RuneAudio+R e3

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio+R e3

Postby AndyF » 28 Mar 2020, 19:55

@R101

You can switch off fixed coverart with settings button (gear) behind library display. So you will get "old" behaviour. Coverart or placeholder will be scrolled again.

Regards, Andy
AndyF

Postby Beelzebassie » 29 Mar 2020, 00:06

Thanx Rern et al!

If a map contains an .m3u8-file and a .cue-file, the contents of the .m3u8 gets priority in the library browser (.cue is not shown). Is there a setting that let's the user chose which file has priority - e.g. I'd prefer .cue.
Raspberry Pi 3B (rev. 1.2) | Allo DigiOne
Beelzebassie

Postby eggshell » 29 Mar 2020, 06:58

Thanks for all your effort making Rune that much better, Interface is quick again and sound is great as always. I do have an issue with Airplay. First it took quite a long time to enable. Now I can connect from my iPhone or MacBook, but I get no sound, I see the artwork of what's playing in the Rune interface, but no audio output.

Any ideas?

Pi 3B+
Allo Boss DAC Hat

Thanks

Andreas
eggshell

Postby rern » 29 Mar 2020, 11:11

AndyF wrote:@R101

You can switch off fixed coverart with settings button (gear) behind library display. So you will get "old" behaviour. Coverart or placeholder will be scrolled again.

Regards, Andy

Update again then you even get a new option to hide the band.

Beelzebassie wrote:...
If a map contains an .m3u8-file and a .cue-file, the contents of the .m3u8 gets priority in the library browser (.cue is not shown). Is there a setting that let's the user chose which file has priority - e.g. I'd prefer .cue.

Unless you have a good reason, rename the *m3u8 file or move it somewhere else.
By the way, *.cue files must be named the same as each music file. Otherwise loading from saved playlist will not work.

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby R101 » 29 Mar 2020, 13:01

Update again then you even get a new option to hide the band

Thanks rern.

It's getting close to perfection now :)
(Pi 3B, rAudio-1, JLS I2S over USB)
R101

Postby klassikmann » 29 Mar 2020, 13:53

klassikmann wrote:Ghost problem probably resolved
After investigation of some of my ghost-entries at "browse by coverart" I resolved the problem.

Cause: The file names of the coverarts in data/coverarts are generated using the ID3-tags of title and artist. If the tag values contain coincidentally double-blanks (0x2020) the double-blank in the corresponding file name is reduced to a single blank.
Consequence: The coverart can't be mapped to an entry in mpd database.

klassikmann

I detected some more scenarios for coverart ghosts:
  • trailing blanks (0x20)
  • trailing " (0x22)
    btw. Entries in data/coverarts can't be deleted using the GUI, have to be deleted manually
Could it be there is a regression in generating coverarts file names?

klassikmann
RPI 3B + HifiBerry Digi+ Pro + rAudio-1
klassikmann

Postby J4K » 29 Mar 2020, 18:27

Hi, me again, I typed too soon.

Thanx to R101 for the tip "Wireless Samba shares did not work, as the smb.conf file is still missing the zero off the wlan entry"

Used WinSCP to fix it. I can now map to the usb drive.

Now my problem is that when I rebuild the music database, it's only doing a partial build, and stating it's done.

I can't get it to fully build.

cheers

J

Just to Add to the Above:

I checked what files were being added to the library, and it turns out that they were .Flac & .mp3 files, All my music files should be .ape format.

So it appears the library is not recognising .ape files.

J
Last edited by J4K on 30 Mar 2020, 09:28, edited 2 times in total.
J4K

Postby vennesch » 30 Mar 2020, 08:08

Good morning. I got E3 up and running and it is the best one so far! I have one feature request: when I play Tidal via BubbleUPNP, which I do most of the times, only the song title is being displayed.

Is it possible to display the artist? And what about the cover art?

Thanks in advance,

Simon
vennesch

Postby rern » 30 Mar 2020, 11:07

eggshell wrote:Thanks for all your effort making Rune that much better, Interface is quick again and sound is great as always. I do have an issue with Airplay. First it took quite a long time to enable. Now I can connect from my iPhone or MacBook, but I get no sound, I see the artwork of what's playing in the Rune interface, but no audio output.

Any ideas?

Pi 3B+
Allo Boss DAC Hat

Get the latest update from Settings > Addons. Then reboot.
If it's still no go, click and post contents of Settings > MPD > Devices and Mixers

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby bnilsson » 30 Mar 2020, 18:41

Dear Rune,

Thanks for the new e2 and e3, good work!
I am using it both directly by RAGUI and as a DLNA rederer with BubbleUPnP, it is absolutely excellent!

The old Artist Bio was using last.fm and this was working only good days and unreliable at best. The new Bio is SO much more stable, thank you for that. There is, however, one thing that I miss from the old version.

When using RA as a DLNA renderer from BubbleUPnP, you could monitor the track playback in the RAGUI, and see both cover art and access the artist bio. From BubbleUPnP the album metadata is accessible, with is nice, but at the same time going in to the RAGUI and pick up the Artist Bio from the track was great! It was extremely useful and informative (but annoyingly unstable).
I can see that the Bio button is still there in DLNA mode, but it is not doing anything, it seems to be disabled.

Would it be possible, by any chance, to put this function back?
Coverart and a working Bio button in the Playback pane when using it as a DLNA render device?

BN
bnilsson

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi