RuneAudio+R e3

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio+R e3

Postby kailua » 29 Apr 2020, 14:02

Hello,

I just built RuneAudio+Re3 via the DIY method. Everything went fine with running create-alarm.sh on my desktop. But after inserting the SD card into my Pi3 I saw a lot of messages in the journal that some daemons (e.g. timedate) could not be started.
It turned out that the service responsible for creating the temporary file directories could not start because of unsafe path transitions.

I checked the permission on / and it had 700 owned by the alarm user and not root. I don't know where that came from but setting the correct permissions (755) and ownership (root) fixed the problem. Also, I tried it two times with the same result. So, that might be a permanent problem.

Just to let you know if you run into similar problems.

Cheers
kailua

Postby 6b4g » 30 Apr 2020, 15:14

Thanks very much for this new release of Runeaudio!

I tip from my side. I had to add "vers=1.0" in the "Options" field when mounting my NAS share using CIFS in order to get it mounted.

best regards,
Kees
6b4g

Postby rern » 01 May 2020, 13:18

GlennS wrote:...
    If I use your GPIO addon, do I have access to GPIO to add my own functions (controlling other devices via I2C) ?
Yes, you do.

kailua wrote:...
I just built RuneAudio+Re3 via the DIY method. Everything went fine with running create-alarm.sh on my desktop. But after inserting the SD card into my Pi3 I saw a lot of messages in the journal that some daemons (e.g. timedate) could not be started.
It turned out that the service responsible for creating the temporary file directories could not start because of unsafe path transitions.

I checked the permission on / and it had 700 owned by the alarm user and not root. I don't know where that came from but setting the correct permissions (755) and ownership (root) fixed the problem. Also, I tried it two times with the same result. So, that might be a permanent problem.
I've just built it with no permissions issue. What is your Linux dirtro? bsdtar in the build script should preserve the correct permissions.

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby rern » 01 May 2020, 14:27

Update 20200501

This cannot be updated via Addons as usual. Please download updated image files from links in the 1st post.
Backup existing data and settings: Menu > Settings > Backup/Restore Settings

Renderer
Spotify Connect - Spotifyd

Streamer
Sync Streamer - Snapcast- Synchronous multiroom audio player
Streamer - via http port 8000 (e.g., 192.168.1.111:8000)

Dedicate a CPU core for MPD
Improve volume control
Auto expand root partition (remove /boot/x.sh to skip)
Upgrade kernel and packages

rern
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby kailua » 01 May 2020, 15:59

I use ArchLinux. But, I think I found the reason for the wrong permission. I used the KDE filemanager to mount the partitions of the SD card which mounted them with user rights. Also I formatted the partitions with the disk utility. I think that the first or a combination of both caused the wrong permission of / on the SD card.

Cheers
kailua

Postby klassikmann » 01 May 2020, 17:53

Update 20200501

Some minor glitches after installation and backup restoration:
  • Radio buttons (e.g. restore settings, sound profile, replay gain) and check-boxes (library & playback display) are way too big (Firefox).
  • System menu: "Browser on RPi" and "Wi-Fi" are incorrectly checked.
  • Sources menu: /etc/fstab contains superflous line, same share with doubled parameter informations.
  • Addons menu: Version string stayed at "20200418".

klassikmann
RPI 3B + HifiBerry Digi+ Pro + rAudio-1
klassikmann

Postby cmh714 » 01 May 2020, 19:13

Nevermind....finally on the tenth or so time it poped up

Update 20200501

Same as above....also I cannot get the MPD settings page to render
cmh714

Postby R101 » 01 May 2020, 19:17

Hi rern,

The pause button has reappeared on the Webradio playback page.

All the usual problems getting the wifi working, plus I had to enable netctl. Is this version for wired connection only?
(Pi 3B, rAudio-1, JLS I2S over USB)
R101

Postby eggshell » 02 May 2020, 03:16

The best just got better! Thanks, it is working great. For those who can't render the MPD page. I had the same issue. I changed back to the 3.5mm audio out, rebooted, then switched to i2s and rebooted. Voila MPD page renders.

Thanks Rern for your amazing player.

Andreas
eggshell

Postby rern » 02 May 2020, 03:20

cmh714 wrote:Nevermind....finally on the tenth or so time it poped up

Update 20200501

Same as above....also I cannot get the MPD settings page to render

Please post results of:
Code: Select all
/srv/http/bash/mpd-data.sh

R101 wrote:...
All the usual problems getting the wifi working, plus I had to enable netctl. Is this version for wired connection only?

If I recall correctly, your SSID is hidden, isn'i it? Try show it as normal and connect R+R e3 again.
Tips: Debunking Myths: Is Hiding Your Wireless SSID Really More Secure? (If not, it's still worth reading though.)

Or post results of:
Code: Select all
ifconfig
iwlist wlan0 scan

rern
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext