RuneAudio+R e3

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio+R e3

Postby cmh714 » 10 Apr 2020, 17:13

vomvos wrote:Hello.
I pressed hide up and down control buttons and I lost the settings button. I cannot find it anywhere.
Any help?
Thank you

Tap inside of the volume control ring and you should get the pop-up/overlay with all the control buttons including Settings
cmh714

Postby R101 » 10 Apr 2020, 18:02

@rern

On a 7" screen, the alphabetical selection bar does not re-scale properly when switching from portrait to landscape.
(Pi 3B, rAudio-1, JLS I2S over USB)
R101

Postby vomvos » 10 Apr 2020, 18:05

cmh714 wrote:
I pressed hide up and down control buttons and I lost the settings button. I cannot find it anywhere.
Any help?
Thank you

Tap inside of the volume control ring and you should get the pop-up/overlay with all the control buttons including Settings

Unfortunately I disabled all volume control before that. I wanted bit perfect reproduction.
vomvos

Postby cmh714 » 10 Apr 2020, 18:25

vomvos wrote:
cmh714 wrote:
Any help?
Thank you

Unfortunately I disabled all volume control before that. I wanted bit perfect reproduction.

In the Circle on the screen.....click around 12 o'clock inside.... GL
cmh714

Postby rern » 11 Apr 2020, 10:19

vomvos wrote:
cmh714 wrote:
Any help?
Thank you

Tap top-right corner of the coverart to show settings menu

Tap top of the coverart to show a control guide.

At the bottom of the screen, the same height as bottom bar when visible:
- Tap to show settings menu
- Long-press to refresh browser (usefull while in fullscreen)
- Disignated swipe area for those who have difficulties with normal swipe
- Tap left/rightmost to switch between pages for RPi screens that not support swipe

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby eegs102 » 11 Apr 2020, 10:57

Just wanted to say thankyou.... only discovered this software last night after trying many different players, none of which seemed to work correctly or do what I wanted to do.

This installed, worked and was configured to do what I wanted in no time.

Many thanks,
Iain
eegs102

Postby vomvos » 11 Apr 2020, 20:05

rern wrote:
Tap top-right corner of the coverart to show settings menu

Tap top of the coverart to show a control guide.

At the bottom of the screen, the same height as bottom bar when visible:
- Tap to show settings menu
- Long-press to refresh browser (usefull while in fullscreen)
- Disignated swipe area for those who have difficulties with normal swipe
- Tap left/rightmost to switch between pages for RPi screens that not support swipe

rern

Thank you for trying to help me out.
I reinstalled the whole thing and it is fine now.
vomvos

Re: RuneAudio+R e3 possible bug

Postby bnilsson » 13 Apr 2020, 18:44

Hi,

I have indications of a possible bug in the MPD output selector.

I am trying to guide a friend of mine to install and use e3 on a RP4.
For him, it is not possible to select an USB DAC with the name "iFi (by AMR) HD USB Audio".
The menu selection does not "stick", a page reload makes the 3.5mm plug or HDMI come back.
And thus it is not possible to turn off on-board devices.
His e3 is updated to 20200412, SD expanded to 8GB.

I am told that in the previous version of RuneAudio (e1?) there was no problem for him using this DAC.

It reminds me of a case a few years back when I ran into a problem with AirPlay, I named the RP Airplay name to a string "RuneAudio(AirPlay)" and It was not working. If I removed the parenthesis from the name it was ok. This was reported and corrected.
Could it be that there is a similar problem in handling USB device names that contains "()"?

I am running a RP4 with e3 myself with a DAC named "Cambridge Audio USB Audio 2.0" and I have no problem.
Unfortunately we do not live close by so I cannot test his device with my DAC.

I would be very happy if you could comment on this.

BN

e3
Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.1
BCM2711 • 4 @ 1.5GHz • 2GB
Cambridge Audio USB Audio 2.0
4.19.108-1-ARCH
bnilsson

Postby vennesch » 14 Apr 2020, 09:04

This version is nearly perfect to me.

1 question and 1 request:
I can play only 328kbps via upnp right now. Is that because of the capability of my Hifiberry DAC+? I'm on Tidal Hifi plan.

And since latest updates upnp is really stable, but cover art and artist is missing right now. Is it possible to get those features back?
vennesch

Re: RuneAudio+R e3 possible bug

Postby rern » 14 Apr 2020, 13:15

bnilsson wrote:...
I have indications of a possible bug in the MPD output selector.

I am trying to guide a friend of mine to install and use e3 on a RP4.
For him, it is not possible to select an USB DAC with the name "iFi (by AMR) HD USB Audio".
The menu selection does not "stick", a page reload makes the 3.5mm plug or HDMI come back.
And thus it is not possible to turn off on-board devices.
His e3 is updated to 20200412, SD expanded to 8GB.

I am told that in the previous version of RuneAudio (e1?) there was no problem for him using this DAC.

It reminds me of a case a few years back when I ran into a problem with AirPlay, I named the RP Airplay name to a string "RuneAudio(AirPlay)" and It was not working. If I removed the parenthesis from the name it was ok. This was reported and corrected.
Could it be that there is a similar problem in handling USB device names that contains "()"?

I am running a RP4 with e3 myself with a DAC named "Cambridge Audio USB Audio 2.0" and I have no problem.
Unfortunately we do not live close by so I cannot test his device with my DAC.

For a USB DAC, R+R e3 will detect once it's powered on/off then configure and restart MPD automatically. No need to select it manually. Try reboot and power on the DAC after R+R e3 loaded in the browser. It will notify with a banner when the DAC detected and configured successfully.

vennesch wrote:...
And since latest updates upnp is really stable, but cover art and artist is missing right now. Is it possible to get those features back?

Fixed.

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi