RuneAudio+R e3

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio+R e3

Postby klassikmann » 05 Apr 2020, 08:54

@rern
klassikmann wrote:@R101 @rern
R101 wrote:I am having some problems after today's update. Radio streams without metadata do not show the station name as it used to, and after about 40 minutes the sound started to drop out. Rune then ground to a halt and would not respond at all until after a reboot via ssh.

I have to strenghten the problem. The webradio is played as a UPnP source with no chance to delete the playlist besides a "mpc clear".

Let me explain the problem in more detail and why I urgently need the former behaviour.

My webradios are in fact no mp3,aac,... streams from the internet but streams provided by my SAT-TV receiver, which is an UPnP-server, but provides all live and recorded content via a built-in Twonky server as fixed URLs describing "MPEG Transport Streams" (.ts) containing MPEG1 Layer 2 (.mp2) as an elementary stream. Some of the radio stations modelled as .ts contain AC3 as a second elementary stream. MPD is using ffmpeg to examine the transport stream and some seconds later RuneAudio begins to play the .mp2 part. All of these webradios have coverarts attached and using RuneAudio they can be added, deleted, replaced from/to playlists. This was the situation until the last update. But today I have to clear the playlist using a bash command ("mpc clear"). The behaviour to play radio is no more "family friendly".

btw.: I tried to investigate the problem setting the log_level in mpd.conf to "verbose". But: Where can I find the mpd log-file? The one in /var/log is very old.

klassikmann
RPI 3B + HifiBerry Digi+ Pro + rAudio-1
klassikmann

Postby rern » 05 Apr 2020, 09:19

Update 29200405

WebRadio switches to UPnP mode - Fixed.
I2S setting bug - Fixed.

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby klassikmann » 05 Apr 2020, 09:48

rern wrote:Update 29200405

No change.

klassikmann
klassikmann

Postby ceejayemm » 05 Apr 2020, 09:50

Rern

I am afraid your fix this morning (29200405) for Web Radios appearing as UPnP DO NOT fix my problem (reported 1st April) with web radio stations being sourced via MininServer.

Also the order of items on the System page seems to have been reversed, with Features at the top and Environment at the bottom.

Chris
ceejayemm

Postby vennesch » 05 Apr 2020, 10:11

With latest update my upnp/Tidal problems are gone! I can play everything again! Weird thing is that upnp only works when I leave the tidal credits blank.

One more ''problem'' I can only up to 320kbps...
On any other device I can play Flac files (Tidal hifi tier). It does not matter if I set upnp to lossless, high or low, it just behaves the same.
vennesch

Postby rern » 05 Apr 2020, 11:57

klassikmann wrote:

No change.

klassikmann

Try disable UPnP before playing a WebRadio.
R+R e3 identifies streams as WebRadio or UPnP by their URLs. If they contain private IPs, they're UPnP.

Someone who knows how to detect UPnP state, play/pause/stop, please advise.

ceejayemm wrote:...
I am afraid your fix this morning (29200405) for Web Radios appearing as UPnP DO NOT fix my problem (reported 1st April) with web radio stations being sourced via MininServer.

Also the order of items on the System page seems to have been reversed, with Features at the top and Environment at the bottom.

Is there a reason to relay your Webradios via MininServer?

The reordering is intentional.

rern
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby klassikmann » 05 Apr 2020, 12:25

rern wrote:
klassikmann wrote:

No change.

klassikmann

Try disable UPnP before playing a WebRadio.
R+R e3 identifies streams as WebRadio or UPnP by their URLs. If they contain private IPs, they're UPnP.

Someone who knows how to detect UPnP state, play/pause/stop, please advise.
rern

UPnP is (and was) disabled in system menu.

klassikmann
klassikmann

Postby klassikmann » 05 Apr 2020, 12:56

klassikmann wrote:@rern
btw.: I tried to investigate the problem setting the log_level in mpd.conf to "verbose". But: Where can I find the mpd log-file? The one in /var/log is very old.

I found the logs of mpd. mpd is controlled by systemd, therefore you see the mpd logs using
Code: Select all
journalctl -u mpd.service

klassikmann
klassikmann

Postby R101 » 05 Apr 2020, 13:21

Just to confirm - Webradio still does not display the station name when it is playing if no metadata is contained in the stream. The station name is there when the station is added to the playlist, but it vanishes when play is pressed.
(Pi 3B, rAudio-1, JLS I2S over USB)
R101

Postby rern » 05 Apr 2020, 13:28

klassikmann wrote:UPnP is (and was) disabled in system menu.

Try this:
Code: Select all
sed -i 's/if \(\[\[ gatewaynet ==\)/if systemctl -q is-active upmpdcli \&\& \1/' /srv/http/bash/status.sh

rern
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi