 is to prepare for a NanoSound One and Pi4 coming in next month.

So far I am impressed with your RA+R e4. I think the 5.4.45 kernel makes the sounds slightly better. Keep up the good work!
Russ

Postby R101 » 03 Jul 2020, 11:39

@rern

After the latest update and a reboot, the playback display menu does not work. If I disable the volume control, the cover art is enabled. If I disable the cover art, the volume control is enabled.
(Pi 3B, rAudio-1, JLS I2S over USB)
R101

Postby rern » 03 Jul 2020, 12:38

Russ wrote:...
I spent almost the whole of yesterday trying to get the RA+R e4 up on the Pi Zero but could not get into the UI. There should be a way since you have a button in your settings for "Browser on RPi" which I assume would put the UI on the HDMI terminal. But I don't know how to switch that on via command line.

With regards to wifi on Raspberry Pi 3 B+, yes I have clicked on the wifi icon in the network settings and it will bring up the wifi scanning and the '+' for manual setting. But I still cannot find any way to delete a profile.

The Browser on RPi is too much for Zero so there's no switch/option to enable the feature.
Since you could use command line on RPi Zero, Try wifi-menu command to connect Wi-Fi.
Below is Wi-Fi list page captured from RPi Zero which just downloaded, flashed, edited wifi file and run.

post.jpg
post.jpg (53.31 KiB) Viewed 2473 times

- Connected - green dot as indicator (also a saved profile)
- Saved but not connected - SD card icon as indicator
- Tap Wi-Fi icon of each saved profile to configure IP or delete/forget.
- Tap Saved Profile to list saved profiles with contents.

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby Reliang268 » 06 Jul 2020, 03:10

Hi I am new to this Runeaudio or raspberry pi. Can anyone help tp explain how to use the function Access Point (AP). I am able to connect to this wifi hotspot but what to do next?
I think it is a good ideal to have the rpi with AP when there is no Ethernet hard wire connection available (example at hotel room) to assist in wifi setup the rpi.

Hardware: Rpi 4b 8gb
Software: RuneAudio+Re4 (latest fw)
USB audio dac: Topping D10

Thanks,
Reliang268

Postby cmh714 » 06 Jul 2020, 05:08

Once connected to the AP, you can then use a Browser and open the IP so you can see and use the UI.

You can also use the app https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .runeaudio
cmh714

Postby Russ » 06 Jul 2020, 07:06

rern wrote:...

The Browser on RPi is too much for Zero so there's no switch/option to enable the feature.
Since you could use command line on RPi Zero, Try wifi-menu command to connect Wi-Fi.
Below is Wi-Fi list page captured from RPi Zero which just downloaded, flashed, edited wifi file and run.
rern

The wifi-menu did not worked for me. Since your downloaded image worked for you, I downloaded and flashed the image again and re-read the instructions. Maybe it was my copy of the image or not using unix compliant text editor (to edit wifi) but all is working good now. And also the instructions for deleting wifi profile, thank you very much.
Russ

Postby Reliang268 » 06 Jul 2020, 11:55

cmh714 wrote:Once connected to the AP, you can then use a Browser and open the IP so you can see and use the UI.

Thanks, but my actual objective is to use the AP to open the Runeaudio UI and then scan the available router wifi for connection without using ethernet cable. This step is important when ethernet cable connection is not available.

Thanks,
Reliang268

Postby Reliang268 » 06 Jul 2020, 11:55

cmh714 wrote:Once connected to the AP, you can then use a Browser and open the IP so you can see and use the UI.

Thanks, but my actual objective is to use the AP to open the Runeaudio UI and then scan the available router wifi for connection without using ethernet cable. This step is important when ethernet cable connection is not available.

Thanks,
Reliang268

Postby Jules382 » 06 Jul 2020, 13:25

Hi Rern.

Firstly many thanks for all of your work on this excellent player. I really love it. Very much appreciated.

I am unable to enable Bit Perfect playback, when I try I get the pop up and the toggle moves across and goes blue, a second later the toggle moves back across and goes grey again. I have tried various settings but cannot get it to work. Could you help please.

System is:
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2
Rune Audio E4 20200703
Arcam irDAC II
Connecting to LAN using WiFi

Are there any plans to enable LASTFM scrobbling in the future?

Many thanks again.

Jules
Jules382

Postby rern » 07 Jul 2020, 15:06

Reliang268 wrote:...
..., but my actual objective is to use the AP to open the Runeaudio UI and then scan the available router wifi for connection without using ethernet cable. This step is important when ethernet cable connection is not available.

https://www.runeaudio.com/forum/runeaudio-r-e4-t7084.html#p29839

Jules382 wrote:...
I am unable to enable Bit Perfect playback, when I try I get the pop up and the toggle moves across and goes blue, a second later the toggle moves back across and goes grey again. I have tried various settings but cannot get it to work. ...
Are there any plans to enable LASTFM scrobbling in the future?

A fix for the Bit Perfect bug and and last.fm scrobbler will be included with next update.

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi