RuneAudio+R e2 - An improved version of RuneAudio

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio+R e1 - An improved version of RuneAudio

Postby Vhond » 05 Sep 2019, 09:48

Hi Rern, can you please tell me more?

Vhond wrote:About bitperfect: RuneAudio+R e1 includes an option to select MPD bitperfect setting.

Do you know what this exactly means (isn't this possible as option using the Rune 0.5b version)?
Last edited by Vhond on 15 Sep 2019, 16:57, edited 1 time in total.
Vhond

Postby rern » 06 Sep 2019, 08:24

Vhond wrote:Hi Rern, can you please tell me more?

Vhond wrote:About bitperfect: RuneAudio+R e1 includes an option to select MPD bitperfect setting.

Do you know what this exactly means (isn't this possible as option using the Rune 0.5b version)?

The switch is a one-click setting for:
- amixer -c $card sset "$mixer" 0dB (set hardware volume to 0dB)
- mpc crossfade 0
- mixer_type "none" (Volume control)
- volume_normalization "no"
- replaygain "off"

Any versions can be set.

More at musicpd.org

tio_cristobal wrote:...
But... I am curious and would like to know how to solve the addons server not available message..
I have seen in Github, your RuneAudio+R_e1 page and observe when downloading the master.zip, it only "weight 66kB", far from the Gigas of the original image. It looks like you upload only the changes? Right?

Next update has got a lot of changes, fixes and some packages upgraded. It's better to release as a whole new image file. Consecutive updates will be incremental via Addons.

rern
Last edited by rern on 06 Sep 2019, 14:24, edited 1 time in total.
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby rern » 06 Sep 2019, 14:23

Released!

RuneAudio+R e1.1
- Fix Addons server not available.
- Fix RPi access point not working on startup.
- Improve MPD and Network settings.
- Upgrade some packages.
- General improvements and fixes.
- On RPi connected display, startup option to open Network page for new users.

Download link was updated for the new image in the first post.

Reflash the new image file will preserve all database and extra directories. (They are stored in USB drive and will be restored back automatically.)

rern
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby Alien8 » 06 Sep 2019, 16:36

Hi Rern

thanks for the hard work, this release seems a bit better

Testing right now

on RPi2, audiophonics sabre dac amp

local browser crash (Redis server went away...), so no local config

AP doesn't show up even after 10 min wait -->

power kill + repair sd card on linux machine and copying known network config file to /etc/netctl works,

audiophonics ATX shutdown unavailible

'no volume setting' does not retain if you close the MPD setting

configuring for my hard ware, will report after thorough testing

D
RPi2B Rev 1.2, AUDIOPHONICS I-SABRE AMP DAC ES9023, Audiophonics ATX, hd44780 LCD running R+Re6
Alien8

Postby AndyF » 07 Sep 2019, 05:40

"No volume"-setting bug is here, too. Workaround: Usage of "Disabled"-setting behind selected I2S-module.
AP is no problem on my RPi3.

regards, Andy
AndyF

Postby tixs » 07 Sep 2019, 07:30

A few bugs to report from an initial look at it:

It seems that static IPs are not being saved and not recognized, both for LAN and WiFi. Also no change after reboot or power off.

A change of the Player name seems also to be of no effect. Even though the new name is apparently saved as it is shown furtheron in the Player name field, the player remains to be browser accessible only via "runeaudio.local" but not via its new name which worked fine under 0.5b. It would be helpful to get that option back, especially if one operates several players in the same network.

And a mysterious issue that persisted also with earlier versions of RuneAudio: Sometimes the volume setting magically changes by one notch - without the user doing or touching anything. Why is that? I tried the BitPerfect setting but this does not seem to change anything.
tixs

Postby thedman! » 07 Sep 2019, 09:01

Hi Rern,

Thanks for your hard work, Rune is nice and slick now.

I second the player name bug mentioned above, it says its changed but isn't.

This is the most minor thing: when tapping the wifi network its asks if you want to "Fotget" the network not "Forget". Sorry, but I had to mention it!

Dave.
thedman!

Postby Vhond » 07 Sep 2019, 14:00

rern wrote:Released!

RuneAudio+R e1.1

rern

Hi Rern,

Could you be more specific?
Vhond

Postby Alien8 » 09 Sep 2019, 10:14

Hi Rern

Report back after further testing :

unfortunately on my system the image isn't really working well

I can't seem to add my 8k+ music database, settings aren't retained, even after succesfull logon to nfs server dir
A faulty one was added (my CD collection resides in the very original named 'Music' folder), when adding this a folder 'Music\ ' was added, yet cannot be removed
I can't re-add the same server again either
searching where these NAS login data are saved manually yields no results so far
Code: Select all
grep -rnw '/' -e "/Music\ "
and variants
adding the server under a different name works though so remove function seems to have a bug
also : you state it's better to use an usb stick for saving settings, yet no files are saved there it would appear

Playing webradio works for some time, but there are sometimes some quite long lag times (Wifi N, pretty crowded, slow ISP) and the option to set the buffer size that exists in the original 0.5 b or earlier version is not available though gui
So the system plays, but drops after a while to become locked and unresponsive on the gui, ssh still worked, but issuing a reboot command results in a blocked SD card. Another repair session on linux station and I can boot again.

It appears that it is very much hit or miss to try and do a warm/cold reboot on this version. Pretty easy to corrupt SD card

Auto play option doesn't start if you manage to reboot the system

I can install my pydPiper scripts to use my LCD screen, yet the connection to the MPD daemon has changed from janui's 0.5b version, so nothing is displayed when streaming music

A good note (Me thinks) :
on the MPD settings page, you have to hit the cog wheel and set the Volume Level Control to 'none' to preserve the No Volume switch

Sorry for the bad news, still hoping to get a stable version soon that can use all of my hardware and runs rock solid :cry:

D
RPI 2, Sabre DAC/AMP, audiophonics ATX, hd44780 LCD
Last edited by Alien8 on 11 Sep 2019, 10:31, edited 1 time in total.
RPi2B Rev 1.2, AUDIOPHONICS I-SABRE AMP DAC ES9023, Audiophonics ATX, hd44780 LCD running R+Re6
Alien8

Postby rern » 09 Sep 2019, 16:05

Next update
- Fix: MPD - "No volume" setting bug
- Fix: MPD - "Play on startup" bug
- Fix: Network - LAN static IP setting bug
- Fix: Sysyem - URL not changed along with "Player name" setting
- Add: Library - Context menu - Exclude directory from database (hide non-music directories)
- Add: Sources - Scan for available network shares (network neighborhood)
- Change: Sources - Move Update button to Library page

Vhond wrote:
rern wrote:...

Could you be more specific?

Well. Could you be more specific why would you want me to do that?

Alien8 wrote:...
I can't seem to add my 8k+ music database, settings aren't retained, even after succesfull logon to nfs server dir
A faulty one was added (my CD collection resides in the very original named 'Music' folder), when adding this a folder 'Music\ ' was added, yet cannot be removed
I can't re-add the same server again either
searching where these NAS login data are saved manually yields no results so far
Code: Select all
grep -rnw '/' -e "/Music\ "
and variants
adding the server under a different name works though so remove function seems to have a bug
also : you state it's better to use an usb stick for saving settings, yet no files are saved there it would appear

on the MPD settings page, you have to hit the cog wheel and set the Volume Level Control to 'none' to preserve the No Volume switch

- Network mount/unmount are done by /etc/fstab. Show me the content of the file.
- The USB drive has to be in since the very first boot. Otherwise extra directories will be created in the SD card.

Try:
- A fresh SD card with a USB drive only. (with a couple albums in it.)
- Play something. Change some settings.
- Mount a network share once basic setup went well.

Why USB drive?
- NAS mounts/sources have to wait for network to be ready.
- A USB drive is ready 10+ seconds before any NAS mounts.
- Existing extra directories will not be available until the NAS was mounted which have to be manually reset and imported.
- NAS mounts write permission must be set at the source while the USB drive can be set locally.
- Complication of creating extra directories on NAS vs. USB drive.
- Databases and extra directories are stored in the USB drive instead of in SD card. They will not be wiped out when the SD card get reflashed.
- Eventually, all settings will be in it as well.
- It's dirt cheap. I don't understand why anyone would avoid the strong recommendation.

rern
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi