RuneAudio+R e3

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio+R e3

Postby ceejayemm » 01 Apr 2020, 21:32

R101

I have each of the BBC Radio urls I want to use downloaded to files, for example:

BBC_Radio_Two.m3u8

which contains:

#EXTM3U
#EXT-X-VERSION:3
#EXT-X-STREAM-INF:PROGRAM-ID=1,BANDWIDTH=339200,CODECS="mp4a.40.2"
http://as-hls-uk-live.bbcfmt.hs.llnwd.n ... ewind.m3u8

Do I simply copy the line starting with http:// and copy it into the Web Radio page of RA ? I thought that the actual file should be uploaded to RA somewhere - the question I had was where ?

Thanks

Chris
ceejayemm

Postby R101 » 01 Apr 2020, 21:45

Paste this in the add Webradio form:

BBC Radio 2 320k

Code: Select all
http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio/simulcast/hls/uk/sbr_high/ak/bbc_radio_two.m3u8

BBC Radio 6 320k

Code: Select all
http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio/simulcast/hls/uk/sbr_high/ak/bbc_6music.m3u8

Note: these only work to a UK IP address.
(Pi 3B, rAudio-1, JLS I2S over USB)
R101

Postby vennesch » 02 Apr 2020, 12:57

No one else has problems with UpNp?

When I add songs everything seems te be fine: Cover art is shown and it starts playing. No volume and it shows 0 bits 0 khz though, and after 2 seconds Rune tries te play the next song. This goes on until the playlist is finished, then I got the normal view with buttons.
I tried so far:
- Rebooting RPI several times
- Rebooting phone several times
- Reactivating UpNP with my credentials (with and without reboots in between)
- Wiping data from UpNp app and setting up again
- Switching other modules like bluetooth, wifi, etc. on and off
- Clearing playlist via terminal

Playing local content is fine.

My set up:
RPI 3 B+ connected via LAN with hifiberry dac+
Rune E3 with latest updates

Anyone any ideas what's happening? Thanks in advance.
vennesch

Postby DannyB » 02 Apr 2020, 15:26

@RERN
Hello. |First of thanks for all the hard work you are doing. I do have a question.
How much would it cost me to have the local HDMI display UI rearranged, without having the Android or web UI change?
Im asking this, because of following. Not all of us want to run it as headless streamer. I personally would love to have it as a standalone player, with Android acting as a remote control. I would love to have following on the HDMI display:
- The elapsed time circle to be a bar, not round
- The cover art on one side (left or right)
- The song info with different properties (Name and Artist as is now, Album smaller font, Bitrate BIG because of eyesight, volume deselectable because of I2S DAC which comes later- this is already an option)
The sub menus without change. I really need the bitrate and song info with elapsed time only, as the rest can be displayed on the Android device.
From far away, the local HDMI is really hard to read. I did found where I can change the color of the bitrate to have it stand out a little bit more.
I can try to play with it more, but I think it will alter the webUI too much.

Thanks again for the hard work and thanks if you decide to answer.

Danny

P.S. I can mock up some picture with how it could look if interested.
DannyB

Postby anteXIII » 03 Apr 2020, 09:12

anteXIII wrote:
...i have try on my 2 rpi 4 (2 and 4 g) the bluetooth didn t work and when i use the web browser it blankning on it

Bluetooth - I could get it connected with a headphone but the audio was too choppy. Anyone has got it better please share.

Sorry renr i was talking about the app who don t find my rpi s
Any clue ?
anteXIII

Re: RuneAudio+R e3 UPnP on Bubble

Postby bnilsson » 03 Apr 2020, 17:57

Hi Rune,

This is not a very important issue, only cosmetic. ;)

When I see the RAe3 renderer in Bubble UPnP server Media Renderers, it has no icon, only a "broken/image ?" symbol.
The competition, Chromecast Audio and HifiBerry, have nice designed device symbols/icons.
Same thing in the Bubble for Android controller, in the renderer selector the RPe3 has an generic Bubble UPnP icon, while the Chromecast and Hifiberry icons are coming thru.

So whenever you have the time...

BN
bnilsson

Postby vennesch » 03 Apr 2020, 20:13

vennesch wrote:No one else has problems with UpNp?

When I add songs everything seems te be fine: Cover art is shown and it starts playing. No volume and it shows 0 bits 0 khz though, and after 2 seconds Rune tries te play the next song. This goes on until the playlist is finished, then I got the normal view with buttons.
I tried so far:
- Rebooting RPI several times
- Rebooting phone several times
- Reactivating UpNP with my credentials (with and without reboots in between)
- Wiping data from UpNp app and setting up again
- Switching other modules like bluetooth, wifi, etc. on and off
- Clearing playlist via terminal

Playing local content is fine.

My set up:
RPI 3 B+ connected via LAN with hifiberry dac+
Rune E3 with latest updates

Anyone any ideas what's happening? Thanks in advance.

Tried static IP and Google DNS no luck :-(

It's my first time configuring upnp and it worked for a little time... Any ideas would be really welcome!

Edit: it seems that the problem is with Tidal as I can play music from my phone storage on the Pi via Linn Kazoo and Bubble upnp

Thanks,
Simon
vennesch

Postby R101 » 04 Apr 2020, 09:57

I am having some problems after today's update. Radio streams without metadata do not show the station name as it used to, and after about 40 minutes the sound started to drop out. Rune then ground to a halt and would not respond at all until after a reboot via ssh.
(Pi 3B, rAudio-1, JLS I2S over USB)
R101

Postby klassikmann » 04 Apr 2020, 16:52

@R101 @rern
R101 wrote:I am having some problems after today's update. Radio streams without metadata do not show the station name as it used to, and after about 40 minutes the sound started to drop out. Rune then ground to a halt and would not respond at all until after a reboot via ssh.

I have to strenghten the problem. The webradio is played as a UPnP source with no chance to delete the playlist besides a "mpc clear".

klassikmann
RPI 3B + HifiBerry Digi+ Pro + rAudio-1
klassikmann

Postby cmh714 » 04 Apr 2020, 16:59

OK, see that the convertplaylist.php script doesnt handle Web Radio playlists properly, only "normal" files....again not the biggest issue but..... ;)

cmh714 wrote:The only thing that doesnt seem to want to work for me is a Play list with Web Radios in it. I restored all my settings and the only thing that came back in as NULL was my Web Radio playlist. It wouldnt delete vis the UI so I did so via commandline. Recreated my playlist and still was Null....

No biggie :) Thanks Rern.
cmh714

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi