RuneAudio+R e2 - An improved version of RuneAudio

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio+R e2 - An improved version of RuneAudio

Postby alicefrances » 30 Jan 2020, 15:23

Hi,
Rern, thanks for your efforts and those of others who have made this project work so well!
I just reflashed to RuneAudio+R_e2-RPi2-3 and then did the update from the add-ons. Rune finds my library. Albums and webradio will load, but not play. Any thoughts as to why? I did not have this problem on the last version I used which I think was from Dec 2019.

(RPi3B+ HifiBerry Digi+ music is on an attached hard drive formatted hfs+, the drive is mounted by UUID)
alicefrances

Postby rlsten » 31 Jan 2020, 02:17

Using latest Re2 with most recent update on Raspberry Pi 4B with Official 7" Screen and Seagate 2.5" USB3 HDD. Without doubt the best performing Rune/RPi combination to date!!!!

However, I have the following issues:

1) The setting to rotate the LCD under System still does not work. I have to modify /boot/config.txt to add lcd_rotate=2 for the screen to rotate 180 degrees in landscape mode. The "screen off" setting does work as it should.

2) It seems that with my system, RuneRe2 takes a much longer time to boot than other recent versions. But when I use WiFi only, with no Ethernet cable connected, it takes even longer to boot. Is that a common occurrence, or is it limited to my setup? Is there something I can do to speed up the boot process?

Thanks for all your hard work!

Rod
rlsten

Postby sirvolcano » 08 Feb 2020, 17:14

Hi Rern,

first of all thanx for your great work!
I have installed RuneAudio+Re2 and run it with all updates with a Pi3 + Hifiberry Amp2 + 7" original pi touch display and it works great.

I am not sure if it is the right place here to set my comment - however I will place it:

Is RuneAudio+R2 a kind of parallel branch to the official RuneAudio - if yes, I hope it will be supported as long as it is possible?

I am wondering that you can download on the official download page the v0.3-beta from 2016 only. As I read in the forum, the latest version is v0.5 made by janui and there was an unofficial version v0.4 in between made by Frank. But to get this versions you have to rummage in the forum and you have to have good luck to find it.

I think it would be great if the latest version would be offered on the official download page of RuneAudio! In addition, as far as I understood it is not that easy to change to a newer versions by just an update, so you have to set up your system new when you want to update to the latest version --> that's annoying!! Hopefully with RuneAudio+Re2 it is not the same and it is easier to update to a newer version in the future!

Another question;
Would it be possible to open category based posts specially only for RuneAudio+Re2? This topic has all ready 30 pages with almost 300 posts that deals with many different topics! It would make everybody's life easier at researches!

Hope nobody misunderstands my comment, the guys who work at that project all of them make great job, thank you all for it! It should be a constructive comment/critic only!

Thanx
sirvolcano
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2 + HifiBerry Amp2 + official 7" touch display
sirvolcano

Postby sirvolcano » 09 Feb 2020, 16:24

Hi Rern,

before I start here are some information about my project:
I am building a standalone Music Box with Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2 + HifiBerry Amp2 + original 7” touch screen. There are some hardware buttons installed on the GPIOs for selecting favourite internet radio stations and a rotary encoder to change the volume. The button and rotary encoder function will be controlled by a python script, which starts when Pi is powered up.

I already tried this with other media center like Kodi or Volumio. Kodi was nice and brings a big library for changes by scripting but it was oversized for my purposes and it wasn’t that stable. Volumio … I don’t know why but I didn’t like it.

Now, I discovered RuneAudio for me and I guess it fits best for my purposes. First, I installed from the official download page the version v0.3-beta than I found RuneAudio+Re2, now I am going for the last one. But I guess I need your help or the help of this forum for the best settings for the highest sound quality.

• At system settings I selected for the audio “HifiBerry DAC+” because Amp2 was not listed. As I understood Amp2 is based on the DAC so this selection should be ok, or should I use another? And which sound profile is recommended, or should it be turned off? Actual set up is the RuneAudio.

• At MPD settings “HifiBerry DAC+” is visible as set in the system settings. Here it is recommended to select “Disable” for the best sound quality. But when I do that the hardware volume is set to 0dB as described in the settings but the volume control on the screen disappears and the loudness blows me and all my neighbours away! The only possibility of changing the volume is via SSH and CLI with the command “amixer -M set x%” (by the way my python script will use this command as well to change the volume!). Is this behaviour as described of the system correct? So, is there any difference between the setting “Disabled” and “DAC Hardware” when I want to change the volume?

• Another issue that I noticed; When I change the volume via SSH the screen volume value doesn’t reacts directly! The screen volume value only changes when the actual plying song changes to the next or when the MPD is stopped and restarted again. Could it be possible to make the screen volume value directly changes when the volume changed via CLI command, some kind of coupling them? This behaviour was already in v0.3-beta possible, it would be very good to have it in Re2 as well!

• One last issue; Playing music via AirPlay doesn’t work! My mobile can see the RuneAudio and pairs to it but there is no sound on rune when I am playing music via my mobile!

Hope Rern or someone else can help me with these issues!

Thanx in advance and best regards.
sirvolcano
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2 + HifiBerry Amp2 + official 7" touch display
sirvolcano

Update 20200211

Postby rern » 11 Feb 2020, 13:13

Update 20200211

Important: If Addons was unable to load, append /addons.php to RuneAudio URL bar.
(For example: 192.168.1.11/addons.php or runeaudio.local/addons.php)

- Improve setting pages
- Fix Addons loading
- Fix on-board devices setting
- Fix Browser on RPi rotate
- Fix Lyrics fetching songs with aphostrophe
- Add System status interval update (toggle)
- Add Tap song = Replace + Play
- Add on-screen keyboard for Browser on RPi (available on standard version)
- Improve Restore Settings addon

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby klassikmann » 11 Feb 2020, 16:28

@rern
Thank you for the update.

Minor flaw:
My I²S module is "HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro". In /etc/mpd.conf the name is "HiFiBerry Digi (I²S)" which is the 7-bit code of "HiFiBerry Digi (I²S)".
I'm not sure whether this is new.

klassikmann
RPI 3B + HifiBerry Digi+ Pro + rAudio-1
klassikmann

Postby R101 » 11 Feb 2020, 18:05

Thanks rern,

The only problem I have found is that my working wifi connection does not appear under Network in the menu.

I am using a dongle, rather than the Pi3 on-board wifi, and a fixed IP connecting to a hidden SSID, so not the usual configuration. Before the update, the network showed up in the list, but no signal strength was displayed.

Anyone else using a USB wifi dongle needs to know that if you turn off the onboard wifi under settings, you will lose the USB wifi as well - and won't get it back :)
(Pi 3B, rAudio-1, JLS I2S over USB)
R101

Postby rlsten » 13 Feb 2020, 01:08

A couple of issues with the new update (using Raspberry Pi 4):

1. Clicking on System in Menu results only in Blinking "Rune Audio" image.
2. Clicking on Network shows "LAN Up" -- even though the Pi was connected via WiFi, not LAN. No sign of WiFi connection at all.

Rod
rlsten

Postby holzboa » 13 Feb 2020, 08:29

Some issues with running RuneAudio+R e2 on Pi3b+:

1. expand filesystem doesn't work
2. albumcover dowload doesn't work
3. network edit not possible

Solution (1+2): downloaded the scripts and executed them manually
Solution (3):
Code: Select all
nano /etc/systemd/network/eth0.network

i used that instead:
Code: Select all
[Match]
Name=eth0

[Network]
Address=192.168.1.9/24
Gateway=192.168.1.1
DNS=192.168.1.247

Before i tried (according to https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Dhcpcd#/etc/resolv.conf to edit /etc/resolvconf.conf, added nohook resolv.conf to /etc/dhcpcd.conf, created /etc/resolv.conf.head - without success.
holzboa

Postby s.k. » 13 Feb 2020, 17:50

Hi Rern,
I applied the RuneAudio+R e2 20200213 update.
Very useful and beautiful improvements - at least for me.
I had setup a static IP (192.168.1.101) and after the update in network menu I get this :

Both of the IPs are working ok, if I use my pc explorer (firefox).

Is that normal ?

Regards
Stavros
RPi2B Rev 1.1, Allo DigiOne, ATXRaspi, 16x2 OLED display - running rAudio
s.k.

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi