RuneAudio+R e3

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio+R e3

Postby rern » 02 Jun 2020, 05:44

cycl157 wrote:...
Second -- I use the web UI and know that there have bene issues with the artwork showing up in the past and for the most part I think things work much much better. I have lots of misc songs that have artwork in the id3 tag and not as an external file and sometimes I end up with the default cover instead of the actual one from the song. I have tried to figure out what is going on but not seeing failed requests for the cover art and if I refresh the page it successfully loads it. I took screenshots of developer tools open when I found it happen and then after the refresh -- hoping that something in there might spur an idea...

On track change, kid3-cli tried to extract the coverart from the same file MPD was reading. It should be OK but somehow it got nothing. A small delay is needed.
Next update will get this fixed.

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby cycl157 » 02 Jun 2020, 06:24

rern wrote:On track change, kid3-cli tried to extract the coverart from the same file MPD was reading. It should be OK but somehow it got nothing. A small delay is needed.
Next update will get this fixed.

rern

Thanks!!!
cycl157

Postby rern » 02 Jun 2020, 07:48

klassikmann wrote:Issue in RuneAudio+R e3 20200527 

The "ghost coverart problem" (https://www.runeaudio.com/forum/post29321.html#p29321) is still present or back again (regression?). Today I had a double-blank (0x2020) in the album title tag (one of the scenarios described in the link).

Show me the names of
- Artist
- Album
- Coverart file name (in /srv/http/data/coverarts)

bnilsson wrote:...
However, as I am using a USB DAC, I usually disable on-board audio devices to free resources, (with this I mean HDMI and headphone jack) but this is not possible since they are reported "being in use".
Previously I could disable the on-board devices as soon as my DAC was connected and working.

Is the USB DAC now regarded as "on-board"?
Or is this a bug?

BN

Edit:
Just noticed that System says Output device = "on-board 3.5 mm plug", but I am using and playing on my DAC!
MPD shows the correct device, and uses the correct device, I get music thru my DAC.
And if I in MPD select on-board Headphone, System says "on-board - Headphone", not "3.5 mm plug" anymore.
After selecting DAC in MPD again, System still says "On-board - Headphone".
Everything WORKS fine, but this simply looks very strange.
And consequently, on-board audio cannot be turned off.

At least one audio output must be present at any given time. Try power on the USB DAC before boot.
MPD enables all available outputs by defaults(list outputs: mpc outputs). Select from the list to setup Mixer Control and DOP for each one.
Names of output are for user interface, no uses in the system. Kernel 5.x.xx has changed the name of the on-board audio and HDMI now gets a dedicated driver/overlay.

rern
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby klassikmann » 02 Jun 2020, 11:35

rern wrote:
klassikmann wrote:Issue in RuneAudio+R e3 20200527 

The "ghost coverart problem" (https://www.runeaudio.com/forum/post29321.html#p29321) is still present or back again (regression?). Today I had a double-blank (0x2020) in the album title tag (one of the scenarios described in the link).

Show me the names of
- Artist
- Album
- Coverart file name (in /srv/http/data/coverarts)
rern

Hi rern,

I have to concede that this is a new scenario for "ghosts" not one of the already known (double-blanks, trailing blanks, trailing ").

First the correct behaviour, after I modified the tags:
Code: Select all
Artist Name: Trevor Pinnock + The English Concert
Album Artist: Trevor Pinnock + The English Concert
Album Title: Georg Friedrich Händel: Concerto grosso 'Alexander's Feast' C-Dur HWV 318
Coverart file name: 'Georg Friedrich H'$'\303\244''ndel: Concerto grosso '\''Alexander'\''s Feast'\'' C-Dur HWV 318^^Trevor Pinnock + The English Concert.jpg'
No double-blanks (0x2020), but three apostrophes (0x27) in the album title.
Coverart file can be removed in the library coverart view.

Now the original tags with a double-blank in the title and a pair of enclosures accidentally set ("...' instead of '...'):
Code: Select all
Artist Name: Trevor Pinnock + The English Concert
Album Artist: Trevor Pinnock + The English Concert
Album Title: Georg Friedrich Händel:  Concerto grosso "Alexander's Feast' C-Dur HWV 318
Coverart file name: 'Georg Friedrich H'$'\303\244''ndel:  Concerto grosso "Alexander'\''s Feast'\'' C-Dur HWV 318^^Trevor Pinnock + The English Concert.jpg'
Browse by coverart yields to a "no data" and the overart file cannot be removed in the library coverart view, only looks as removed until a refresh. Has to be deleted manually. That's a ghost.

Regards
klassikmann
RPI 3B + HifiBerry Digi+ Pro + rAudio-1
klassikmann

Postby stefanm » 03 Jun 2020, 04:55

Hi,

I've installed this from the link in the first post on this thread.

On a pi4, I can't connect wireless to my router, my SSID shows up but after entering the password I receive connection failed

I get similar issues with volumio and moode, on volumio it won't connect to WiFi at all, though it works on a dongle without a problem. On moode if I create a config txt before first boot it connects to WiFi on start up, but WiFi disappears after selecting my boss dac and rebooting.

So I know the onboard WiFi is functioning.

Can I set it up manually on rune?

It's not allowing my to select the correct time zone either, not sure if that is part of the issue?
Attachments
rps20200603_092321.jpg
rps20200603_092321.jpg (81.85 KiB) Viewed 1114 times
stefanm

Postby rern » 04 Jun 2020, 02:58

Update 20200604

Add
- Animated GIF support for coverarts and bookmarks
- Smooth volume (incremental change)

Fixes
- Missing embedded coverarts on track change
- Albums or directories with ' ", quotes/double quotes, in browse by CoverArt

Experimental
- Bluetooth audio

Notes:
- Coverarts as separate files are loaded a little faster.
- Bluetooth is still choppy, broken into pulses. Someone with a solution please share.

rern
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby klassikmann » 04 Jun 2020, 08:39

Hi rern,
rern wrote:Update 20200604
Fixes
- Albums or directories with ' ", quotes/double quotes, in browse by CoverArt
rern

I repeated the test with the Händel recording described above. One problem remained: The coverart can't be removed in "Browse by CoverArt". It looks so only, but after a refresh the coverart is back again and has to be removed manually. It's no more a "Ghost", it's a "Revenant". ;)

Regards
klassikmann
RPI 3B + HifiBerry Digi+ Pro + rAudio-1
klassikmann

Postby rern » 04 Jun 2020, 14:02

klassikmann wrote:...
I repeated the test with the Händel recording described above. One problem remained: The coverart can't be removed in "Browse by CoverArt". It looks so only, but after a refresh the coverart is back again and has to be removed manually. It's no more a "Ghost", it's a "Revenant". ;)

I thought a silver bullet is the right tool but obviously they're not all werewolves. A stake should take care of the rest in next update.

rern
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby eggshell » 04 Jun 2020, 15:03

Thank you for the smooth volume control. Works just like I was thinking it should. Not sure how you do your magic, but keep doing it.

Andreas
eggshell

Postby Beelzebassie » 04 Jun 2020, 15:30

Ooh! Browsing Library-folders is a lot smoother/faster.

Thx, rern!
Raspberry Pi 3B (rev. 1.2) | Allo DigiOne
Beelzebassie

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi