RuneAudio+R e2 - An improved version of RuneAudio

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio+R e2 - An improved version of RuneAudio

Postby proteus » 26 Jan 2020, 21:43

Hi Rern, how can we get a 3.5" LCD working? Were do i put the LCD driver?
Thanks
Paul
proteus

Postby J4K » 26 Jan 2020, 22:05

Hello Everyone,

I Have RuneAudio+R e2 fully updated on a rpi3b, fresh install. Connected via WiFi. everything works great and I have Music Playing. But I cannot map to the powered ssd drive that is attached to the pi. Running win 10, media streaming options can see runeaudio.

Everything else connected shows when mapping, just not RuneAudio.

Also is there a DEV Page available like runeaudio 4?

Thanyou for reading.

J

@J4K,
- Settings > System > File sharing - on
- No DEV page in R+R e2. What do you want to do?

Hi Rern,

File Sharings is on, and Rune is still not showing when mapping. If I put the rune4 image sd card in, then it maps straight away.

It's no biggie though, I'll just transfer files manually, it was more of a convenience thing.

With regards the Dev page, I just thought I should turn on an option in there to get mapping to work is all.

And once Again, thank you to yourself, and everyone who works to bring us RuneAudio. It's far Superior to everything else out there.

All the Best

J
J4K

Postby R101 » 27 Jan 2020, 11:29

J4K,

I had a problem connecting to a network drive with +R which had never occurred with previous versions. It was because the drive firmware is not compatible with the new samba version, but adding vers=2 to the options field in Networks setup fixed it.

Could your problem be due to a similar incompatibility?
(Pi 3B, rAudio-1, JLS I2S over USB)
R101

Postby J4K » 27 Jan 2020, 13:11

Hello Everyone,

Just a Quick update, after much google fu, I believe Samba was missing from my install, (I couldn't get samba-rune to install). Once I installed this, rune appeared in device manager (greyed out), and also in devices and Printers (greyed out).

I then downloaded WinSCP and was able to alter some samba files, rebooted the pi and rune now shows up in Mapping options, and I can transfer files to the usb drive.

Thanx Everyone

J
J4K

Postby rern » 27 Jan 2020, 15:30

Update 20200127

Improved - File Sharing (Samba)
- Show in Windows Network list (with WS-Discovery)
- Settings
    Read only
    - Settings > System > File sharing - Disable Write permission
    Read + Write
    - Settings > System > File sharing - Enable Write permission
    - Map either USB or SD with user: root, password: rune (on Windows - Connect using different credentials)
    - No need to set filesystem permissions

@J4K,

RuneAudio+R e2 image files have Samba installed by default. (get version: samba -V)

The update should make the file sharing easier for everyone.

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby R101 » 27 Jan 2020, 19:17

Thanks for the updates, rern. This is now my daily-use version.

Feature requests:

Can we have the next/previous icons back on the top bar, where relevant, please?

Also, under Library Tools, can the Single Tap Song be add>replace>play - at least on the Webradio page, but preferably always?
(Pi 3B, rAudio-1, JLS I2S over USB)
R101

Postby AndyF » 28 Jan 2020, 06:43

Can we have the next/previous icons back on the top bar, where relevant, please?

If you have more than one title in playlist, a reload of the page bring the buttons back.
Seems to be a bug - I think it should hide buttons, if only one title is in playlist. And they should be visible again, if another title is added.

regards, Andy
AndyF

Postby rern » 28 Jan 2020, 08:15

R101 wrote:...
Also, under Library Tools, can the Single Tap Song be add>replace>play - at least on the Webradio page, but preferably always?

Andy is right. A fix and the feature will be included with next update.

rern
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby J4K » 28 Jan 2020, 18:38

Hello Everyone,

Back Again :)

Another Update, All the Stuff I tried worked for a short time, and then corrupted. Doh!

Fresh install and Rerns latest Update Actually got Rune showing up in drive mapping, But the pi3 would not accept the connection.

OK it's Testing me.

Then I had a Brain Fart, forget wifi, try the ethernet cable. connected the cable and rebooted the pi3, and The drive Mapped straight away.

Disconnected the ethernet cable and rebooted the pi3 Again to test with wifi, and the drive was still there. :)

Moral: KISS

RuneAudio+R e2 is now my goto player, I'll keep rune4 on a seperate card for emergencies.

Now for a couple of questions if you will indulge me. :)

I really like the VU meter when a radio station is playing, it's animated on my laptop screen, but not on the rpi 7" screen, is this normal?

And now that I'm getting to grips with WinSCP, if a person wanted to tweak the sort order in the library, what files would I be looking at?

Thanx to everyone for their help.

J
J4K

Postby rern » 29 Jan 2020, 04:40

J4K wrote:...
I really like the VU meter when a radio station is playing, it's animated on my laptop screen, but not on the rpi 7" screen, is this normal?

And now that I'm getting to grips with WinSCP, if a person wanted to tweak the sort order in the library, what files would I be looking at?

The browser on RPi connected screen, Chromium, has been not well for animated GIF or even blinking text. Any animations constantly consume high CPU load. So the animated VU meter was disabled.

Drag to rearrange applicable for:
- Library home
- Playlist
- Saved Playlist
(See RuneUI Enhancement for all features.)

rern
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi