RuneAudio+R e3

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio+R e3

Postby rern » 10 May 2020, 15:33

vaughan wrote:..., but for compilations is there any way to straight from Album list to Song list? Or am I missing something? For example in my Album list I have 'Ultimate Power Ballads CD1'. When I click on it I really want to go to a list of the 20 songs on this CD (ideally with track name and artist name shown) - but instead, of course, I get a list of the 18 artists whose songs songs are on this CD, and when you select the artist you get the name of the song(s) by that artist on that CD. Is there a setting that I'm missing, or has this idea been discussed and rejected?

Metadata "albumartist" must be set to a certain name, such as "Various artists". Otherwise they're multiple albums by different artists with the same album name.

Multiple albums:
#1 - Album - Artist1 - Song1
#2 - Album - Artist2 - Song2
#3 - Album - Artist3 - Song3
#4 - Album - Artist4 - Song4

Single compilation album:
#1 - Album - Various artists - Artist1 - Song1
#1 - Album - Various artists - Artist2 - Song2
#1 - Album - Various artists - Artist3 - Song3
#1 - Album - Various artists - Artist4 - Song4

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby vaughan » 10 May 2020, 17:22

rern wrote:Metadata "albumartist" must be set to a certain name, such as "Various artists". Otherwise they're multiple albums by different artists with the same album name.
rern

Thanks rern for coming back to me so quickly. That works - but ideally when viewing the contents of a compilation album one would see the artist name as well as the track name. Is there any way to do that, or am I being too demanding? (Or would I need to hack the JavaScript to do this?)

Thanks again,
Vaughan
vaughan

Postby klassikmann » 11 May 2020, 12:27

rern's RuneOS

I want to encourage to try-out https://github.com/rern/RuneOS. It's for users of "RuneAudio+R e3" with some, even moderate knowledge of Linux* interested in generating their customized installation and/or images from scratch.

Excerpt from README.md:
  • For all Raspberry Pis: Zero, 1, 2, 3 and 4
  • Create RuneAudio+R from latest releases of Arch Linux Arm
  • Interactive interface
  • Options:
    • Run ROOT partition on USB drive
    • Run on USB only - no SD card (boot from USB)
    • Pre-configure Wi-Fi connection (headless mode)
    • Exclude features (can be as light as possible in terms of build time and disk space)

* The first step (partitioning the SD card or USB drive) requires GParted. You should know what you are doing.

klassikmann
RPI 3B + HifiBerry Digi+ Pro + rAudio-1
klassikmann

Postby rern » 11 May 2020, 12:56

vaughan wrote:... That works - but ideally when viewing the contents of a compilation album one would see the artist name as well as the track name. Is there any way to do that, or am I being too demanding? (Or would I need to hack the JavaScript to do this?)

Most compilation albums have each file named with artist name, like folder/directory naming. They serve well even when browse normally with file explorers.

rern
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby vaughan » 11 May 2020, 22:41

Thanks very much, rern, for responding to getting back to me. One other question: is there any chance of having an 'all tracks' display, or is that something that you don't think makes sense?

Many thanks,
Vaughan
vaughan

Postby alecs123 » 12 May 2020, 01:27

hello... just found that this runeaudio+R e3 is out now (after a long while with 0.5b)
I've tried it and seems to work ok, however, in all previous releases of runeaudio I could copy my local playlists m3u files (I have a nas and all playlists point to files and folders on the nas)
I copied those same files to /var/lib/mpd/playlists but the files are not shown, is there a way I can make them play?
That's the only reason I have not decided to burn de MicroSD for "production"
Thanks
alecs123

Postby rern » 12 May 2020, 04:25

vaughan wrote:... One other question: is there any chance of having an 'all tracks' display, or is that something that you don't think makes sense?

Make sense? Please explain it.

alecs123 wrote:... in all previous releases of runeaudio I could copy my local playlists m3u files (I have a nas and all playlists point to files and folders on the nas)
I copied those same files to /var/lib/mpd/playlists but the files are not shown, is there a way I can make them play?

Default playlists cannot:
- Save *.cue as individual tracks
- Save webradio name
RuneAudio+R e3 uses custom format playlists to overcome them.

There'll be a new addon to import the default playlists, in next update.

rern
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby vaughan » 12 May 2020, 08:41

rern wrote:Make sense? Please explain it.

rern

Obviously from the home page you can list all the Albums, all the Artists etc and also search by Genre, Date etc. If you click 'Album' on the home page then it lists all your albums, and you can add the album to your playlist or play an individual track. I think that it would be useful also to have a 'Track' button on the home page: you click Track and it would list all the tracks in your collection. (I do feel very reticent about requesting more features, but I think that it would be a useful capability.)

Many thanks,
Vaughan
vaughan

Postby AndyF » 13 May 2020, 18:56

Hi Vaughan,

I think that it would be useful also to have a 'Track' button on the home page: you click Track and it would list all the tracks in your collection.

in my case this would be ~13000 tracks long. I don´t know, if this is really useful ...

You can always search a specific track with search box on right top-corner. Or you can get a list with nearly all tracks (unsorted, though):
- Open search box at library main screen.
- Enter one space and press enter.
-> Result are all tracks with containing at least one space (in my case this are nearly all tracks)

regards, Andy
AndyF

Postby vaughan » 14 May 2020, 08:49

AndyF wrote:You can always search a specific track with search box on right top-corner. Or you can get a list with nearly all tracks (unsorted, though):
- Open search box at library main screen.
- Enter one space and press enter.
-> Result are all tracks with containing at least one space (in my case this are nearly all tracks)

regards, Andy

Thanks very much for the suggestion, Andy - very useful.
vaughan

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi