RuneAudio+R e2 - An improved version of RuneAudio

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio+R e2 - An improved version of RuneAudio

Postby rlsten » 17 Feb 2020, 23:40

On versions .4 and .5 of Rune it was possible to use a button to do a soft shutdown by calling "/var/www/command/rune_shutdown poweroff" in a python script.

In RuneRe2, I can't find the command rune_shutdown--does anyone know where it resides now, or if it has been replaced, what and where is that command?

Thanks very much,
Rod
rlsten

Postby eggshell » 18 Feb 2020, 01:20

rern wrote:
sirvolcano wrote:...
Playing music via AirPlay doesn’t work! My mobile can see the RuneAudio and pairs to it but there is no sound on rune when I am playing music via my mobile!

AirPlay was fixed and will be released with next update soon.

eggshell wrote:This " http://runeaudio.local/index-settings.php?p=sources " is the URL that is in the address bar, but I only get blinking "Rune Audio" I also tried refreshing the page, tried a different browser, tried on my iPhone. Same result. ...

Please post output of this:
Code: Select all
/srv/http/settings/sources-data.sh

rern

Output of sources-data.sh

[{"icon":"network","mountpoint":"/mnt/MPD/NAS/Country","mounted":true,"source":"//192.168.0.169/music\Country","size":"2.5TB/3.6TB"},{"icon":"network","mountpoint":"/mnt/MPD/NAS/FLAC","mounted":true,"source":"//192.168.0.169/music/FLAC","size":"2.5TB/3.6TB"},{"icon":"network","mountpoint":"/mnt/MPD/NAS/AAANew","mounted":true,"source":"//192.168.0.169/music/AAANew","size":"2.5TB/3.6TB"},""]

Ok now I see the issue... source":"//192.168.0.169/music\Country should be source":"//192.168.0.169/music/Country

I changed it in fstab, and now Sources and System load fine. Not sure how it worked before?
eggshell

Postby rlsten » 20 Feb 2020, 20:51

A couple of follow-ups to my earlier emails:

I'm still curious as to why it takes so long for my system to boot on Wifi with a Raspberry Pi 4.

If I am connected to my home network via ethernet, it takes 45 seconds to boot; but when I have no ethernet connection and wifi only, it takes 2 minutes and 30 seconds. It seems that the OS is searching for an ethernet connection at startup. Is there someway to stop this from happening so that the boot process can be sped up?

As for a shutdown button, I just want to call the same process that is called by clicking the "Off" button on the power menu. If calling "shutdown -h now" is sufficient I can do that, but the old runeaudio_shutdown script provided for unmounting share drives, stopping mpd, and other service shutdowns--I just want to make sure I don't shutdown prematurely causing damage to the MicroSD card.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Rod
rlsten

Postby Auralcurator » 24 Feb 2020, 04:23

Hi,

First, thank you for all the work you put into this. I installed from the image in this thread on an RPi 3+ and it looks really nice (previously was fighting with .5 to get SMB mounts working properly). I tried to update the install in the UI and it says:

wget -qN --no-check-certificate https://github.com/rern/RuneAudio-Re2/r ... install.sh
chmod 755 install.sh

./install.sh u
cat: /srv/http/data/addons/rare: No such file or directory

i Your RuneAudio+R e2 has not been updated for a while.

Please use an updated image file instead.

Where can I find a newer image file? If one is not generally available, is there a process to update or is the only option to build DIY to get to the Feb release?

Thanks
--Auralcurator
Synology-DS214NAS -> RPi 3B+ -> Emotiva XDA-2 -> Adcom GFA5200
Auralcurator

Postby vennesch » 27 Feb 2020, 15:29

Same here, I am on januari update
vennesch

Postby klassikmann » 28 Feb 2020, 00:05

Plesse try this:
The Image link at the post in page 1 ist from January 23. After the installation use the Addons Menu to update to the Version 20200213.

klassikmann
RPI 3B + HifiBerry Digi+ Pro + rAudio-1
klassikmann

Postby bnilsson » 02 Mar 2020, 13:10

Dear Rune,

I still wonder what the idea is behind the Qobuz and Tidal settings in the UPnP/DLNA.
I have a Qobuz account and I would like to test it, if I could only understand how to use it in RuneAudio?
If I fill in my Qobuz credentials nothing happens, except that the UPnP rendering device disappears from my network.

What is the idea?

BN
bnilsson

Postby dror » 09 Mar 2020, 22:53

Hi

Do we have a live access point in this version of Rune?
By "live" I mean - when Rpi has internet access at the Ethernet interface, all clients connected to the active AP also have internet access.

Cheers,
Dror
dror

Postby belrik » 15 Mar 2020, 12:30

Which filesystem support does RuneAudio+R include? I want to have something a little safer than FAT32 and handle long filenames better too, as well as allowing a Windows user to easily add files to the USB drive without using SMB. Is the NTFS kernel module included in this distro?

Many thanks, enjoying this project so far
belrik

Postby Auralcurator » 15 Mar 2020, 23:54

klassikmann wrote:Plesse try this:
The Image link at the post in page 1 is from January 23. After the installation use the Addons Menu to update to the Version 20200213.

klassikmann

Thanks for updating that link. That does allow the update. Interestingly, I can't find a good way to verify the update and once updated, further attempts to update revert to the same error message I previously posted about.

For WiFi, I cannot get the build to connect to WiFi. If I go in and approach it from a linux perspective, with some hacking I can get it connected. Using the local UI also does not connect to WiFi. Is the tooling the UI uses to connect to WiFi limited in some way like max character length constraint or no passwords with spaces?

Additionally, is there plans to add DLNA rendering to the build? Does that cause it to be too unreliable? I have my FLAC collection on a Synology running minim which seems like it might work better simply rendering from there vs. mounting the volume and interacting with the content in that way.

Thanks!
-AC
Synology-DS214NAS -> RPi 3B+ -> Emotiva XDA-2 -> Adcom GFA5200
Auralcurator

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi