RuneAudio+R e3

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio+R e3

Postby klassikmann » 05 Jun 2020, 16:57

Update 20200604

Something seems to be wrong in updating/replacing coverarts.

Scenario 1:
An existing coverart file is
Code: Select all
Concerto for Violin and Orchestra No. 1 (1987)^^Robert McDuffie + Christoph Eschenbach + Houston Symphony.jpg
Trying to update this coverart in the library view (both checkboxes unchecked) I get
100% 00:01/00:01 1/1 NAS/Musik/Neue Musik/Glass, Philip/Violinkonzerte/Concerto for Violin and Orchestra No. 1 (1987)/Robert McDuffie + Christoph Eschenbach + Houston Symphony

Skip - /srv/http/data/coverarts/Philip Glass: Concerto for Violin and Orchestra No. 1 (1987)^^Robert McDuffie + Christoph Eschenbach + Houston Symphony^^NAS|Musik|Neue Musik|Glass, Philip|Violinkonzerte|Concerto for Violin and Orchestra No. 1 (1987)|Robert McDuffie + Christoph Eschenbach + Houston Symphony.jpg longer than 255 characters.
New thumbnails       : 0
Too long named       : 1  (See list in /srv/http/data/tmp/list-longnames.log)
That means: A short enough coverart file name has become too long.

Scenario 2:
Trying to update the coverarts in a subtree in the library view (checkbox replace existings checked) generates comments about non-existing animated GIFs
# Replace - Existing thumbnail.

4% 00:01/00:25 2/42 NAS/Musik/Neue Musik/Glass, Philip/Glassworks
  Resize animated GIF ...
convert: unable to open image '/mnt/MPD/NAS/Musik/Neue Musik/Glass, Philip/Glassworks/Cover.gif': No such file or directory @ error/blob.c/OpenBlob/3496.
convert: no images defined `/srv/http/data/coverarts/Philip Glass: Glassworks^^Philip Glass Ensemble^^NAS|Musik|Neue Musik|Glass, Philip|Glassworks.gif' @ error/convert.c/ConvertImageCommand/3282.
/mnt/MPD/NAS/Musik/Neue Musik/Glass, Philip/Glassworks/Cover.gif
  /mnt/MPD/NAS/Musik/Neue Musik/Glass, Philip/Glassworks/Cover.gif

klassikmann
RPI 3B + HifiBerry Digi+ Pro + rAudio-1
klassikmann

Postby neckbeard » 05 Jun 2020, 17:38

I spent way too long on this, but it turns out that Arch does not like certain characters in a wifi password.

I ended up creating a key using:
wpa_passphrase MYSSID passphrase

and using it as:

key=LONGKEYCODE

Docs said to use key=\" but that didn't work for me.

I hope this helps someone.
neckbeard

Postby klassikmann » 07 Jun 2020, 12:44

Update RuneAudio+R e3 20200607

The two problems
a) "ghosts/covenants"
b) "long coverart file names"
have been resolved.

klassikmann
RPI 3B + HifiBerry Digi+ Pro + rAudio-1
klassikmann

Postby stefanm » 07 Jun 2020, 15:32

Hi,

I've been trying to get this working on a pi4 with a boss DAC, I can't get the WiFi to connect or even a dongle (not showing up).

The DAC is the latest HW revision 1.7, I've been in touch with Allo, for some reason I'm getting WiFi issues with everything, rune, moode and volumio, right now I'm running volumio with a dongle. I can operate moode via WiFi until the ethernet is unplugged, then it automatically goes to the hotspot.

I'm thinking of trying add the WiFi manually, should I just follow a guide for archlinux? Such as this http://www.linuxandubuntu.com/home/how- ... g-terminal

Or should I try some other suggestion?
stefanm

Postby hermano » 09 Jun 2020, 13:50

Quick query and of course, thanks to developers and all who contribute. using PI4 and RuneAudio+R e3; recently returned to Rune after a time with Moode.

Issues I am having are:

1.browsing by 'Date', is there any way to limit view to years only. Some showing day and month. I assume this is in the tags but other systems just show year and not day/month.

2. On first 'play' there is no sound. Song 'playing ' as time countdown etc but no sound. However if I stop then start again it plays...every time.

Neither of these are deal breakers and I am enjoying Rune again. Keep up the good work.
hermano

Postby Sagnasty » 09 Jun 2020, 17:34

Hi, running e3 20200607 on a Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3 with HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro and a Synology DS718plus NAS as the NFS source. I may have found an issue with having more than 34 albums for a single artist. in my case, I had two library instances with an artist which had more than 34 albums.

Steps to reproduce: when traversing my library and then pressing on the artist (with more than 34 albums), the system would attempt to display the album list and then the display would hang. By refreshing the browser (Firefox 77.0.1 - 64-bit) or from my Iphone XE, the system display would then return to the default screen without a need to restart the system. Updating / rebuilding the library resulted in the same behavior. I originally thought it was a library file issue on my side, but I confirmed that it is simply the number of albums for an individual artist creating the issue.

I hope this helps.

Really liking RuneAudio+R e3 by the way - keep up the good work Rern!
3 x Raspberry Pi 3B+ Rev 1.3 > HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro
1 x Raspberry Pi 3B Rev 1.2 > HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro
Synology DS718+
Sagnasty

Postby Garrido33 » 09 Jun 2020, 17:49

Hi Rern
Hi Klassikmann,

Ghost coverarts and other problems with coverarts totally solved here. Works fine now, thanks.

A small display problem (not new) on my local official 7" screen : when I activate the bars on screen in the playback display, the display is partially hidden underneath (oversized for the available space). No problem with the full screen display (no bars).

Thanks again for your work.

Garrido33
Garrido33

Postby rern » 10 Jun 2020, 03:15

neckbeard wrote:I spent way too long on this, but it turns out that Arch does not like certain characters in a wifi password.

I ended up creating a key using:
wpa_passphrase MYSSID passphrase

and using it as:

key=LONGKEYCODE

Docs said to use key=\" but that didn't work for me.

Please update RuneAudio+R e3 to the latest and try connecting again.

stefanm wrote:I've been trying to get this working on a pi4 with a boss DAC, I can't get the WiFi to connect or even a dongle (not showing up).

The DAC is the latest HW revision 1.7, I've been in touch with Allo, for some reason I'm getting WiFi issues with everything, rune, moode and volumio, right now I'm running volumio with a dongle. I can operate moode via WiFi until the ethernet is unplugged, then it automatically goes to the hotspot.

I'm thinking of trying add the WiFi manually, should I just follow a guide for archlinux? Such as this http://www.linuxandubuntu.com/home/how- ... g-terminal

Try:
1. Update RuneAudio+R e3 to the latest (via Addons).
2. Set both SSID and password at the router/access point to normal characters, no symbols or spaces.
3. Disconnect ethernet.
4. Connect Wi-Fi again.
5. If still no, SSH command line:
wifi-menu

hermano wrote:...
1.browsing by 'Date', is there any way to limit view to years only. Some showing day and month. I assume this is in the tags but other systems just show year and not day/month.

2. On first 'play' there is no sound. Song 'playing ' as time countdown etc but no sound. However if I stop then start again it plays...every time.

1. Set them with Tag Editor (via folder icon/coverart > contextmenu)
2. Reboot. If still no, MPD > Mixer Control - Disable

Sagnasty wrote:Hi, running e3 20200607 on a Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3 with HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro and a Synology DS718plus NAS as the NFS source. I may have found an issue with having more than 34 albums for a single artist. in my case, I had two library instances with an artist which had more than 34 albums.

Steps to reproduce: when traversing my library and then pressing on the artist (with more than 34 albums), the system would attempt to display the album list and then the display would hang. By refreshing the browser (Firefox 77.0.1 - 64-bit) or from my Iphone XE, the system display would then return to the default screen without a need to restart the system. Updating / rebuilding the library resulted in the same behavior. I originally thought it was a library file issue on my side, but I confirmed that it is simply the number of albums for an individual artist creating the issue.

Please post results of:
# keep double quotes
mpc find album "ALBUM NAME" artist "ARTIST NAME"
mpc find album "ALBUM NAME" albumartist "ARTIST NAME"

Garrido33 wrote:...
A small display problem (not new) on my local official 7" screen : when I activate the bars on screen in the playback display, the display is partially hidden underneath (oversized for the available space). No problem with the full screen display (no bars).

Please post the screen image and screen resolution.

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby rern » 10 Jun 2020, 14:05

Update 202006101

Anyone has updated earlier today please do the update again.
RuneAudi+R e3 won't load properly if stopped in WebRadio mode.
In that situation:
sed -i 's/status.Title \!== prevtitle/\!status.Title \|\| &/' /srv/http/assets/js/function.js

Then update again.

rern
Last edited by rern on 10 Jun 2020, 16:15, edited 1 time in total.
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby Sagnasty » 10 Jun 2020, 15:03

Upgraded to e3 202006101
Reboot
test library with single album artist with 35 albums (comprising three total artists)

Rebuild entire database (test library with artist / 35 albums)
via putty session, successfully executed the following commands:
mpc find album "ALBUM NAME" artist "ARTIST NAME"
mpc find album "ALBUM NAME" albumartist "ARTIST NAME"

Test results:
System / MPD view: 0.21.23  484  35  3
Viewing library via album or genre worked fine.
Viewing library via artist or albumartist generated same issue as reported.
3 x Raspberry Pi 3B+ Rev 1.3 > HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro
1 x Raspberry Pi 3B Rev 1.2 > HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro
Synology DS718+
Sagnasty

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi